Xenoblade Chronicles studio to wow players with challenging and addictive Wii U game

Monolith Software want to be the new Bethesda

The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles, one of the best Wii games, have spoken of their desire to create a Wii U game that will wow players.

Speaking in a series of interviews on the Moniloth website, the team behind the classic Japanese RPG haven't revealed any details about its new project but told fans that it would be a challenging, flashy and addictive game. The developers added that it will get people together so should we expect a focus on multiplayer?

Who knows but Monolith are clearly focused on using the HD power of Wii U and believe that working with Nintendo will give them an advantage it will give them a better understanding of the console's capabilities.

Monolith's Michihiko Inaba also expressed his desire to be the Japanese equivalent of Elder Scrolls developer Bethesda: "I'd like to make an HD game that will wow the players. I want to show that Japan can still keep up with the USA when it comes next gen technology. Our goal is to become something like the developers of the Fallout series, Bethesda Softworks."

Are you looking forward to the new Wii U game from the creators of Xenoblade Chronicles?

[ Source: Siliconera ]

Comments

1. Fidu Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 10:19

I hope they don't want to be completely like Bethesda, or we'll have to suffer through tons and tons of bugs.

2. shy guy 64 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 10:29

i look forward to seeing what they come up with

3. SmashBro2712 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 10:55

@Fidu, very true, I think they could learn a lot from Bethesda but I hope they don't become them completley. Like you said Bethesda's games are full of bugs that often makes them unplayable and I find games like Skyrim almost completley devoid of character, it's a great game but quests and characters were just monotonous after a short while, this is why I prefer Zelda to TES, though TES does a number of things better, tLoZ always seems more involving and has more character development. to me quality means more than quantity. Anyway, back on topic, I'd love to see what Monolith is working on, sadly I haven't yet played Xenoblade chronicles but I hear nothing but praise for it. I can't wait to see what it'll be like! also, I just checked their website, now I don't know much Japanese but, I saw words like "WII U soft" and 3DS project so all you Monolith fans out there, looks like there's a lot to look forward to.

4. master sword Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 11:10

whatever they come up with i'm sure it'll be great
    with how Xenoblade ended i personally don't think it needs a sequel
    One thing i would like to see though is a HD remake of Xenosaga, it never made it over here to Europe and I would love to play it as it is often credited as being just as good as xenoblade

5. jaco_p Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 13:38

They're a long way off from Bethesda but Xenoblade is a classic so i can't wait to see what they come up with next!

6. Waldy565 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 14:03

This is great news! my review: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95729 shows how much I liked it, also, they're working on a 3DS title too? Still, will check all news on this! :D

7. Waldy565 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 14:05

whatever they come up with i'm sure it'll be great
    with how Xenoblade ended i personally don't think it needs a sequel

Well, the post article says they are going to try and "wow" us, this ^ could work! Very well work!

8. Xenobladeperson Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 17:03

It doesn't sound like a Xenoblade prequel / sequel, but I'll definitely take a look at i when more info is announced.

9. ThePokekid78 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 17:37

Sounds great!

Sidenote: I haven't yet played Xenoblade, is it worth it? I'm a fan of RPG's but my concern is that the battle screens look awfully cluttered (with icons and numbers everywhere!)

10. Baker1000 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 20:55

They could release a HD remake of Xenoblade with full GamePad functionally and Miiverse support and I'd buy it tomorrow and spend another 100+ hours on it. A brand new game is definitely something I'm interested in.

11. shy guy 64 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 21:01

Sounds great!

it's no harder to get the hang of than any other RPG battle system

12. GuitarHero Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 21:59

Yes, but if you have a world so big of course there are going to be bugs. It's quite a miracle there are so few, for a game as large as TES games.

13. King-X Tuesday 18th Dec 2012 at 04:35

I imagine it might not be a new Xenoblade game now that Melia's VA has attained the dizzying heights of being Dr Who's new assistant. But wowing is a good objective so er... go ahead and "wow" me!