The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses concert coming to the UK

The Zelda orchestra returns to London in May - ticket details

The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses is coming to the UK in May. The concert will, like the Zelda 25th Anniversary show, be held at the Hammersmith Apollo with a date set for 23 May 2013.

You can buy tickets from the Hammersmith Apollo website from Monday 14 January at 10am. Prices start at £33.75.

As producer Jeron Moore told ONM back in 2011, the Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses tour features a full length four movement symphony, two of which were premiered at the Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniersary Concerts.

The Symphony Of The Goddesses tour kicked off in Dallas in January 2012 so we've had to wait a long time for it to stop off in the UK. Will it be better than the 25th Anniversary Concert which featured guest appearances from Eiji Aonuma, Koji Kondo and Zelda Williams?

Comments

1. AMthedude Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 09:28

Yes, yes, YES! The 25th Anniversary concert was absolutely incredible. I can't wait for this one!

2. shy guy 64 Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 10:32

well here's hopeing it comes to edinburgh

3. RainbowGazelle Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 10:46

Other places exist in the UK as well as London...

well here's hoping it comes to Edinburgh

I second that!

4. ninjafox Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 11:15

Yes! This is fantastic news I had given up hope on it coming to the UK.
    I missed the 25th anniversary concert and hugely regretted it after so will certainly be attending this one! Cannot wait :D

5. MartinIsAwesome Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 12:26

I too missed the first one, so it's nice that it has finally come back around. Hopefully my brother can get the time off work, otherwise I might have to go on my own.

6. NintendoForLife Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 12:32

London again I see. Sigh

7. lrwr14 Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 12:54

That is awesome. Never went to the 25th anniversary one, and me and my mate wanted to. So looks like we may be going to this one.

8. KH81314 Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 13:10

So close, I going to be there just a little bit earlier.

9. TheRexFactor Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 15:19

Why May?! I really want to go but I may well have exams around then (all throughout May possibly). Dammit, I won't even know for another month or so

10. chojin Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 15:35

W00T, I'm up for that #pullsoutcreditcardready

11. Buggy Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 21:05

Does anyone know what time the concert will be? I have two exams that day but if it's in the evening I should be able to go.

12. CraigEmberson Friday 11th Jan 2013 at 21:11

It annoys the crap out of me that America gets several dates and we get ONE date... Ridiculous.

13. GRexCarolinii Saturday 12th Jan 2013 at 12:24

Can relate to well to the exams thing....
    I would die to go to this, but.... ugh... University Exams kinda important...
    why am I doing a degree again?

14. Baker1000 Saturday 12th Jan 2013 at 12:58

Yeah why only London? Just because we're a small island doesn't mean we all want to travel across the length of it to see a concert.

15. Bigtime Saturday 12th Jan 2013 at 15:07

The one day out of the whole year I can't go...

16. KOP Sunday 13th Jan 2013 at 13:46

Gah! The week before my half term break! No! :(

17. Stokesy Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 00:01

Brilliant! Definitely going to try and get tickets for this if I can. The 25th Anniversary Concert was a fantastic show!

And from what i've seen on the producer's website, they're looking to tour all over Europe this year so there may be more UK shows coming, just that the London date is the only one that's been announced so far.

Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc.’s founder, Jason Michael Paul, is an American-born concert producer, promoter, and entrepreneur. Paul produced.................... the “25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda”, and “Legend Of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses”, which is currently touring the U.S. and Canada and will add tour dates in Europe, Australia, and Asia in 2013.

18. kuroneko0509 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 07:23

Why not on weekends :cry: :cry:

19. CraigEmberson Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 22:48

You forget that in December 2011, they said they were doing that for 2012... They didn't. It seems that they can only use the American orchestra... It just bugs me that America has to get everything first, the best and are the priority. Europe is the biggest source of income for most things.

20. eroslanith Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 22:55

Haha, I agree about the whole American thing though I think that's because I'm still really bitter about the way Nintendo handles these concerts. It's all been extremely poor for their EU fans. I went to the 25th Anniversary show in 2011 and posters were £20 when they were $10 in the LA show. Talk about screwing your EU fans over. Same deal with the tshirts, £25 EU, $15-20 US. Don't even get me started on the ticket prices and the venue. Distant Worlds (the Final Fantasy version of these kind of concerts) charged an average of £40 for the vast majority of their tickets and played at the Royal Albert Hall. Zelda is an average of £62 (the 'cheap' £38 tickets are only in the last few rows yet again) and is at the Hammersmith Apollo. That isn't an orchestra venue - its better suited to rock/pop etc concerts and the like where you're dancing or raving. Why the Zelda concert has returned there I have no idea. ...And £110 for the front block with no VIP either. Then again the VIP was complete garbage as Kondo and Aonuma didn't even bother to meet their EU fans the first time (I heard they walked out halfway through the LA signings too back at the 25th Anniversary shows) so its no surprise that was dropped... And there is no reason to charge £110! Talk about squeezing people dry.

Gah, I really love the series to death but Nintendo you drive me nuts sometimes. I really hope they make it amazing but somehow I just don't see it being as good as Final Symphony the following week; another Final Fantasy symphony at a superior venue. Tickets were the same price but the composers (Uematsu and Hamauzu) are doing free signings during the day for all ticket holders. You just don't get that amount of dedication from the Nintendo team.

/rant ^.^;; Sorry, it's just so frustrating because I really want the Zelda concerts to be as good as the FF ones ;~;

Quick edit - Just realised the prices are £62 this year and not £66

21. Linkfan42 Sunday 20th Jan 2013 at 15:50

Already booked my ticket since I couldn't make it to the 25th anniversary concert. I can easily say that I'm VERY excited to be going.

22. kingconnor Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 08:33

Any one got any ideas how long it is for?

23. MartinIsAwesome Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 15:02

Any one got any ideas how long it is for?

Given that there are two additional movements, a bit longer than the original performance I'm guessing.

My brother finally got his days off so that we can attend!! I'm so freaking happy!

24. MissCalatia Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:25

Just for everybody complaining why is there only one UK show / why is it in London...

America is HUGE. Texas alone is three times the size of mainland Britain. So it's quite reasonable that they needed a lot more gigs there than they're going to do in the UK.

And sadly it is traditional that if you're only going to do one gig in a country, you do it in the capital. Same goes in France and Germany which are a good deal bigger than the UK. I appreciate somewhere like Birmingham or Manchester would be fairer geographically, but you can't have everything!

But if it makes people in the outposts feel any better, sometimes I end up travelling long distance to gigs because the London / South-East ones always sell out first. I live in Cambridge so have easy access to London gigs, but have still ended up travelling to Flight of the Conchords in Glasgow, Metallica in Sheffield, Smashing Pumpkins in Manchester... You win some, you lose some!

25. DJCandy8 Monday 13th May 2013 at 16:59

Other places exist in the UK as well as London...

There are, though London is UK's capital city. So London is usually where they would go knowing that.

26. kespino20 Monday 20th May 2013 at 20:04