Project X Zone coming to Europe this summer

Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom join forces for a 3DS strategy RPG

Namco Bandai have confirmed that Project X Zone is coming to Europe and America. A release date has been set for summer 2013 for the 3DS strategy RPG which brings together Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom characters.

Despite starring Tekken, Mega Man and Shining Force characters, Project X Zone has been developed by Monolith Software (Xenoblade Chronicles) and Banpresto (Super Robot Taisen).

Together, they've packed in over 50 playable characters from 29 different game franchises who have been brought together after a rift in space and time opened a doorway to various universes, conveniently enabling heroes and villains from different worlds to cross paths for the first time. The heroes have to work together to stop evil from spreading into the world.

To do this, you have to use a team of two characters known as a Pair Unit to explore the world. An additional character known as a Solo Unit can be combined with the Pair Unit to assist in battles with Solo Attacks as well as augment the attacks available for players to execute. These moves include Solo Attacks, Support Attacks, Cross Hits, and Finishing Moves.

Check out the gallery of screenshots and let us know if you are looking forward to Project X Zone?

Comments

1. master sword Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 09:30

AAAANNNNDDDD breath
    phew, was really worried this wouldn't be making it over here, Crisis averted

2. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:17

IT'S A MIRACLE! As much as I hoped it would, a part part of me doubted that the game would get a European release, especially considering the majority of the charaters are very obscure. It's a very pleasant surpprise indeed!

3. Oxo64 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:41

Wow, definitely picking this up day one.

I don't think anyone expected Project X Zone to be released worldwide. If this can get a localization, any game can.

4. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 13:09

I was hoping this would come to Europe,but I had my doubts,so it's brilliant news to hear it's finally coming.

5. dave666 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 13:40

6. KH81314 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 13:45

Not sure if I'm going to get this. Might pick it up if I find it cheap and it gets good reviews.

7. Tinstar5 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 15:48

When I read the title of this I squealed in excitement... Got some strange looks from people on the train though... But yeah, I really can't wait for this!

8. CyberGW Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 15:53

Well count me surprised! I wasn't suspecting that!
    Can't say I'm massively keen on it, I may get it but I'm not sure, but I'm really pleased for those people who have been wanting it so badly.
    So far 2013 has been breaking the usual localisation trends with this and Pokémon X and Y.

9. NP Chilla Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:44

What a pleasant surprise this is - hopefully this is a sign that other Japan-only titles will get the same treatment (Layton vs. Ace Attorney, I'm looking at you!!)
    This game DOES look really intriguing - was the Japanese release well received? Good reviews?

10. wiill 64 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:18

This is great news. Now if only Namco Bandai would localize Digimon World: Re Digitize and Digimon Adventure. Wishful thinking.

11. tobes325 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 22:23

So many amazing games coming out this year and I'm already behind! Excited for this though! :D

12. dap005 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 22:54

Localisation do happen!

13. martynm Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:29

oh this is nice! i'm quite curious about this game..