New Monster Hunter: Ultimate Edition screenshots showcase weapons

See the sword and the shield

Capcom have been showcasing many of the new monsters in Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition and now they've turned their attention to the weapons. This new gallery of screenshots show off the Sword and Shield.

This is actually a weapon set that you'll get once you've created your hunter and although this short sword isn't the mightiest weapon, it's good when you want to run or swim at speed. It is also the only weapon type that allows you to use items with it drawn

This means you can use it with a combination of traps, bombs, boost items and for successive rapid strikes.

The shield is used for blocking but you can also use it to cause impact hits, hitting monsters on the head to make them dizzy. You can also use these shield strikes in the middle of your 4-hit combo.

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition is coming to Wii U and 3DS in March.

Comments

1. DavidRoberts753 Monday 7th Jan 2013 at 16:07

The weapon and armour in the bottom screenshot look amazing!

2. TheNUKEnukeM Monday 7th Jan 2013 at 18:13

Never played a monster hunter game so I might give this a try. :)

3. Mr Roboto Monday 7th Jan 2013 at 19:17

Definitely going to get this as I missed out on the Wii version.

This game is going to take over my life!

4. Lulz Tuesday 8th Jan 2013 at 11:52

Perhaps I just never knew (and I've been playing Monster Hunter for years), but using items with SnS drawn?!
    Or is this just a MH3U addition?

5. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 8th Jan 2013 at 14:15

Looking good.

6. linkfinity Tuesday 8th Jan 2013 at 16:32

Or is this just a MH3U addition?

It was in the wii version of tri as well (possibly in other previous versions as well, but I couldn't say for sure) but I never worked out how to do it. I never really used the SnS though which probably explains why I never worked out how.

7. Elwyn games Sunday 3rd Mar 2013 at 13:35

The S+S is a good weapon for all around battle, but I use the bow, as I don't get as hurt.