Worst Wii U games

Featuring a new entry

There are at least 10 great games to play on Wii U and, as the recent Nintendo Direct proved, there is a bright future for Nintendo's new console. Yet, there are also some sub-50 stinkers that you should steer clear of even if you see them in the bargain bin. Here are the worst Wii U games.

9. Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth

What is it? Marvel Avengers dumbs down the fighting game, enabling you to fight as the likes of Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk by tapping icons on the GmaePad's touchscreen. You'll be taking on the dastardly Skrulls who have invaded dear old Planet Earth and it's up to you to stop them...

There's nothing wrong with the idea as it makes fighting games accessible for those who can't be bothered to remember combos and, anyway, it worked well in Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Dead Or Alive Dimensions on 3DS but Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth is too simple.

What we said: We applaud Battle For Earth's unique approach to simplistic fighting, but its lack of content and depth won't impress anyone but the most junior gamers.

Score: 45%

Read our Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth review for more.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page

Comments

1. Mrseddievedder Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 09:49

Rabbids :D I really don't agree with the above review. Played it with friends and the true teamwork needed to play some of the games. We laughed jumped about and truly enjoyed the game. My friend had previously said the wii u wasn't worth it but he left with his opinion changed after only playing this. If you have enjoyed previous rabbid games before then you'll enjoy this one. No it isn't a boys shoot everything game but it is a good choice for groups of friends especially mixed gender groups.

2. torterratrainer Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 10:36

wow these are bad - even the people in those miiverse communities were complaining.

3. Skywardwolf23 Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 10:39

Well I know what to avoid

4. mushroomchow Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 11:04

Wow, they had the misfortune to own those games then had the courage to tell the world on miiverse? Brave people.

5. bigterence Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 12:11

yeah guys.miiverse is for people who actually play the games,then comment.it is very usefull.Get Stuck In,but please none of "my mate played this and said it is rubbish" comments cos we know if you played the game.Good one ninty.

6. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 13:30

I wasn't expecting Rabbids Land to be the bad.

7. 5OUNDWAVE Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 13:59

good to see transformer's prime in the list , i'm a massive tf fan and i wouldn't waste my coin on this garbage , some guy on miiverse commented ( the only thing this game transform's is your money into cold bitter tear's ) say's it all really !

8. Nintendofreak03 Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 16:29

Truth be told Ben 10 is so bad it's nick name is I'm <deleted> :lol:

9. Ganonsmurf Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 17:55

Ah, ONM, I love your scathing reviews. :D Apart from this lot, WiiU is absolutely amazing, got it on xmas and having so much fun =]

10. epiclink Friday 28th Dec 2012 at 14:29

Surprised the Rabbids game got a low score, oh well it would learn it's lesson on 3DS.

11. sporeboy100 Friday 28th Dec 2012 at 22:16

your missing one god awful 0%'er, Call of Hackers: Hacked Ops 2

12. smash-brother Saturday 29th Dec 2012 at 15:27

wow :shock: , wii u just under a month old and it,s already got a "worst game" list, u must secertly hate it (sorry about the pun)

13. SmashBro2712 Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 11:26

That bad eh? If so, I can't believe pikmin 3 got pushed back for these games.

14. samus_killer Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 11:55

That bad eh? If so, I can't believe pikmin 3 got pushed back for these games.

Well it's so Pikmin 3 can be the best possible game that Nintendo can ship... even if it's taken them like 9 years to make >.>

15. toffeeman30 Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 13:03

quite disappointed that we have worst wii u games list as the wii u been out a few months

16. tomonm Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 13:52

Well, think of it like a buyer's guide. We're not just listing games for the hell of it. We're telling you which Wii U games to buy (see best Wii U games) and which to avoid. Every console has rubbish games. Remember that Wii U currently has more good than bad and there are plenty of great games coming up.

17. Tazer_Silverscar Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 14:33

Would be nice to see the 'Cybertron' games that are supposed to be within the Prime storyline make a WiiU appearance though, as they were pretty epic.

18. LOZanges Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 16:21

Family party: 30 great games is the best mini-game, compilation ever! Don't trust ONM, me and my mate played it and it was amazing!!! Buy it now!!!

Cough - sarcasm - Cough!

19. tpie123 Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 16:44

oh dear, there's always 1 or in this case, 7

20. TheVelvetRoom Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 17:23

Nevermind the shortness of the game, Transformers Prime's visuals would look crappy on an original Xbox, let alone a next-gen console like the Wii U.

21. KH81314 Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 18:21

Worst Wii U game I've played is Epic Mickey 2. The controls are horrible and I hate Oswald. I regret not getting it for Wii. Might in a few years if they announce another one because I dont want to go through that again.

22. 5OUNDWAVE Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 20:39

they got the idea for prime from wfc (dark energon) but funny enough no mention of it in ffc ? hopefully the wii u will get the 3rd game in the series !

23. 3DSgirl Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 15:12

I must say im really disappointed with some of the wii u games! Animal Crossing sweet day is the game I am really angry about. If you have seen normal animal crossing which I have been playing since the first ac and still have them the wii u version is nothing like it. But I have to admit when I play golf on the wii u its so much fun and the graphics are just amazing!
    :P

24. vix_chan Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 18:02

:P

Eh? Sweet Day is a mini game in Nintendo Land... it's not a full game like LGTTC... how can you be dissapointed in minigame madness! :D

25. kallymsmarties Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 20:27

I was surprised to see Rabbids Land as a really low reviewed game. I literally bought it for today and I thought it was ok and a game my mates would like because they aint extreme gamers or don't play much and we loved Mario Party 9 and this felt like a fun board game :(

26. TheSlenderman Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 21:00

I shall be steering well clear of these, then.

27. TomMc92 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 16:41

This was bad enough on the Wii having to put up with all those terrible games but now it seems like they're infesting the Wii U which is a shame because its an amazing console i got mine on the 21st of this month and im loving it. Games like this really annoy me, as some companies take pride in thier work to make the game the best it can be. Others i don't get how can they justify these games?

28. herbie262 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 18:24

I'm so gunna get Family Party! :lol:

29. fzeroman Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 19:19

Oh look- 3/4s of the Wii U's libary!

30. Spyrolad Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 20:18

It's worrying that this is updated more often than the top Wii U games list...

31. Spyrolad Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 20:21

I'm so gunna get Family Party! :lol:

you're harming the industry if you do

32. Scraggy man Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 05:29

And the Avengers join the list

33. buzzboy42 Monday 20th May 2013 at 01:16

I'm just happy they didn't say tank! Tank! Tank in the list. That game is over rated multiplayer fun... :lol: style