Monster Hunter 4 release date delayed

3DS exclusive now coming out in the summer

The Monster Hunter 4 release date has been delayed until summer 2013. The 3DS sequel to Monster Hunter Tri was originally scheduled for release in Japan in March 2013 but has been pushed back.

The reason? Capcom want to improve the quality of Monster Hunter 4 and make sure it lives up to everyone's expectations.

Given that the UK release date for Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition is scheduled for March, it is highly unlikely that Monster Hunter 4 would have come to the UK around the same time.

Are you looking forward to Monster Hunter 4?

Comments

1. mattzere Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 10:41

havent played a MH game since the original on PS2 and I am thinking of getting back into it. Frankly I am glad of this delay because I found the idea of three MH games coming out around the same time pretty overwhelming. Now I just need to choose between the Wii U and 3DS versions of Tri. It's a bit of a rip off that they dont come bundled, though, as they are the exact same game. Look at what sony are doing, where you buy the PS3 version of a game and get the Vita version ABSOLUTELY FREE. :?

2. K-tet Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 12:02

They're not quite the exact same game. The 3DS version lacks netplay, which is the primary reason to invest in the Wii U version. The 3DS version does interact with the Wii U version and you can connect for both local multiplayer as well as transferring your save data from Wii U to 3DS and vice-versa, which is perfect for playing on the go. While I do agree that a bundle would be perfect, there's every chance retailers could be doing a promotional bundle. I for one would rather see a digital promotion ala Sony (despite its main advertised game flopping badly, and the Vita itself still isn't selling anywhere close enough to make it a profitable, sustainable platform, which may lead Sony to release cross-promotion ports and take more of a hit by doing so).

As for this delay, it's a good move. There will still be people buying MH3U even nowadays so to give them a bit of breathing space won't harm the game at all. Monster Hunter is big business in its core market. By the time MH4 hits outside of Japan, it'd probably be Q4 of 2013 at the earliest. We'll wait and see.

3. lrwr14 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 15:58

Not really that bothered about MH4 seeing as we probably will not see it till 2014. As long as MH3U doesn't get delayed then I'm fine.

4. torterratrainer Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 16:13

so we can have a simultaneous European and Japanese release of course! makes sense.

not even that bothered as it looks more hard core and less enjoyable than tri ultimate

5. Xenobladeperson Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 19:01

Damn, just realised this was announced over a year ago, time flies.

Disappointed about the delay, but it won't arrive in Europe till 2014 anyway, so it won't affect us much. I have high expectations for this, I want Capcom to polish it up as much as possible; extra monsters, areas or improved textures are more than welcome.

6. Bowser16 Thursday 3rd Jan 2013 at 16:54

I'm a big MH fan and will be buying MH4 for the 3DS either way, but the graphics look terrible.

I really hope Capcom can improve on them before they release it in the UK.