Pokemon X and Y: Legendary new artwork and screenshots

First official artwork for Yveltal and Xerneas

Here is the first artwork showcasing Pokemon X and Y Legendary Pokemon Xerneas and Yveltal.

We've seen the artwork for the Starter Pokemon before while Xerneas and Yveltal made an appearance in the Pokemon X and Y trailer but now The Pokemon Company has released new artwork for the Pokemon. They also showcased the Types for Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin in a special infographic. Water, Fire and Grass respectively. We'd gathered that!

Xerneas
Xerneas
Yveltal
Yveltal
See the rest of the gallery for new screenshots showing the Starter Pokemon in battle.

Comments

1. neko paul Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 15:32

sweet

2. Shmilly Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 15:34

*The Pokemon Company. I'm really excited for these legendaries, Yveltal in particular looks great.

3. TheSlenderman Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 15:45

Yveltal is defiantly the best. I want it now! :D

4. thecoolmana777 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:09

I think both Xerneus (am I spelling it right) and Yveltal look equally amazing but just because it can fly Yveltal is cooler :D

5. Pyron12 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:17

Xerneas and Yveltal both look great but Yveltal just wins my choice.

6. shy guy 64 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:50

cool

7. sharna1212 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:54

musharna is the best pokemon ever :P :P :P

8. CyberGW Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 16:56

Yvetal's artwork looks really awesome! Almost definitely sold me on Y version that has.

9. KH81314 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 17:05

Makes me want to have Yveltal even more. I want Version Y.

10. redeye Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 17:21

I want both games :twisted:

11. lrwr14 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 17:23

Yveltal looks like the better legendary, I'm guessing that version will sell the most.

12. RiksilveR Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 19:46

Wow. So far Xerneas and Yveltal seem pretty much equally cool to me (although Yveltal is pretty awesome, Xerneas seems cool in a more restrained, dignified way), so I'll have to wait for typings to decide. My guess from the colourings is that Yveltal is Fire/Dark (Red front and black maney thing on its back) and Xerneas is Water/Psychic (blue body and shiny rainbow antlers). It'd make sense as it would make sure that both are more or less evenly matched in terms of typing, and since they said the types are going to be more inventive this time around then it'd fit in with that as there aren't many 'mon with these type combinations at the minute.

13. Manifos Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 20:31

The game graphics aren't perfect but its a good start in the 21st century (No offense but the other games were so old styled).

14. fisher2007 Monday 14th Jan 2013 at 21:00

cool. 8)

15. lazy_by_choice Tuesday 15th Jan 2013 at 00:08

Hmm...I was pretty set on getting Pokemon X; Xerneas just looks cool and dignified, a very noble creature of sorts etc. But when I look at these artwork, I'm literally undecided now; I want Yveltal just because here, it looks so EPIC!!!! I guess I'll wait and see what their types are....

16. Gapa Tuesday 15th Jan 2013 at 08:19

Yvelti looks unbelievably awesome...

17. Nintendo4Ever Tuesday 15th Jan 2013 at 11:20

Both legendaries are the best I've seen since Gen 3 (although I do like Palkia from Pearl) but as my avatar suggests... Xerneas all the way!!!

18. Imran Wednesday 16th Jan 2013 at 17:29

Xerneas looks awesome!! :mrgreen:

19. themightyboar Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 18:56

Yveltal looks just like a fusion between lugia and groundon with a bit of darkrai thrown in.
    and everyone knows the best players choose water starter

20. Ankit Tuesday 5th Feb 2013 at 20:51

I'm not tooo fond of Yveltal, it just looks like an extra cool Pseudo Legendary, But Xerneas looks awesome. I'm really hoping that Xerneas( Is it pronounced Zur-nee-us or Zur-neez, I hope Zur-neez) doesn't become a grass type. they don't look as majestic as Reshiram and Zekrom, but I like the idea and Xerneas is just one of my favourite legendaries. I hope it has a high speed and attack stat