See Zelda Twilight Princess concept art in Hyrule Historia

New pictures of English-language version of Zelda history book

The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia will be available in the UK before the end of the month and, ahead of its release, US publisher Dark Horse have given fans a sneak peek at some Twilight Princess concept art from the English language version.

Zelda: Hyrule Historia was released in Japan in 2011 and the book is famous for being the first publication to reveal the official Legend Of Zelda timeline. However, it also features a history of all the games in the series, character biographies and concept art.

The concept art in the gallery below showcases Link, Ganondorf, Zelda and a Goron. For more, go to the Dark Horse website.

The Legend Of Zelda Hyrule Historia will be released in the UK on 29 January. Are you going to buy it?

Comments

1. TheNUKEnukeM Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 10:47

Got it on preorder. Really looking forward to it. :D

2. vix_chan Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 10:48

It looks a interesting read, but where would I put it? With the game strategy guides or Mangas?

3. danbish Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 10:56

I have it pre-ordered and have done so a few months now. Also, 29th January is my birthday so bonus! What a present! :D

4. shy guy 64 Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 10:57

not long now, cant wait

5. onmsam Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 10:59

is it true there is a limited edition one or not

6. MartinIsAwesome Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 11:15

I've got it on pre-order too. I'm really excited about getting to flick through it and marvel at all the concept sketches and seeing what could have been. Even looking at these previews, I'm amazed at the potential Zelda designs. And look how much Ganondorf looks like Zangurak from The Last Story in one of those early sketches! So much awesomeness.

7. lrwr14 Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 11:18

Looks good, got it on preorder. Comes out day after my birthday, hopefully it'll come early :)

8. Komodo_Wolfgang Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 13:29

Got it on preorder. Really looking forward to it. :D

This

Its saying its done and whatever but still hasnt taken the money though, strange.

A bit unhappy they keep releasing bits of it for free =/ kinda lowers the value

9. samus_killer Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 14:19

Pre-ordered it last week and next week can't come enough.

Been replaying Ocarina of Time recently, so I'm in a right Zelda mood at the moment.

10. cthesupergenius Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 14:34

Woah - that's my birthday! And I'm getting a 3DS and Ocarina of Time! Only thing is I don't think I'll have enough money left to buy this book. *sigh* oh well

11. cthesupergenius Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 14:37

That's my birthday too! What a great birthday to have.

12. PeterR Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 17:03

is it true there is a limited edition one or not

it would appear so

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Legend-Zeld ... 1616551615

im not sure if there is any difference other than the cover, i may look into it

having just looked into it, it would appear the collectors edition has a faux leather cover and gold gilded pages and is limited to 4000 copies. there seems to be general skepticism as to whether all pre orders will be honored but good luck to anyone who's trying to get it, looks very pretty!

13. AiDeNintendude Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 17:26

Got my collector's edition preordered! :D

14. KH81314 Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 17:44

Really excited to get this book. Just cant wait for the next zelda game.

15. Mmmyeah Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 18:21

is it true there is a limited edition one or not

it would appear so

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Legend-Zeld ... 1616551615

im not sure if there is any difference other than the cover, i may look into it

Yeah, it does look very cool and I reckon it may well become pretty collectible, so I can see why people would get it, but the cheapest I can find it for is about 40, which is too much for me to pay.
    I guess I will get the normal one though.At the end of the day, I am just looking forward to reading it!

16. thenintendoer Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 18:32

possible birthday/results day present

17. JaySuthEFC Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 18:39

I've got it on pre-order too, can't wait

18. lrwr14 Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 19:14

is it true there is a limited edition one or not

it would appear so

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Legend-Zeld ... 1616551615

im not sure if there is any difference other than the cover, i may look into it

Dam, that looks sexy. Don't fancy spending that much. If GAME had that version then I would preorder since I have 15 on my card.

19. Donkey Kong Jr. Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 20:50

Got it on pre-order and can't wait.

20. NintendoForLife Monday 21st Jan 2013 at 21:34

Got this preordered along with Ni No Kuni!

EDIT - Just cancelled and now have the Limited Edition Preordered.

21. Tinstar5 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 15:41

Book looks to be good, and the concept art is brilliant.