Mutant Mudds Deluxe will feature 80 levels

HD version to have new parallel universe

Mutant Mudds Deluxe will feature a new parallel universe that boasts 20 new levels. That brings the total number up to 80 when you include the 16 original levels, the unlockable fifth world, the hidden G-Land and V-Land stages plus the free Granny DLC.

As revealed in the first edition of Nintendo Force magazine, the 20 new stages in this parallel universe are inspired by the ghost houses of Super Mario World, and will feature ghosts that can't be shot down with your water cannon. You either need to avoid them or use the limited ammo ghost shot power-ups to blast them.

Discussing the new levels, Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham said: "My brain is full of Nintendo thoughts, and I can't help but be inspired by the amazing games of Nintendo's past. On a subconscious level the Ghost Houses from Super Mario World must have crept into my mind and spoke to me. I do not have any other explanation for why there are now ghosts in the game! Well, apart from the fact that ghosts are cool and add a nice sense of mystery and mischief.

In other news, Watsham said that Renegade Kid will be bringing a first-person shooter to the 3DS eShop.

[ Source: Nintendo Life ]

Comments

1. MartinIsAwesome Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 11:20

This sounds great. The only thing putting me off about this Wii U version is the lack of 3D. I tried playing it in 2D on my 3DS and found the level layouts really confusing. It really needs the extra levels of depth.

2. vix_chan Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 11:41

I haven’t even bothered with the 3DS version, the demo didn’t really grab my attention. Plus there are just so many other games I have to complete before I download anything else.

3. Commandervideo Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 11:56

Another Ł8 for an extra 20 levels and no 3D. No thanks.
    The original Mutant Mudds is awesome though, I'm just gunna wait till the sequel.

4. KH81314 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 13:54

I wasn't such a big fan of Mutant Mudds. Maybe it will be better for the Wii U.

5. thecoolmana777 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 15:51

As much as I also loved the original, I also found it much to annoying and hard so I'll probably give the deluxe version a miss :)

6. TheSlenderman Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:35

Ooooo, a parallel universe... That's an original idea...

7. CyberGW Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:49

Since I don't have Mutant Mudds on 3DS, this could be a great purchase for me on the Wii U e-Shop. I reasonable price would sell it to me.