How Animal Crossing: New Leaf celebrated New Year

Happy New Year from Nintendo!

How did you see in the New Year? Did you watch the fireworks on telly while failing to remember the words to Auld Lang Syne? Well, the 2 million people who have bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf in Japan got their own firework display in the new 3DS game.

Yes, as with the old games in the series, special events in the calendar will be marked in Animal Crossing: New Leaf and New Year was celebrated in style. Players could wear New Year hats as they gazed at the fireworks. Here are some pictures from Tiny Cartridge.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is one of our best 3DS games for 2013.

Comments

1. mirage 5x5 Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013 at 13:53

Cool :D hurry up and get released over here please

2. CyberGW Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013 at 14:22

That looks really cool and fun! I'll try and remember to do that on 31st December this year! :lol:

3. ledreppe Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013 at 23:56

2 million sold in Japan alone, this game's gonna be big when it comes out in the west. I've got mine preordered.

4. Darkblizz Thursday 3rd Jan 2013 at 16:14

Don't care how, I want it now.

5. redeye Thursday 3rd Jan 2013 at 16:20

Me want, me want it now, please!! :twisted:

6. TwoDaysAgo Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 10:07

I better enjoy my social life now, because when I get Animal Crossing: New Leaf it won't exist! :)

Hurry up Nintendo!!!

7. Komodo_Wolfgang Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 17:52

I got my 3DS on release for the soul purpose of getting this game. Ive regretted it because its taken so long to arrive.

Still cant wait for it though >.<

8. STUMPWEASEL Monday 7th Jan 2013 at 23:15

Still cant wait for it though >.<

Us too, we're a 3 x 3DS household and love AC:WW but purchased the new console just for AC:NL, just didn't think we'd be waiting this long. That's not to say we haven't put the consoles to good use on Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, Prof Layton etc.

But the more we see about the Japanese version, the more impatient we become to get our hands on the European version. :roll: