The most annoying games characters of all time

Kersti from Paper Mario: Sticker Star is infuriating but is she the most annoying?

Have you played Paper Mario: Sticker Star yet? It's great fun, packed with brilliant stickers to collect and amusing dialogue. Yet we were not amused by Kersti, one of the many characters in videogame history who are meant to help you but do anything but. So irritating is Kersti with her 'stating-the-bleeding-obvious' advice, that she has made our list of the top ten most annoying characters in Nintendo games.

10. Adam (Metroid Other M)

The great thing about many of the Metroid games is finding all the power-ups that will improve Samus Aran's Power Suit and enable her to reach areas that were previously inaccessible. In Metroid: Other M, Adam Malkovich, the commanding officer to Samus, has all the power-ups but refuses to allow you to use them because you departed the Galactic Federation army. He even calls Samus an outsider and refuses to allow his team to reveal any details of their mission to her. Even after saving his team from monsters, Adam doesn't give Samus all of her gear, just authorising certain weapons for her to use. Git.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page

Comments

1. Wiimote Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 15:47

I also find the Hammer Bros. annoying as they have killed me many times & I find Peach annoying too not because she keeps getting kidnapped, she's just generally annoying.

2. shy guy 64 Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 16:03

i like navi

3. vtheyoshi Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 16:29

I hate Navi so much.

4. Commandervideo Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 16:30

What about the big fish from ballon fight?

But yeah, Arianna has got to be one of the most unlikeable characters ever

5. DynamicPunch202 Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 16:41

Slippy and Joey are really annoying, but what about the Zubats in the cave and dungeon levels in pokemon. They drive me insane!

6. Pyron12 Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 17:00

I laugh at how you forgot some obvious choices.
    Alec Trevelyan from Goldeneye just won't shut up.
    Ashley from RE4 constantly screams "LEON!" and can't even defend herself.
    Slippy only has an annoying voice, so he deserves to be lower.
    Navi dosen't deserve to be on the list. Instead Keapora-Geabora does. You skip through his speeches (which are basically what Navi said :P) only for them to start over again. At least Navi sometimes helps, the owl dosen't help at all. To quote Twin Peaks "The owls are not what they seem". In his case he is anything but helpful.

7. Xenobladeperson Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 17:05

Didn't mind Navi, Fi is the true culprit.

8. Pichu10585 Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 17:30

On the subject of Joey's Rattata, I have a shiny one :D

9. reeesy Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 17:47

haha, that hammer brothers video is hilarious.

10. Mmmyeah Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 17:50

I've always found Falco more annoying than Slippy. They both often require saving but at least Slippy is grateful.

11. superthingymabob Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 18:17

If you save and quit when you need to go to Kakariko for the first time, when you start up, it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to make it there from the forest without Navi "hey listen"ing!

12. Peg Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 18:29

The first character that comes to my mind is indeed Navi and her neverending "Hey, listen!". But that may be due to the fact that I'm currently playing OoT. :mrgreen:
    The second one is Peach or better saying the way she looks, sounds, acts - I can't stand it.

13. danbish Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 18:47

Slippy Toad could take the top 5 all on his own.

14. lrwr14 Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 19:04

I like Adam malkovich as a character, however I did hate how he was 'used' in Metroid Other M. As you mentioned about the power ups, Nintendo made it out so Adam was stopping you. I would have preferred it if they found some other way instead of making Adam out to be the bad guy.

15. hario Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 19:27

Blue Darknuts. Bane of my existence.

16. Darkblizz Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 19:58

Ruto's annoying too, at least as a child. Snobby little cow.

And MY GOD, don't get me started on Fi...

17. goldtanooki Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 20:13

Ruto's annoying too, at least as a child. Snobby little cow.

And MY GOD, don't get me started on Fi...

On Fi...
    "Master, the batteries in your wii remote are low"
    "Master, the batteries in your wii remote are low"
    "Master, the batteries in your wii remote are low"
    "Master, the batteries in your wii remote are low"
    "Master, the batteries in your wii remote are low"
    At least she calls you master.

18. Emperor Evil Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 20:32

I think Resetti's entertaining...

I do have to ask though, why isn't Daisy on the list? She's unbearable.

19. Sex Bob-omb Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 20:36

Your mother in pokemon gold/silver ''son I've spent your hard earned cash on a useless berry you can find all over the place''

20. Koopa man Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 21:21

There's a mysterious lack of a certain dog from Duck Hunt...

21. Liefesa Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 21:34

Navi deserves some love - this song gives Link's opinion on his faithful fairy: http://liefesa.deviantart.com/art/Navi- ... 2451&qo=12 :D

22. Waldy565 Wednesday 12th Dec 2012 at 22:08

Top 2, hell yes! You make a fantastic point with Navi, and Slippy, gosh, I only rented Star Fox 64 3D for a couple of days (fantastic, getting for xmas!) but Slippy! Damn! One problem, Arianna. I didn't mind her, rather her over Emmy, or Luke... Plus, I welled up a little at the end of Layton 4, thinking it more sad than Layton 3... then i replayed Layton 3, and that's another story...

23. BattleGooseUK Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 03:28

There's a few characters from Chibi-Robo that I found annoying, they've all so egotistical!

24. wghtmf Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 09:41

I think Resetti's entertaining...

I do have to ask though, why isn't Daisy on the list? She's unbearable.

My thoughts exactly.

25. K-tet Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 09:54

Navi is predictably at the top. To be honest, Slippy's not just annoying, he's genuinely useless in the field of battle. Even when there's an enemy gunning for him, he's too busy being overawed by the fact that "Venom's right there." Ugh... it's so satisfying in Lylat Wars' multiplayer when you gun down Slippy just because he's THAT annoying.

Now Peach I don't find annoying.

Five notable absentees:
    1. Birdo (what I wouldn't give to axe its head off).
    2. Baby Peach (broken in MKWii, excessively annoying).
    3. Daisy (way over-the-top, although when she gets mad it's funny).
    4. Zubat (in caves, every bloody step. Look for Geodude, come across Zubat).
    5. Tentacool (whilst surfing, every bloody step).

Perhaps later (if and when I can be bothered to) I'll throw in non-Nintendo characters that are genuinely annoying.

26. cthesupergenius Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 11:30

In the middle of the first whirlpool section of the Water Temple in OOT3D: 'Link, are you tired? I am. Maybe we should take a break' :evil:

27. epiclink Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 12:09

I found Tingle from Zelda to be quite annoying.

28. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 12:56

No mention of Marine the Racoon from Sonic Rush Adventure with her borderline racist "Aussie" dialogue? Why the heck is she Australian anyway? Her only blessing (and I mean only) that that she didn't have a voice actor.
    Apart from that , she's literally offencive. The game's PEGI rating had to be boosted up because the writers made her utter a certain phrase that they must have assumed was a bit of cheeky aussie banter, when really it refers to something akin to sodomy.

29. Accelgor7 Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 17:18

When Na'avi dies, nobody will cry

30. scribblenautfan Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 18:43

Wtf? What about Gus from epic mickey? And let*s not forget about Gus in epic mickey 2.

31. LOZanges Friday 14th Dec 2012 at 18:51

If you think Navi's annoying, play the ROM Sonic The Hedgehog: Omochao edition. Sega don't make consoles anymore, so it can't hurt!

32. SilentDark Saturday 15th Dec 2012 at 13:19

That Labrador in Brawl, I hate that puppy so much.

33. CDS Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 17:37

Why isn't Omochao here? If his performance in Sonic Adventure 2 wasn't enough to get him this list, surely the Omospam-fest that was Sea Gate in Sonic Heroes should.

34. smash-brother Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 19:40

I think that princess ruto is just as annoying navi. and she reminds me of one of my sisters friends who is also annoying :evil:

also you did go into a ramble when it came to reseti