21 things you must do with your 3DS

Did you get a 3DS for Christmas? Here's your ultimate guide

Just got a 3DS for Christmas? Here's how to milk every last drop of Nintendo joy from your amazing new handheld. If it's great games you're after, here are the best 3DS games but the amazing thing about 3DS is that you don't even need to buy a game to have fun.

1. Get Hundreds Of StreetPasses

There's an extra reason to get more StreetPasses and it's not just to help you gather puzzle pieces or take out ghosts in StreetPass Quest. Get lots of StreetPass hits and you'll notice that the music will change in your Mii Plaza. As you collect more Miis, you'll unlock more tunes in your music player and earn plenty of accomplishments. You'll be hard pressed to meet all 78, though, as some of them are rock hard.

2. Play With The Circle Pad Pro

You can buy a special attachment for your 3DS called the Circle Pad Pro. Designed in collaboration with Capcom, the peripheral adds an extra Circle Pad to your 3DS and is compatible with games such as Resident Evil Revelations and Kid Icarus Uprising.

Your 3DS clips into the plastic peripheral and, although it makes your console feel bulkier, the extra Circle Pad comes in handy when moving and aiming in Capcom's new survival horror game. Also good for left-handed gamers in Kid Icarus.

3. Record 3D Video

It's really easy to record your own 3D video - you simply have to go into the 3DS Camera, tap the video icon and press the L or R button to begin your recording. You can record for up to 10 minutes and when you're done you can view it on your 3DS or save it to your SD Card before uploading it onto Youtube (although it won't be in 3D if you do this).

You can add effects such as black and white or sepia to your videos but the best thing about 3DS video recording is the ability to make Aardman-style stop-motion animation. To do this, you need to use the Frame Pick option which takes snaps of individual frames before putting them together into a video.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page

Comments

1. dunc247 Wednesday 26th Dec 2012 at 11:02

"Unless, Everything's Rosie - the game based on the Cbeebies show - turns out to be a classic"

Made my day

2. rothux Wednesday 26th Dec 2012 at 13:22

I really want my 3DS back :(

3. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 26th Dec 2012 at 14:37

Got RE: Revelations for Christmas and I must admit, with it being my first Resi game, I'm really liking it.

The sound is probably the most impressive aspect (really sets the mood and heightens the tension), and playing through feels just like you're in the movie Alien...

4. j bean Wednesday 26th Dec 2012 at 16:37

Love my 3DS but those purple squares in puzzle swap are really stupid. I've got several incomplete pictures because of them. I've only been able to come across 1 of those blocks in all the street pass hits I've had (which is quite a few). Might be better if they included one with the extra pictures Nintendo give over spot pass instead of giving out regular ones.

5. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 26th Dec 2012 at 19:48

I really want my 3DS back :(

I want mine back too T-T It suffered my sisters pre-christmas tantrum last week and she stamped it in half.

Made it worse since I got Mario Kart 7 for Crimbo and found a place to get Circle pad Pro on cheap >.<

6. liveswired Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 01:51

My mk7 community code !!!!! :D
    :arrow: 38-8952-3659-7266

10. liveswired Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 23:46

Number 22 - sell it.

Overpriced heap of sh1t. :wink:

Init I got a 3ds and a 3ds xl and altogether it cost nearly 600 £

lol If Nintendo finally sorted out it's pathetic eShop and crazy pricing structure it might be half decent - Pilotwings and New Super Mario @ £39.99 WTF!!!! :shock:

Too many rivals producing superior products.........it is definitely my last Nintendo product.

11. Nintendofreak03 Friday 28th Dec 2012 at 12:54

I know right hey we should be friends on the 3ds :)

So here s my friend code you give me yours :mrgreen:

Code: 1590-5896-0046

12. liveswired Friday 28th Dec 2012 at 21:45

I know right hey we should be friends on the 3ds :)

So here s my friend code you give me yours :mrgreen:

Code: 1590-5896-0046

4081-5530-7050 :mrgreen:

13. jaco_p Saturday 29th Dec 2012 at 21:04

I really want my 3DS back :(

Jesus christ, how many times have you posted this? is there anyone else you can cry about your 3ds to because i've had enough. Try your sister for starters

14. cthesupergenius Saturday 5th Jan 2013 at 19:10

Getting one for my birthday. Only 24 days left... Crossing them off on my ONM wall planner.

15. Kyahh Tuesday 2nd Apr 2013 at 19:09