Mass Effect: 'We have plans for Wii U,' say Bioware

Update: EA says GamerSyndrome's interview didn't come from a EA or Bioware employee

Mass Effect 3 might just be the beginning for the series on Nintendo's new console after a Bioware representative conformed that the studio has plans for Wii U.

Mass Effect 3: Wii U Edition - despite being one of the best Wii U games - hasn't sold in great numbers on the console but that doesn't mean it's the end for the series.

Asked if there are plans to released the first two games in the series on Wii U, a Bioware rep told GamerSyndrome: "I can't really comment on rumored speculation about the game or the franchise. Wii U is a console we feel is really cool and that more Mass Effect would look great on it, so we do have plans for Wii U but nothing to announce at this moment."

Will those plans include Mass Effect 4 which is scheduled for release between later 2014 and mid 2015?

According to the rep, we'll find out more about the fourth Mass Effect game in 2013. "Fans can expect a similar style of choices and action that they've come to know in Mass Effect. Casey Hudson (executive producer for the series) is very much involved in the new Mass Effect game, as well as many from Edmonton. BioWare Montreal is a great studio and they did fantastic with the multiplayer for Mass Effect 3, so fans should know the series is in good hands."

Update: EA has said that GamerSyndrome's information did not come from EA or BioWare while GamerSyndrome have commented that the information came from an "unreliable source" and that the site was investigating the matter.

Comments

1. danbish Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 10:24

The Mass Effect Trilogy needs to be released on WiiU. Yes ME3 is a fantastic game in all respects but seriously, who's going to buy ME3 on its own when there's the trilogy available on the other formats? And those who can't afford or don't have the other formats are being seriously robbed.

C'mon BioWare, release the trilogy for WiiU! I have all three games for the 360 but I'd buy them again if you'd release them, they're that good! :D

Also, very much looking forward to more Mass Effect!

2. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 12:58

I'd like to get Mass Effect 3 for Wii U,but I'm putting it of because I want the trilogy to be release for Wii U.
    I'd rather pay 50 for 3 games,than 50 for 1 game.

3. olrodlegacy Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 13:11

I'm likely to be getting Mass Effect 3 WiiU with my Christmas money. Never played Mass Effect before, but I agree the trilogy needs to come to WiiU.

4. toffeeman30 Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 13:31

and have to wait for release in late 2014 or mid 2015

5. TheRexFactor Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 16:28

Mass Effect is plain not the same without the entire trilogy. That this needs to be a thing rather than a forgone conclusion boggles the mind

6. ThePokekid78 Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 17:19

THIS.

This is why I was telling you all not to get ME3, and instead just wait to see if they reveal any plans for future ME games!!!

ThePokekid78 always knows

7. thenintendoer Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 18:32

probably the main reason why it didnt sell well was becuase starting at the end of the trilogy was a stupid idea they should realase the trilogy so hopefully more wii u owners will get into the series

8. C00LI098 Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 19:27

Yeah, I ruled out buying the game when choosing from the launch titles because it's the third in the series.

9. RealToonLink Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 22:23

I haven't played any of the Mass Effect's but I'm glad I waited for the Mass Effect trilogy because now I can play them in one go. Honestly it doesn't make sense to release only the third game on the Wii U. I think it just shows EA isn't willing to fully invest in the new hardware until they know they can make a profit from it.