Pokemon X and Y Legendary Pokemon named

Xerneas or Yveltal. Who you you prefer?

The Legendary Pokemon who appeared in the first Pokemon X and Y trailer have been named.

The Pokemon X Legendary is called Xerneas (pronounced Zurr-nee-us).

Xerneas
Xerneas
The Pokemon Y mascot is called Yveltal (pronounced ee-vell-tall).

Yveltal
Yveltal
These two Pokemon join the three Starter Pokemon - Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie - as the five new Pokemon who have been revealed so far. They will be joined by many old Pokemon including Psyduck, Pikachu, Dratini and more.

Which do you prefer? Xerneas or Yvetal?

Comments

1. CFCrusader Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 15:08

Uhh, I prefer Xerneas. Yveltas is a bit of a weird name, especially due to the fact that lots of kids will pronounce it "yuh-vel-tahs". Not to say that Xerneas isn't a weird name, but it's easier to pronounce and has a better look too (call me crazy). I see how they named the legendaries "Xerneas" and "Yveltas" when the games are called X and Y.

2. zelda-legend93 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 15:17

It's Yveltal, not Yveltas. And it's not going to be that difficult for them. Black and White were meant to be for older gamers and I think that's what they're trying to do here as well.

3. DynamicPunch202 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 15:23

I can see why they've named them like that, but I keep forgetting how to pronounce them, and then it all gets confusing. Though Xerneas is a bit easier to say, I think I'll struggle on through and go for Yveltal.

4. pokemaster Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 15:25

I like Xerneas. Reminds me of the spirit from Princess Mononoke.

5. K-tet Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 15:26

Nice start to some motivational pics there Tom. =P

I love the names. They roll off of the tongue effortlessly. To me, Xerneas sounds like something you don't want, whereas Yveltal sounds suspiciously close to a girl's name.

6. shy guy 64 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:04

cool defiantly getting the one with xerneas witch i assume is X

7. Ai64 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:06

Both the names seem tricky to remember but they are solid enough.
    I might be going for Yveltal.

8. TenTen Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:19

I prefer Yveltal, both sound like some sort of contagious disease.

9. j bean Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 16:22

I'll be going for Yveltal. When I first saw the still of him I was'nt impressed but after seeing him in the nintendo direct video I was sold. Although like alot of people I'm a bit of a completist so I'll probabley end up getting both games.

10. Mmmyeah Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 18:47

Their both very cool looking and I'll be interested to see what their like in the game, although the names aren't exactly easy to say.

One thing that confuses me is that they both seem to be shaped like Ys. When I scrolled down I saw Xerneas first and what with its neck and antlers, it looks like a letter Y to me, so I presumed the other would somehow look like an X. But then I saw Yveltas and that looks even more like a Y due to its wings and tail. Sure, it would have to be a pretty strange Pokemon to resemble the letter X, but there have been weirder Pokemon designs.

I can't decide which I prefer.

11. me4ndubz Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 20:03

Lol I don't think the ease of pronunciation is a deciding factor on which version to get. I'm just gonna wait for more information to be released as usual.

12. fisher2007 Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 21:41

I prefer Xerneas.

13. Nintendo4Ever Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 22:23

Definitely getting Pokemon X if Xerneas is the mascot (it just looks amazing) then go on the GTS and get Yveltal or just get both then there's no chance of me getting an AR/ Pokesav knockoff.

14. hanssolon Wednesday 9th Jan 2013 at 22:24

I actually like the look of both Legendaries, but I feel that many will have difficulties pronouncing their names. I do hope that the other new Pokemon has easy to pronounce names like the new starters.

15. MrGooseyMoose Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 09:56

Lol, nothing wrong with having hard to pronounce names. It's nice for variety to get something that makes you think before you say it. Big fan of both legendaries, probs my favs in a long time. I'd be happy with either, though I think I'm drawn to Mr Y :)

16. maartenpitt Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 10:35

Although Yveltal is the nicest, his name is quite disturbing. ee VELL tall is quite frightening. Xerneas is better sounding, one of the reasons I'll take X

17. neko paul Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 13:10

Yveltal, hands down. he/she/it just seems just badass to me. Xerneas looks like it was based on the forest spirit from princess mononoke...

18. KH81314 Thursday 10th Jan 2013 at 16:00

Not sure which one to pick yet. I think I'm probably going to choose Yveltal.

19. Trans_Goth_Girl Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 19:31

They're both badass I've just preordered my copy of both games from game.co.uk

Best looking legendaries EVER!!!!!! \m/

20. ibz Sunday 3rd Mar 2013 at 15:18

i prefer yveltal.is yveltal a dragon type?

21. Catrax Wednesday 6th Mar 2013 at 04:29

I think Xerneas is way cooler, and first of all, there hasn't been a single chital based legendary Pokemon yet (I think), and there's been so many dragon-like legendaries it's getting boring, and really annoying. Plus he/she/it is so majestic, I don't know how you could go for Yveltal especially since it's like a Lugia and Charizard mixed up into a weird looking... Thing.
    I'll definitely go for Pokemon X 8)

22. raptor9897 Saturday 8th Feb 2014 at 20:02

The pronunciation is ee-vell-tall but you would say it as eviltal, I would rather prefer yveltal