3DS eShop release schedule - Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels and Mega Man 2 incoming

Get ready to download some of the hardest platformers ever in the coming months as Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels and Mega Man 2 are both coming to the 3DS eShop.

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels is just one of a few big games coming to the 3DS digital store before the end of the year. It'll be joined in the eShop by Hydroventure: Spin Cycle, EscapeVektor and Nano Assault Ex.

The Lost Levels was originally released in Japan as Super Mario Bros 2: For Super Players but Nintendo America considered it to be too difficult so a Japanese prototype called Doki Doki Panic was finished off with the Mario treatment and released as Super Mario Bros 2 in the US. However, The Lost Levels would eventually come out in the country in the Super Mario All-Stars compilation.

As for Mega Man 2, that's widely considered to be one of the toughest platformers ever. You can see how hard it is when the NES version is released through the eShop during the first quarter of 2013.

Other highlights in this release schedule include Ghosts 'N' Goblins, Picross e2, Nightsky (from Cave Story 3D developers Nicalis), Harmo Knight (from Pokemon developers Game Freak) and the Game Boy Color version of Harvest Moon.

• Crimson Shroud (Level 5): 13 December 2012
  • Hydroventure: Spin Cycle (Nintendo): 13 December 2012
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels: (NES version) (Nintendo): 27 December 2012
  • escapeVektor: (Nnooo): December 2012
  • Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia): December 2012
  • Ghosts'n Goblins (Virtual Console - NES) (Capcom): 3 January 2013
  • Tokyo Crash Mobs (Nintendo): 17. January 2013
  • Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios): January 2013
  • Picross e2 (Jupiter): January 2013
  • NightSky (Nicalis): Quarter 1 2013
  • ATV Wild Ride 3D (Renegade Kid): Quarter 1 2013
  • HarmoKnight (Nintendo): March 2013
  • Harvest Moon (Virtual Console - Game Boy Color) (Natsume): Quarter 1 2013
  • Legend of the River King (Virtual Console) Game Boy Color) (Natsume): Quarter 1 2013
  • Pinball: Revenge of the Gator (Virtual Console - Game Boy) (Nintendo): Quarter 1 2013
  • Mega Man 2 (Virtual Console - NES) (Capcom): Quarter 1 2013
  • Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (Virtual Console - NES) (Tecmo Koei): Quarter 2013

Comments

1. K-tet Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 11:13

Hooray, time to spend another Ł4.49 on a Virtual Console game I already own. >_>

The sooner Nintendo realise how important it is to unify all the components that make up Nintendo Network, the better it is for the consumer.

That list however does look pretty good. I've already got my Christmas purchases sorted out though. Oh well.

2. silver2010 Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 11:15

Been waiting for hydro adventure and the lost levels well who can say no =]

3. Slinkington Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 11:16

Shantae
    Donkey Kong Land
    Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Once they release those, I'll have the only GB/GBC games I wish to download.

Also, I couldn't agree more with the first commenter. I already have all the major NES games on my Wii. Why should I buy them AGAIN for the 3DS? I have my apps on my iPod, iPhone and iPad. Only bought them once. Nintendo need to wise up. It's even worse that they want Ł4.49 for a 20+ year old game, when I pay less for my NEW Apps on iOS. And get them on all my devices.

4. deKay Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 11:17

escapeVektor NEEEEEEED!

Been waiting AGES for this. If it's out December, less that 3 weeks wait!

5. Commandervideo Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 11:33

NO CAVE STORY+! :evil: I'm going to be forced to get it on Steam at this rate :(

Escapevektor! Nightsky! Hydroventure! Megaman! Four YAYS! from me. :)

6. MartinIsAwesome Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 12:02

Ooh! There's a lot there that I like the sound of. Mega Man 2 is brilliant, and if anyone hasn't played it yet I highly recommend it.
    Ninja Gaiden II might have to go on my wishlist. I recently downloaded the first one (on the Wii) and love it.

I do hope that Picross e2 gets made available at a discount to those who own the initial one. A bit annoyed that there wasn't an add-on content option made for Picross e. Then again, from what I've seen, it's a bit different to the last one so I'll have to wait and see.

7. IscariotJ Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 12:28

Shantae
    Donkey Kong Land
    Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Once they release those, I'll have the only GB/GBC games I wish to download.

I'm astounded that the GBC Zelda's haven't been made available. Maybe special versions are being worked on….

8. deKay Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 12:32

I hope e2 has bigger grids. Even the biggest on e were pretty small.

9. imbusydoctorwho Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 13:18

Tokyo Crash Mob looks really quite good.

10. deKay Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 13:26

Tokyo Crash Mob looks really quite good.

It's Magnetica/Puzzloop with live action balls.

By the same people as Magnetica/Puzzloop.

11. stary64 Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 14:50

Sill no Pokemon then :(

12. Dave-O Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 15:36

Does anyone know if the eshop from the 3ds can b linked with the wii u so funds can be shared between them. I'll probably download the lost levels but nothing else really interests me there. Nintendo needs to re-release the e-reader levels from Mario Advance 4 so Europe can play them, they could call it The Lost Levels 2 and because its Mario 3 style people will buy it.

13. deKay Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 15:48

They can't be linked... yet.

14. Herbert_Rarr Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 16:28

I've never played a Picross game before and the idea confuses me, however I do enjoy puzzle games so I'm not sure. From what I've seen of the rest, nothing really interests me. I don't know why I want GBA games on the 3DS eShop so much when I have a GBA SP already :?

15. ledreppe Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 18:37

Only 2 games interest me; lost levels and picross e-2, and I already have lost levels on Wii.

16. thenintendoer Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 18:39

either not interested or have already purchased

17. adamatsu Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 20:05

that's weird i just played through megaman 2 today on my wii, what a game!

18. Saaam Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 15:52

YES! YES! YES!
    I've been wanting Lost Levels and Mega man 2 since the 3DS eShop launched!