Save money on Sonic games in the Christmas sales

The Christmas sales have started early this year

It's not even Christmas Day but the sales have already started on the Game website where you can save money on games such as Sonic Colours, Epic Mickey 2, Darksiders 2 and Mario And Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games.

Wii games Just Dance 4, Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of 2 and Mario And Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games are going for £19 while Sonic Colours is £14. LEGO Batman 2 is £22 while you can pick up Darksiders 2 on Wii U for £30.

Sonic Colours is also available on DS for £14 but the excellent Sonic Generations on 3DS is £17. Other good 3DS deals are Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (£18) and the brilliant Virtue's Last Reward - one of the best 3DS games - which is also available for £17.

You can buy any of these games online now and the deals will start on 26 December in store.

Please let us know if you see any good videogame deals in the sales. Let us know by commenting below or tweeting us @onm_uk. We'll endeavour to keep you updated over the Christmas period.

Comments

1. CyberGW Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 11:01

Since I never had a Wii and am getting a Wii U for Christmas, I'm gonna stock up on loads of great Wii games after Christmas.
    I'm hoping my local CEX store will have a sale, they've got all Smash Bros, Sonic Colours, Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword.
    I've been checking these prices and they're quite good. Funny thing was though Sonic Colours on Wii was 12 before it went into the sale!

2. MikalM Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 11:47

I did the same thing. Picked up Smash Bros Brawl on the GAME website pre-owned for 7.99, but it came to 4.50 when I used points I had still saved on my reward card. Definitely a great Wii game to own for that price!

As for CEX; I wouldn't count on it happening. I worked there for 5 years, leaving in October in this year to focus on my final year of Uni more. They use a centralized system and never, ever run sales. In fact, they try and up the prices of games as much as possible during this period.

Skyward Sword does seem to be cheapest in Cex though (at least for the moment). It's also a good place to pick up a Wii Classic Controller if you ever plan on getting any Wii Virtual Console titles (I used a lot of my Club Nintendo Stars to get Wii Points and put them all towards buying Majora's Mask). Places like Tesco, Argos and Game sell the white, original classic controller for 15, and the Pro version for 25. Cex sell the white one for 8 and the Pro for 10. Official ones, too.

3. Waldy565 Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 12:19

VLR, LEGO Batamn 2 and Sonic and Theatrythm were the highlights for me. In other news: Thanks Tom, for being there again this year and keeping the site open until the very last second (well, last day, but yeah), have a good Christmas, as I also wish Chandra, Matt, Gav and Joe a Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas all the forumites!

4. 5OUNDWAVE Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 12:36

30 quid for darksiders 2 well worth it ! , just a shame i bought mine off hmv online for 35 quid on thursday , hopefully postman bring's it today , i'd actually pre-ordered it with hmv in-store to get with wii u at launch but 18 day's later they still did'nt have it , so was going to get in game but 50 quid is a bit steep , so 30 quid is well worth it !

5. 5OUNDWAVE Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 13:16

darksiders 2 just arrived - happy day's , on another note is anyone having problem's with zombiu freezing , i started my save game (buckingham palace) and he got out of bed then it froze so i had 2 pull the wire out of the back , then i tried to play it again and this time it froze on the screen that say's how long will you survive ?

6. MartinIsAwesome Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 13:23

Indeed, Sonic Colours is an excellent game and a fine example of 3D Sonic at it's best.
    Same goes for Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. An excellent game that's full of content and brilliantly addictive, even if you don't much prior experience with Final Fantasy. At that price it's a must.

7. Commandervideo Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 13:27

HaHaHa! My brother just bought VLR a couple of days ago from GAME for 30. He'll be gutted now. HA!

8. monsteroushunter Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 14:22

Best deal I've seen so far is Wii u batman for 25 on shop to

9. Waldy565 Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 15:19

Factor in p&p and it's the same price but don't and it is cheaper: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new

10. L_A Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 18:19

Thought those were additional eShop sales... :|

11. Darkblizz Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 22:13

I'll be getting Generations then.

If Power of Illusion is in the deal somewhere, I might get that too.

12. MikalM Tuesday 25th Dec 2012 at 06:47

Shopto probably has the cheapest WiiU games I've seen so far. ME3 is 27.95, Batman 25, Tekken TT2 25 etc. Well worth checking out!

13. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 27th Dec 2012 at 13:29

Looking out for Darksiders,Assassin's Creed,Just Dance,and Tekken on the cheap for the Wii U.