What's your favourite Wii U game?

Colette Barr reveals her top three. Vote for your favourite.

So I've spent just over a week with my Wii U now and I can confidently say that I love it! It's awesome to finally have my own console after months of waiting and for those of you who are still having to wait patiently until Christmas for your Wii U's, I feel your pain, but it's not much longer! And you have so much to look forward to.

Right, my favourite three Wii U games are below but I also want to know what you're playing and what your number one game so far is.

3. New Super Mario Bros U

I adore all Mario games. They are always great and New Super Mario Bros U, an amped up, super pretty update to the NSMB series, is no exception. There are a few new features and although none of these are particularly ground breaking, this doesn't stop it from being one of my favourites for the Wii U.

My favourite aspect of New Super Mario Bros Wii is the four-person multiplayer mode and I'm delighted to see that this has returned. It's chaotically brilliant and I always have a good time playing this with friends. The game is also very beautiful and although there isn't a great deal to distinguish it from the previous Wii version, it's certainly worth picking up, even if just to appreciate its beauty.

Previous 1 2 3 Next page

Comments

1. Mr Roboto Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 18:29

Trine 2 for me :)

2. boxlink Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 18:59

Mine is ZombiU, Not on the list?

3. ThePokekid78 Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 19:22

Predictable choice 1) - Check!

Predictable choice 2) - Also check!

Predictable choice 3) - Ah, check!

4. shy guy 64 Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 19:48

i'd say NSMBU

5. Beastnbrawl Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 20:01

I have just enough money for the black Wii u and 1 game what should I get :?

6. BattleGooseUK Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 20:44

For me it's;

1.) ZombiU
    2.) Darksiders II
    3.) New Super Mario Bros. U
    4.) Nintedo Land
    5.) Sonic & All-Stars: Racing Transformed
    6.) Nano Assault

I don't have Trine 2 or Assassins Creed 3 yet, hopefully have both these in the next few days.

7. 5OUNDWAVE Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 09:34

don't have a favourite game yet but the 1 i play the most is sonic racing followed by mario , have only spent about half an hour on zombiu in 2 week's

8. K-tet Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 12:18

NSMBU for me. ZombiU is second but only just. As for third... I can't make my mind up past Sonic Racing Transformed, Trine 2, or Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition... I'll just tie them all for third. =3

9. mushroomchow Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 12:50

I only have ZombiU and Nintendoland and am loving both, but Nintendoland pips it for pure addictive value. I bought it expecting something to get out when mates come over, but I've already racked up 20 hours of gameplay, mostly late nights in bed playing that pesky Donkey Kong's Crash Course.

10. lifetimegamer Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 13:21

ZombiU easily gets my vote. Not only the best Wii-U game I've played so far, it's also my Game of the Year. It has some flaws but it's still survival horror at it's finest and exactly the sort of game I've wanted to play for quite some time :)

11. GuitarHero Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 13:27

Nintendoland for me, surprisingly awesome.

12. epiclink Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 16:06

It's got to be Nintendo Land and Tekken Tag Tournament 2!

13. Kirby8 Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 16:14

I have all 3 of these games and love them all.
    Nintendo Land is addictive! The multiplayer action is just too much fun! And the single player action is so much more awesome then I thought it would be! I was hooked on to DK Crash Course for some time to finish the damn thing! Finally did it and...well...if you've finished it you know what happens next!
    NSMBU is fantastic! Not surprising though! Mario games are always awesome.
    ZombiU is fantastic! I love horror movies and horror games can be fun, but a lot of them tend to be very action horror trigger happy games, and I'm not that into action games...I hate COD. I much prefer survival horror or other horror games, like Amnesia or Eternal Darkness.
    And this is why I love ZombiU. It's not about shooting everything in sight. It's about being careful with ammo and trying to avoid zombies, only killing when necessary! And I live in London! I love London. So the chance to play in a Post-apoclyptic version of my own city was the best opportunity. This coupled with the survival horror aspects makes for a frighteningly realistic game for me. And I always play with the lights off as well. Adds a new level of scare!

The games I still want to buy that are currently out are Batman and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Just need some more money really.

14. dave666 Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 17:13

my top 5

1.Zombi U
    2.Batman Armored Edition
    3.Mass Effect 3
    4.Black Ops 2
    5.Sonic and All stars Racing Transformed

surprisingly I don't like Nintendo land very much,and its one of the games I was looking forward to

15. jaco_p Tuesday 11th Dec 2012 at 20:15

ZombiU is my favourite game by far, with nintendo land not too far behind due to excellent use of gamepad. Mario is pretty pedestrian imo, but it's a very tight platformer as you would expect. Trine also looks gorgeous, d/l day 1 but haven't made much headway no time!! Grade 8 Bass exam to practice for!!

16. jaco_p Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 00:39