New Luigi's Mansion 2 screenshots, box art and artwork

Early contender for box art of the year?

You can see Luigi sucking up ghosts in his greenhouse in this new gallery of Luigi's Mansion 2 screenshots and artwork.

We can also see the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon US box art which surely is an early contender for the best box art of the year. The poor plumber looks terrified on the cover of his 3DS game.

Doesn't he know that he has the might of the Poltergust 5000 behind him? He can upgrade his new ghostbusting hoover with gadgets as he explores the three mansions, too. To catch the ghosts with E.Gadd's latest invention, you need to use a strobe to stun the ghosts before sucking them into the Poltergust.

There's also a feature called Dark Light which you can see in action in these new screens. This shoots out a rainbow light, enabling you to see the path of Boos or find invisible objects.

The Luigi's Mansion 2 UK release date is set for March 2013.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 10:33

looking good

2. 5OUNDWAVE Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 10:37

looking fantastic can't wait , haven't bought a game for 3ds since nsmb2 , this can't come quick enough !

3. danbish Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 10:41

Love the original, can't wait for this!! Also really like it when you post artwork too ONM!

4. samus_killer Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 11:26

Hope we get the same box art over here.

Can't wait for its release, easily my most anticipated 3DS game.

5. Tazer_Silverscar Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 12:18

Sounds like a worthwhile plug for the gap between now and the games I really want to play. Of course, I'll make a better opinion of it when I play it =)

6. MartinIsAwesome Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 13:04

I read somewhere that it's going to be released over here as Luigi's Mansion 2 rather that "Dark Moon". Is there any truth in that?

Anyway, the new screens look great. I can imagine how amazing it'll look in 3D.

7. samus_killer Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 13:08

Oh god I hope it's true. Can't stand the fact that they've switched from a number to a generic sounding subtitle.

8. Komodo_Wolfgang Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 13:10

Im a huge fan of the origional. Its great.
    But so far Im not all that interested in this one. I liked hunting the 'people' ghosts of Luigis Mansion. You know. the ones with backstories and stuff. Without having more in this it seems kinda bland =/ Ill have to see what they actual story is like.

9. shadowlugia101 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 14:24

has anyone noticed that luigis either got a glass eye or wearing what appears to be a monacle on his left eye?

10. debris Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 15:24

Yep cant wait for this either, I loved the original it was one of my favourite games on the Game Cube........The Americans may well be getting this in March but I bet we have to wait till at least May time before we see it! :(

11. MartinIsAwesome Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 15:45

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintend ... 74347.html

Nintendo.co.uk's page for it still has it listed as Luigi's Mansion 2, but that may just be because it hasn't been updated in a while.

12. TheSlenderman Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 16:33

This game is the one I'm most excited about more than any other. I never had a GameCube, so I never played the original, but that makes me want to play it even more!!! :D

13. JaySuthEFC Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 17:19

Looks so so good, can't wait

14. Erdogan44 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 17:31

Have never played Luigi's Mansion and I never saw the appeal.

What is it you guys like so much?

15. samus_killer Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 17:44

Interesting.

The only thing is that at last October's MCM Expo in London the game was playable and had the Dark Moon subtitle, so I dunno. :/

16. Tinstar5 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 18:05

That box art looks goood :D hopefully it gets a release date soon...

17. KH81314 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 18:28

Nice box art. I like that's its similar to the fist on with Luigi being scared.

18. fluggy2003 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 21:45

Only reason I hung on to my 3ds was for this lil baby. Loved the original... wish this could be played with circle pad pro. The GameCube version played like a dream with dual sticks. Was essential to push right stick against ghosts pull to sap its ghoulish grasp.

19. fisher2007 Friday 18th Jan 2013 at 21:51

Looks good can't wait.

20. Dimpee Saturday 19th Jan 2013 at 23:54

Beautiful cover, I'm so happy they aren't calling Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7 looks awful in my game collection, don't need any more numbers!

21. lazy_by_choice Sunday 20th Jan 2013 at 14:32

looks good, cannot wait for this game! Never did play the original as did not have a gamecube, so im looking forward to this.

22. MartinIsAwesome Sunday 20th Jan 2013 at 16:46

Hang on, what?! It was playable?! How did I miss that?! And why can't I seem to type a sentence with both a question-mark and an exclamation-mark proceeding it?!

23. Dalekbuster523 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:25