Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate release date confirmed - new trailer

Coming to Wii U and 3DS in March. Demo available in February

Nintendo have confirmed the Monster Hunter: Ultimate UK release date. The enhanced version of Monster Hunter Tri will be released for Wii U and 3DS on 22 March.

Ahead of the Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate release date, you'll be able to download a free demo of the game from the Nintendo 3DS eShop or the Wii U eShop. The demo features one Beginner and one Advanced single-player quest and enables you to choose from 12 weapons as you battle Lagombi and Plesioth.

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate features new monsters and weapons and players who own both versions of the game will be able to transfer their own personal save data from the Wii U version to their copy on Nintendo 3DS, so you can continue playing on the move.

The 3DS version features local multiplayer for up to four players while on Wii U you can take the fight online and hunt with three friends, chatting using the built-in GamePad microphone. Wii U and 3DS owners can also play together in a local co-op mode.

Are you going to buy Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate on Wii U or 3DS, or both?

Comments

1. skyluigi Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 14:34

I'm not sure abut getting the 3DS version. I've never played any of the Monster Hunter games before, so I wasn't sure. Any ideas on when the demo will be coming? I'll probably get that first.

2. vix_chan Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 14:43

I'll get the Wii U ver for sure, but will have to wait and see if it is worth my while geting the 3DS ver.

3. angrybaldman666 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 15:25

Can you only play this with the Circle Pad? If so how will the demo work for us who do not have one, or like me I have a 3DS XL and I have not seen the XL Circle Pad any where to buy so how will we be able to play the game. But saying that I do like the looks of the game.

4. Guybrush20X6 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 15:44

Well the demo will give me something to do in February.

5. willncc Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:03

Can anyone clarify how the 'cross-buy' type arrangement works with this between WiiU and 3DS?

If I buy a copy for each, will I be able to play this with my son by connecting the WiiU/3DS, or does it only allow sharing of save data, so you can continue 1 game file across both platforms?

6. torterratrainer Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:09

ohmagodohmagodohmagodohmagodohmagodohmagodohmagodohmagod!!!!!!!! :):):):) :D:D:D:D:D:D

I've been waiting an moaning a year for the release date, and they are doing a demo a month early!!!!!

teary smiley cant express the happiness i feel! (also i don't know how to do most smileys on ONM)

7. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:26

Awesome! But hang on.. I thought there was more WiiU <-> 3DS connectivity than that..?

Say you have both versions, You're on the WiiU, and just come offline finding you need to farm for more items. Then you also find out you need to go out. You just transfer your WiiU file to the 3DS version and go out and continue to farm. You then come home, transport the file back and resume online!
    Im sure I read somewhere on here you'd be able to do this..

8. Xenobladeperson Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:49

hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

9. Mikey01 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:54

I hope ONM will write for 3DS version and WiiU version. I know they wont be very different but always nice to know of any differences. Getting this anyway no matter the differences. Sadly I only have a 3DS so no online for me :(

10. legend1992 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:55

It's been confirmed by Capcom that you can indeed do both - there was a trailer shown at ComicCon last year that showed you can transfer save files back and forth between the two consoles, and also play wireless co-op between the Wii U and up to three 3DSs.

Im sure I read somewhere on here you'd be able to do this..

More or less the same answer as what I gave to wilncc - if you have both versions of the game, you'll be able to transfer your progress from Wii U to 3DS, take it out with you, and then upload it back when you're done playing on the go. Capcom and Nintendo will be releasing an eShop app for 3DS so you can do it.

11. TheSlenderman Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 16:58

Defiantly getting this for 3ds.
    May buy a circle pad just for it, too.

12. Erdogan44 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 17:59

Getting this on 3DS.

Cannot wait.

13. Haru Waji Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 18:16

Hype indeed. Looking forward to trying out the 3DS demo. Really want to see what the 3D is like with an MH game.

14. 3ds234 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 18:30

So if I get it on 3ds i cant play online?I think i might not get it if i cant.Might just get the old one on wii.

15. Xenobladeperson Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 18:38

I have to feel sorry for those getting it on 3DS. It won't be the same without online, which is the whole point of MH.

They're shutting down the Tri servers in April, so there's no much point in getting it.

16. KH81314 Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 19:19

This is the game i'm waiting for most. The trailer seems great (eventhoughit isn't new).

17. adamatsu Thursday 17th Jan 2013 at 19:52

good point, i want the xl circle pad! we never hear even a whisper about that. nice to get some finally see some firm uk release dates coming through.

18. lazy_by_choice Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 00:13

im going to try the 3DS demo...see how it works out, then I'll think about buying it

19. Komodo_Wolfgang Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 00:42

...Seriously?

20. Issun2765 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 01:59

Uh huh, seriously. On the 30th April. Can't say I made much use of it online. Ah well.

21. lrwr14 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 09:25

That is great news, been waiting for a final release date, and I've been wondering if they would release the demo since Japan got it.

22. imbusydoctorwho Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 14:36

Wii U version for me,hopefully they'll do a bundle with the Pro Controller.

23. lrwr14 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 18:09

Wii U version for me,hopefully they'll do a bundle with the Pro Controller.

I'm hoping for a 3DS version with the CPP xl.

24. benleslie5 Saturday 19th Jan 2013 at 23:30

I'm really hyped about getting the 3DS version, loved the series on the PSP. Playing with friends will be perfect since most of y friends have a 3DS and will be a good chance to play it if your going to any Anime Conventions

25. That Guy Ganon Sunday 20th Jan 2013 at 12:20

Cant wait for this to hit the 3DS, for some reason, I've always enjoyed playing the Monster Hunter games on a hand held. I just feel they are more suited to quick bursts.
    Either way, looking forward to it and should keep me going until Monster Hunter 4 is released over here.

26. IPecksU Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 16:53

I'd like to see the 3DS version supporting online in the future so I can play with my brother who has the wii u while I'm at university with my 3DS