Pokemon X and Y has a stronger battle system - Masuda

The tie between the player and the Pokemon is key

Game Freak Director Junichi Masuda has said that Pokemon X and Y will have a stronger battle system, thanks to the ties between the player and the Pokemon.

As we learned during the trailer showcased during Pokemon Direct, "you will get stronger the more you battle together." According to Masuda, this makes the Pokemon Battle mechanism even stronger.

That's not the only thing that has been improved for Pokemon X and Y. As Masuda told 4Gamer, the new battles show the new Pokemon moving more vividly than before.

What do you think of the new battles?

Comments

1. TheAPERSON Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 11:33

No idea how that's going to work. I presume there's a new mechanic in the battles which improves your Pokemon's stats the more you battle with it along with the likes of IVs and EVs although I thought that the Evs already did that to an extent...

2. lrwr14 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 12:55

Does that mean pokemon get a sort of 'friendship boost'??? I like that if so, looks like it will be similar to the anime if they do something like that.

3. carnivine chaos Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 13:18

I think he just means EXP points, levelling up, etc. Saying it in an ambiguous way makes people speculate and get intrigued/excited about the new game only to be disappointed, but who cares once you've given them the money.

Prove me wrong Masuda...

4. Commandervideo Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 14:15

Maybe it will work like other RPGs that use "affinity" (like Xenoblade/Pokemon Conquest etc)
    You can boost happiness in past Pokemon games but it didn't affect the battles themselves. Sounds interesting.

5. shy guy 64 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:09

sounds interesting

6. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 17:43

Sounds interesting but I'm not sure they really need to add anything to the battle system, it's pretty perfect as it is...that said, it will encourage people to build legit teams rather than Pokésav everything in!

...Actually nah, the Pokésaving will continue lol

7. Argenthor Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 19:20

Pokemon Conquest??

8. langleaf Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 00:04

OMIGAWD :DDDDD
    I was slightly tearing up at this, I've been playing these games since the very first one came out. Its incredible at how much progress there has been in these games <3
    It would be wonderful if they had the poketransfer system in this as well, I really want all my top pokemon in this :)
    *Has been transporting pokemon from the first game they added that to, eevee was my best and i evolved it into glaceon in the diamond game, I really would like to see how all of the older generation pokemon look in this new 3D form :D
    Though I do think this could become a favorite if it all plays out well, so to speak. Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald are still my top favorite games of the whole series. Can't wait till X and Y come out~
    So, to be out there:
    I'm def picking Fennekin, so don't get too jealous vulpix :wink:
    IM SUPER EXCITED OMIGAWD
    and i'll be back to my roots of always picking a fire type starter, excepting the black/white series, I hated the starters excepting Oshawott, even then I could only just tolerate it -_-
    I know no one cares but IM SO HAPPEH *dies of happiness*