New Fire Emblem Awakening trailer stars Marth and the undead

Learn more about the characters and the story

Nintendo's new Fire Emblem Awakening trailer gives you an introduction to the characters who will star in the forthcoming 3DS strategy RPG.

We meet main star Chrom who has to defend the land from bands with his younger sister Lissa and his lieutenant Frederick. We're also introduced the the overconfident Vaike, the awkward but caring Sumia, and Sully who is described in this video as the woman to end all men. Crikey.

These characters can form stronger relationships on the battlefield when they are placed next to each other. You can also make your team stronger by forging weapons.

They'll need they're weapons as they encounter undead soldiers. We're also told that they run into a warrior who claims to be the legendary Marth.

It's looking great. Is Fire Emblem Awakening on your shopping list for 2012?

Comments

1. Sabrewulf Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 13:34

When is this hitting Europe? If it is the same date that is 5 days before my birthday - perfect timing!!! (I'm gonna be 30)

2. lrwr14 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 13:38

Looks good. One thing I found about the battles is that it can be hard sometimes, so with this new pairing system it will make things a bit easy for newcomers.

3. MartinIsAwesome Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 13:51

I like how you can pair unit's together. The bonding aspect was interesting in Sacred Stones, but it seemed to take forever for any progress to be made. I hope they make it easier to form relations ships between your characters. The CG cinematics look great too!

It'll be out in April, so I wouldn't go expecting it to be a last minute birthday present.

4. Sabrewulf Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 14:37

Bugger...

5. Rufan Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 20:03

I got some of the other Fire Emblem games but I don't know if I will get this one, I didn't like the last one.

6. fisher2007 Monday 17th Dec 2012 at 22:21

I will not getting this and i didn't like shadow dragon.