Iwata: Miiverse and Animal Crossing would be awesome

Nintendo President says Miiverse on 3DS would be amazing

Satoru Iwata has talked about the possibility of bringing Miiverse to 3DS. Speaking with Nikkei, Nintendo's President said that the company's 'social network for gamers' would enable them to make a game like Animal Crossing: New Leaf even better.

Miiverse launched with Wii U last year and fans are enjoying sharing knowledge about the best Wii U games.

"If there was Miiverse on the 3DS it would probably be something amazing," said Iwata. "If Miiverse and Animal Crossing were integrated together, we'd have the chance to create something even more awesome [than what is going on now]."

In the same interview, Iwata commented on integrating Miiverse with smartphones. "I can't make any concrete statements about when it will be available yet, but it won't be far away."

[ Source: NeoGaf ]

Comments

1. danbish Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 09:58

Yes, yes it would! That'd be an excellent thing to happen. Bring it on! :D

2. ProtoKun Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 10:32

Then… considering Iwata is the president of Nintendo… shouldn't he hurry with the Miiverse implementation in 3DS?

Pretty sure you could update Animal Crossing later. A big update, but it's possible.

3. Rufan Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 11:07

I think that'd be a great idea, I'm looking forward too it

4. vix_chan Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 11:25

I use Miiverse on the Wii U, and yes, it is a good bit of kit to use , but if it is on the systems homepage like on Wii U, i cant help but think that this might make my 3DS look a little clutterd!
    I wouldnt mind so much if it was a program you can download and open like letterbox.

5. KH81314 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 13:58

I wouldn't mind seeing Miiverse on my phone. I wonder how good it would be and how many people would actually use it.

6. TheSlenderman Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:40

I don't have a wii u so I don't know what miiverse like to use, but I hear in the mag that it is awsome and can't wait for it to arrive on my 3ds!!! :D

7. CyberGW Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:47

I think that would be great! Lets hope they do it. Linking my 3DS and Wii U through Miiverse would be super.

8. Gorsewaygirl Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:54

Announcing a release date for Animal Crossing: New leaf would be a good start...

9. fisher2007 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 21:07

Animal Crossing: New leaf needs a release date for Europe would be a good start.

10. Kirby8 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 23:15

OMG! Please do! And the main thing, link the friend code with your Network ID. That way you can have one ID for both consoles and everything will interlink! Please make it happen! Please! And I can't wait for the smartphone app. Miiverse is such an amazing social network! You did well Nintendo, very VERY well!! But then of course, you are Nintendo! XD