Disney Infinity: How much will it cost UK gamers?

Prices revealed for Starter Packs and figures

Buy Disney Infinity and you're not just buying a game. Like Skylanders before it, you can buy extra figures for the Wii U, Wii and 3DS title which can be transported into the game when you place them on a portal. But how much will it cost? UK retailers have started listing the price for Disney Infinity Starter Packs, games and figures.

We have the prices for the Starter Packs which include three characters (Mr Incredible, Jack Sparrow and Sully), the game, three Play Set Pieces and one Power Disc. You can also buy individual figures and a pack of three figures called Sidekicks 3 Packs. We don't have the prices yet for the Play Set Pieces and Power Discs.

Disney Infinity Wii U Starter Pack

Zavvi

Wii U Starter Pack: £59.95

3DS Starter Pack: £54.95

Wii Starter Pack: £54.95

Figures: £12.95

Sidekicks 3 Pack: £29.95

Are you going to buy Disney Infinity?

Comments

1. Loopydoodle Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 11:01

Probably not at those prices, the game looks great but when you think you can buy a whole new game for the price of one of the figurines it just seems to scream "we want your money" as opposed to "this is fun", if the figures were half the price then I think they'd have a much bigger market.

2. vix_chan Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 11:49

I avoided getting Skylanders because I knew it was going to be a costly game, and the same goes for this, although I would be very tempted when Nightmare before Christmas figures are released.

3. pinkgamer634 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 12:59

I really like the look of this game but those prices are extortionate just for a few figures. I think the prices will put some people off buying it when you can get other excellent games at Ł35. Maybe if the price goes down after release I will get this.

4. Jarvichi Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 13:27

Or Ł45 if you use a Toys r us discount code - 9908087559996... :D

5. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 13:28

Bit expensive,but I might get it from Toys R Us if it gets good reviews.

6. Gorsewaygirl Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 14:18

With Skylanders you can complete the whole game with one character from each element, so you only(!) need 8 characters. Does anyone know how many characters you will need to buy to get access to all the areas? This could work out to be exceptionally expensive...

7. sciqueen Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 14:45

I still can't believe that this idea actually worked.

8. TheSlenderman Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:06

Disney Infinity: How much will it cost UK gamers?

Without even looking at the prices listed; an arm and a leg.
    Oh, what a surprise. I'm correct. :)

9. Lego master Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:18

This game actually looks pretty good and I would have got it had it not been for the expensive pay to play system...

10. Donkey Kong Jr. Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:20

Cool , didn't knows it was out for 3DS, I'll get it for that. Btw do you need to buy characters to proceed in the game ?

11. TheSlenderman Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 18:21

In order to get more out of the game, you must buy extra characters, but you don't need it to progress.

12. KH81314 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 19:16

This game will have to be great if they want me to pay that much money.

13. danbish Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 10:44

It could be something I'd try as I actually know these franchises! But if I did, it'd only be an 'every now and then' type of purchase as the cost of these would become about ten times more than the game itself.

14. MartinIsAwesome Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 13:00

I don't know what upsets me more, that stores are charging those kinds of prices or that people will actually buy them.

15. CInfinity Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 11:01

The big difference in this game and Skylanders are that the different play sets change how the game is played.
    In Skylanders you just get a new character to play, in Disney Infinity you also get a whole new world to play in..

Check out my fan site if you want more info:
    www.infinity-figures.com

I think the Cars play set looks most interresting so far, can`t wait ro play togheter with my kid in Radiator Valley!