Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition video shows Wii U and 3DS multiplayer

See how two players can join forces on different consoles

You can see ONM's Joe Skrebels and Matthew Castle battling big beasts in this awesome Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate video. 'What's so special about that,' we hear you ask? Well Matthew is playing on the Wii U while Joe (Mattrayu on the video) is fighting on the 3DS.

Yes, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate is coming out on 3DS and Wii U and players can use both consoles to team up against the monsters. You can find how Team ONM performed against the beasts by watching the video. Warning: Contains moderate dancing.

Does this video make you want to buy Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate?

Comments

1. lrwr14 Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 15:37

Looks amazing. Will probably get both versions, if I have a wiiU by the time it comes out.

2. Komodo_Wolfgang Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 15:51

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Then again I dont think Ill have a WiiU till 2014, since my sister kindly stamped on my 3DS.

No Animal Crossing 3DS No Monster Hunter 3DS and No WiiU T-T

3. Cidiyance Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 16:06

Cross gaming between handheld and console is something I've wanted since the Gamecube days. I'm not a Monster Hunter fan.

4. torterratrainer Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 16:38

aww why cant we get the view of the person in the game who knew what he was doing :(

every capcom video and now ONM, and they had training when tri on the wii came out.

oh well still looks good, getting both on 3DS and WIIU will be great :)

5. Haru Waji Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 18:24

This is similar to what you can do on the ps3 with Portable 3rd HD. Glad this feature is added with 3U as well since most of my friends play mainly MH on their handhelds.

6. lminett Friday 21st Dec 2012 at 22:40

Is this a straight port of the wii version or did they re do the engine?

7. Lulz Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 09:01

I didn't read the article before viewing the video. I honestly could not have said who was playing on which console.
    I know I'm definitely getting both, because I'm a glutton for Monster Hunting punishment :lol:

8. Lulz Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 09:19

Is this a straight port of the wii version or did they re do the engine?

It's a port of the Monster Hunter portable 3rd HD - the PSP version MHportable 3rd, which was then ported the PS3 (which added HD)

9. jaco_p Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 10:00

I'll be getting at least one of these, probably on WiiU. PLease, does anyone know if you can have local multiplayer on the wiiU??ie. with two accounts? either split screen, or one tv and one on gamepad. This is something that was sorely lacking in the Wii version, but with the extra grunt of the WiiU it should be in

10. lrwr14 Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 10:48

Is this a straight port of the wii version or did they re do the engine?

Not really, it's more of a mix of portable 3rd and tri then a port. If you was to say it's a port then I would say its a port of Tri since it's set in the same area and has the same storyline? but with added monsters from portable 3rd.

11. vtheyoshi Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 11:07

You guys are even more nooby than me, why the hell were you just standing still at various points, you have to keep moving and seize every oppourtunity that you can to cause some damage. I also loved it when the Queropeco called in a Rathian on your sorry butts. It was even funnier when you tried to kill it.

12. ThePokekid78 Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 16:18

Good lord Matthew, you're bad at this game...