New Luigi's Mansion 2 details, new types of ghost revealed

How to capture the new ghosts

You'll need a variety of strategies to capture different ghosts in Luigi's Mansion 2. That's the word from IGN whose latest report on the game claims that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is more appealing than the GameCube original.

As you patrol the three mansions, you'll encounter ghosts that disappear quickly, meaning you'll have to rapidly switch from your strobe light to your Poltergust 5000 ghost-catching hoover.

We also learn that other ghosts can attack you from long range and will punish you if you attempt to drain their energy with your Poltergust for too long. We also have word on ghosts who sport sunglasses which prevents you from stunning them with your torch so you'll need to rid them of their shades before you suck them up.

Talking of the Poltergust, it can be upgraded with new attachments. There is a Dark-Light device, which enables Luigi to find hidden objects and enemies. Collecting coins and gems (which contribute to your mission score) can also mean more upgrades for Professor E Gadd's creation.

Talking of the Professor, he will set you missions to complete in each mansion and you'll have a checklist as well as a map.

The Luigi's Mansion 2 UK release date is set for March 2013.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 10:29

march can't come to soon

2. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 11:23

Looks like the development team have been doing a lot more than just making it longer than the original. One of my favourite asspects of the first Luigi's Mansion was figuring out how to get the Portrait Ghosts to reveal their hearts, so it's good to hear that there's more of that. I assume the sunglasses will require more than just sucking them up with the vacuum.
    And it's great to hear of teh inclusion of extra missions and upgrades. I don't think we have to worry about whether Luigi's Mansion 2 will be worth the wait.

3. Rufan Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 12:07

My Brother likes Luigi's mansion more than me, but it dose look good I'll definitly give it a go if he gets it, I love the Boos and I hate hoovering the poor things up. :roll:

4. Rufan Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 12:13

My Brother likes Luigi's mansion more than me, but it dose look good I'll definitly give it a go if he gets it, I love the Boos and other ghosts I hate hoovering the poor things up. :roll:

looks like tons of fun though, I'm playing Nintendo land with my bro till then, I love being the ghost.

5. 5OUNDWAVE Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 12:29

i actually prefer luigi over mario , can't wait for this never played the first 1 , here's hoping they release gamecube game's for the wii u e-shop , there's so much i missed out on

6. ledreppe Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 14:59

Yeah, I've never played the original either, I'm taking a bit of a risk with Dark Moon so I hope it's ok for me. I'd like to see GameCube games on wii U too, mainly because I want an excuse to finally play Super Mario Sunshine, and possibly Luigi's Mansion 1 but I doubt that'll happen before Dark Moon is released.

7. Twinkle Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 16:03

Not so long till Luigi's Mansion 2!!! Can't wait to play!

8. fisher2007 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 18:12

can't wait for this never played the first 1. 8)

9. Waldy565 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 20:22

I was quite excited for this game, but i think LEGO City has caught my attention more... I thought I was in a pit, but it seems I've just dug myself out! ;)

10. Waldy565 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 20:24

I've got Sunshine, playing it xmas day, if I don't like it, would you like it? I'll sell it to ya REAL cheap, PM me or reply back on this :) BTW, long time no speak mate!