Nintendo: There are lots of fantastic Wii U games to come in 2013

"E3 will be another great show"

Nintendo has promised that there will be lots of fantastic Wii U games to play in 2013 as the company look to follow up a "strong Q1" with another great show at E3.

With 24 games released alongside the Wii U on 30 November, Wii U had a strong launch line-up but it is now important for Nintendo to keep up the momentum. Speaking with Official Nintendo Magazine, Nintendo UK's James Honeywell told us that this wouldn't be an issue.

"As well as a strong launch line up, we've also got a really strong Q1. We've got a lot of fantastic titles - Monster Hunter, Ninja Gaiden, Sing Party, fantastic titles for everyone. And beyond - I'm sure E3 will be another great show and there will be lots of fantastic titles to come."

With Rayman Legends and Lego City Undercover set for release in Q1 and Pikmin 3 also on the way in Q2, there are plenty of good games to look forward to. Beyond that, you've got the 3D Mario and Zelda release dates to be announced, plus Retro and Miyamoto's new games which will, according to Reggie Fils-Aime, "in all likelihood" be revealed during E3. This has the potential to be a cracking year for Wii U.

Here are our best Wii U games for 2013.

Comments

1. tohaker Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 10:50

This is what I like about Nintendo. They admit to making a mistake with the 3DS launch line up and then dazzle us all with an amazing Wii U line up. And it was needed too; home consoles are what make a games company!

2. shy guy 64 Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 10:58

i look forward to seeing what

3. King Slazo Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 11:09

dazzle us all with an amazing Wii U line up

I thought the Wii-U launch lineup was weaker than the 3DS's, to be honest.

When you're naming Sing Party as a "fantastic title for everyone" I do have to wonder what he was on. Still, based on how E3 goes and whether the system drops in price I'll probably pick one up this year with Rayman, the only exclusive worth caring about currently (except maybe Bayonetta 2, whenever that comes out).

4. samus_killer Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 11:24

dazzle us all with an amazing Wii U line up

I thought the Wii-U launch lineup was weaker than the 3DS's, to be honest.

Really, Slazo?
    The 3DS had only one title that was worth it's full asking price, and even then that was a port of game already on consoles.

Sure, the Wii U had a bunch of ports, but at least it had a pretty decent amount of third-party support; Assassin's Creed III, Black Ops II, Darksiders II and Mass Effect 3 to name a few. And then it had some pretty cool exclusives like Nintendo Land, NSMBU and ZombiU. The 3DS had what, Nintendogs & Cats and Pilotwings Resort?

I mean, I know personal preferences and all that, but I fail to see how the Wii U had in any way a weaker launch line-up.

5. Slinkington Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 11:30

3DS was the weakest launch of a system I've witnessed. Wii U wasn't bad to be fair, however all of the decent games were just ports of old games. (Batman, Mass Effect etc)

Nintendo Land felt about as entertaining as Wii Play Motion to me, maybe slightly better. Is just kinda feels like a small technical demo, not so much of a fantastic gaming experience.

I was pleasantly surprised with New Super Mario Bros Wii U, however I'd just finished playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 so it just didn't really feel like a "new" game... Shame they've overused that brand.

We shouldn't expect any news of a 3D Morio or Zelda for Wii U this year. It takes time to make games.

6. adamatsu Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 11:54

the wii u launch started out looking like it was going to be a lot better than the 3DS, but ended up being VERY weak, especially in the UK which didn't even get Scribblenauts Unlimited. Nintendo better have something BIG up their sleeves for this year that they haven't told us yet.

7. tomonm Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 12:03

I don't think he's describing Sing Party as a fantastic game for everyone. When you put it together with the other games they have coming up, there are games for every type of gamer. We've got a review of Sing Party coming up - it might not be for you but some people will like it.

As for not expecting any news on a 3D Zelda game, it was revealed in the summer of 2011. I know it takes time to make games, but that's already two years!

8. ledreppe Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 12:42

The only announced games I want are Rayman Legends and LEGO City Undercover. I wait with baited breath to hear if any soon to be announced games pique my interest levels.

9. ThePokekid78 Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 13:55

'E3 will be another great show'

Implying that Nintendo's E3 2012 conference was also a 'great show'? Because, I'm sorry Ninty, but it really wasn't...

10. lobo12 Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 17:25

am i the only one willing for a Link's Crossbow Training 2?

11. Tazer_Silverscar Friday 4th Jan 2013 at 17:37

Nintendo need to cop on and release something big. Bigger than Miiverse (which is currently not even a 'universe', as it's only accessable on WiiU). They can't ignore the threats of the other two competitors - Microsoft have games still pouring out their ears, and Sony are obviously confident they'll survive that recent gaffe about the patent because they haven't said anything regarding it.

Also to point out, it makes no sense to release a game in Japan and the US, but have loyal fans in the PAL regions wait even longer, especially when there's no viable reason for delay.

am i the only one willing for a Link's Crossbow Training 2?

Perhaps. Really, a crossbow doesn't fit a Zelda game in the first place. Everyone in the series uses traditional shortbows or longbows.

12. MummifiedCoconut Saturday 5th Jan 2013 at 02:38

am i the only one willing for a Link's Crossbow Training 2?

Why? Crossbows were invented before the era of human history that Twilight Princess draws from. It makes more sense than handy pocket bombs. Unless you have another explaination as to why it doesn't fit?

13. mattr Saturday 5th Jan 2013 at 08:01

Clicked article expecting to hear about games and found none. So glad I didn't buy a Wii U.

14. bowsersblog Saturday 5th Jan 2013 at 11:22

I'm hoping Nintendo has a big showing at E3 this year. I have confidence that this will be a good year for the Big N.

15. RedBearLuX Sunday 6th Jan 2013 at 14:12

For once I've held off buying a system at it's launch, as I always seem to regret it and so far I think I did the right thing, it's not that the Wii U has 'no games' but a lot of them are available cheaper on other systems (that I have) and so far nothing is striking me as a must buy in Q1 except Pikmin 3 and possibly Rayman. Plus Granger games are now selling the Wii U Premium at Ł250!! :O So I think come summer I'm going to be getting a pretty great deal on a pretty great console :D

16. 3DSRulesO.K Sunday 6th Jan 2013 at 20:00

You really made me angry with that comment, the title of the article wasn't 'Nintendo announce 2013 Wii U games'. It was 'Nintendo: There are lots of fantastic Wii U games to come in 2013' it was clearly an article about Nintendo bigging themselves up and creating hype for E3 2013. Games don't get announced DURING RANDOM INTERVIEWS not in gaming, or any other form of media. Wii U has some great launch games, like Nintendo Land, NSMBU and Zombi U. If only you knew how good these games are, you will be kicking yourself for not buying a Wii U. :roll: