Pokemon X and Y: Everything you need to know

From the release date to the new Pokemon and the region

Pokemon X and Y are the first adventures in the sixth generation of Pokemon games. Aside from Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, It is the first time that the Pokemon games haven't been names after colours. Now we're going to tell you everything you need to know about the new adventures from the release date to the new Pokemon and the region. Don't expect any rumours about Fairy Types here. These are just the facts. Plus a bit of insight...

Trailers

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page

Comments

1. Carloz Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 10:52

So what you think of this ? http://imgur.com/a/an3XQ

2. vix_chan Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 10:57

I was a real big pokemon fan in the day, but the last game I bought was black, and I didn't get around to completing it (so didnt bother buying B/W2)

But it looks great that pokemon has finaly evolved into a full 3D world. I can see myself buying this and playing it for a very long time.

3. MarioMagic Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 13:25

Not exactly Everthing I need to know. Do I not need to know the story? Do I not need to know the other 100+ new Pokemon? Cummon guyyyyyyssss.

4. phil2512 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 15:25

The legendary pokémon in the trailer arecalled Xerneas(pronounced ZURR-nee-us) and Yveltal (pronounced ee-VELL-tall )

5. DynamicPunch202 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:27

I thought you'd got the actual release date! But at least we know it's coming sometime in October. And I'll still have pokemon mystery dungeon to keep me occupied (when that eventually comes here)

6. Jarmez Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:31

So, if all pokémon in that video are part of the new region pokédex (and not being used as demonstration purposes), then so far we have: we have:

#001 Chespin, #002 ???, #003 ???, #004 Fennekin, #005 ???, #006 ???, #007 Froakie, #008 ???, #009 ???, #??? Pichu, #??? Pikachu, #??? Raichu, #??? Magikarp, #??? Gyarados, #??? Golett, #??? Golerk, #??? Ralts, #??? Kirlia, #??? Gardevoir, #??? Gallade, #??? Munchlax, #??? Snorlax, #??? Pansear, #??? Simisear (from this we can assume #??? Pansage, #??? Simisage, #??? Panpour, and #??? Simipour), #??? Patrat, #??? Watchdog, #??? Litwick, #??? Lampent, #??? Chandelure, #??? Psyduck, #??? Golduck, #??? Audino, #??? Sneasel, #??? Weavile, #??? Mienfoo, #??? Mienshao, #??? Dratini, #??? Dragonair, #??? Dragonite, #??? Xerneas and #??? Yveltal.

That's at least 45 pokémon in the new region pokédex (so far).

7. Alaxtis Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 17:27

The sequel: Pokemon X/Y 2: Algebra Edition. Starring Professor Oak, you would do maths that has nothing to do with pokemon whatsoever! :mrgreen:

8. kirbysonic Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 18:03

Pokemon X and Y...I heard some people reckon the names are based on chromosomes. Weird if it's true...if so, it might just separate the buyers according to gender :? It was revealed pretty quickly...it's barely been 2 months since I got PB2! Looking forward to the changes, though :D

9. Xyztrainer7210 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 20:05

I think ill get Pokemon Y to get Yveltal looks pretty cool and ill get fennikin ( he's boss and I'm a fire starter type of guy :mrgreen: )

10. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 20:32

So GameFreak have given me only 1 year.

By October I have to have beaten the National Pokedex on BW2.

Challenge accepted.

11. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 00:07

Answer; No not really, why not wait till you get the game? Why ruin the suprise of finding the new Pokemon? Ok, I like knowing that too if Im honest, I like picking what I think looks coolest.

But the story? I never look up the story. Its one of the reasons I get the game, to play out the story. If I already know it, theres not much point me buying the game.

Just pointing out, we only just found out about the game yesterday (well, day before. its 10 past 12 now). Most games we find as much as we have now over the span of weeks/months. Rush everything for October and it will lose impact.

Roll on October!

P.S, as soon as I saw "X & Y" I thought "DNA". The 'new compatability' thing only makes that idea more plausable.

Shame its Paris over england though. Pfft.

12. Toquill Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 12:51

If that's true, I'm getting both versions! I'll also buy my sister 2 'X' versions... (Cricket chirping...)

13. Toquill Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 12:53

Shame its Paris over england though. Pfft.

Yeah, it'd be pretty fantastic getting a gym badge from my local community hall.

14. Olympion Tuesday 21st May 2013 at 15:24

I'm so glad the main Pokemon games are finally making the 3D leap, and X/Y look like they could become the best Pokemon games ever made!

15. ihuntermusic Tuesday 21st May 2013 at 17:39

The only Pokemon game I've bought was Pokemon Blue - I did love it but since then there have been loads and I didn't know when to jump back in - these games take commitment! :) X and Y seem to be looking pretty great and I am keen. The thing is - am I the only one who is thinking I'd rather wait and see if they do Pokemon Z to encompass X and Y?

16. Twinkle Tuesday 21st May 2013 at 19:57

Im very excited for Pokemon X and Y! This news makes me feel crazy! I want to hear more news about this game each time its mentioned!