Resident Evil Revelations hits Wii U in May! Exclusive Content In Next Issue Of ONM

Check out the first Resident Evil Revelations Wii U screenshots now...

The next issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine features a huge blowout on the amazing new Wii U remake of Resident Evil Revelations which is set for release in the UK on 24 May.

As well as exclusive artwork on the cover, the magazine also has a 12-page mammoth feature containing world-exclusive Resident Evil Revelations Wii U screenshots, Wii U GamePad info, brand new gameplay additions and an in-depth interview with producer Tsukasa Takenaka.

Capcom today confirmed that the critically acclaimed 3DS survival horror will be coming to the Wii U on 24 May in the UK. As well as featuring an HD upgrade in the graphics department, the game will also feature new enemies, a new difficulty mode, a new playable Raid character in the form of series favourite Hunk, GamePad maps, menus and inventory, and weapon additions to Raid mode.

If you've never played the original, Resident Evil Revelations is the game that brings the fear back to the Resident Evil series. Set primarily aboard the Queen Zenobia, a cruise ship adrift in the Mediterranean, Jill Valentine and and her partner Parker board the supposedly abandoned Zenobia in search of their mysteriously missing ally, Chris Redfield, only to find themselves on a boat populated by monsters. Meanwhile, Redfield is off in the European Mountains with his new partner Jessica, uncovering plot details and fending off vicious attacks from infected wolves and other abominations.

Resident Evil Revelations Wii U features high quality HD visuals and enhanced lighting effects
Official Nintendo Magazine Editor-In-Chief had this to say about the cover feature: "Resident Evil Revelations was one of my favourite games of last year. I spent 35 hours going through the main Campaign and Raid mode and if ever there was a game ripe for console conversion it's this. In my opinion, Revelations represents the best combination of old and new Resident Evil values. Despite that there are millions of RE fans who have yet to experience it. Now, hopefully, that will change.

"As soon as I found out Revelations was coming to Wii U it was obvious it needed to be on the cover. Our latest issue is rammed with exclusive info and screens and I can't wait to get it out there."

The March issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine hits shelves on Wednesday 13 February. See the first Resident Evil Revelations Wii U screenshots and ONM's cover below.

Comments

1. Tinstar5 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:03

(First) OMG this is going to be awesome!

2. CyberGW Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:06

Woah! Big shock!
    I missed the 3DS one, but I may try my best to get this.
    Depends on what other games come out in May time, but still, this is brilliant news!

3. Slinkington Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:07

RACHEL as playable character in Raid Mode PLEASE.

4. K-tet Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:12

A part of me is quite pleased for this, however, another part of me is quite annoyed by this. Chances are Iwata will tell us during the Nintendo Direct Presentation tomorrow that this game will be coming out for Wii U, but from what my sources have told me, it'll also hit out on PS3, 360, and PC. So yeah, annoyed in the sense that it's no longer a 3DS (or even a Nintendo) exclusive, but actually, I'm pleased that it's getting more exposure. It's one of the better ResiEvil's all things considered.

5. spacemen13 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:29

Never owned a resident evil game so I am going to start here!

6. RiksilveR Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:31

Hopefully if they're making it go multiformat that means Capcom is committed enough to make a sequel. I want to know what the bit after the credits was all about.
    It is a bit annoying that I can't say "hey, the 3DS has the best Resi for ages and PS360 doesn't" any more, but if Capcom are really nice then a sequel might come out as a 3DS/Nintendo exclusive if they decide it's the best format. Not likely, but a man can dream.

Never owned a resident evil game so I am going to start here!

Neither had I till I got it. Its now one of my favourite games ever. You're in for a cracker.

7. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:34

So you're giving this the cover feature instead of Gen VI of Pokemon?! I mean, this sounds cool, but I know which one is bigger news...

8. torterratrainer Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:42

:( why oh why did i buy the 3DS one, it was good but the graphics were very limiting. this looks awesome+1

for anyone who's never played it, i really recommend as it was my first and 60hrs worth of gold

9. MatthewONM Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 16:43

Yes, but we have exclusive access to Resident Evil, and the same access as everyone else to Pokemon. Do you want information you can get nowhere else or information recycled from a trailer released two weeks ago? We'll do a Pokemon cover when there's something interesting to say about Pokemon.

10. KH81314 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 17:12

Never played the 3Ds version but I could see myself getting this version. The 3Ds version won best graphics in ONM which would look great in HD.

11. Marzy Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 17:17

So much for being a "New" game.

12. Piplup Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 17:23

Well this was disappointing...

13. HyrulianToad Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 17:27

:( disappointed by this , was hoping for revalations sequel.
    If you haven't played it yet though you'll have a blast.

14. MatthewONM Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 17:37

So much for being a "New" game.

It's a game that wasn't known about and hasn't been released yet. It is a new game.

And before we get any more of these sarcastic eye-rolling posts, maybe you lot should wait to read the feature and see why we're so excited for it. We wouldn't have put it on the cover otherwise...

15. adamatsu Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 17:48

a great game, it was nice that it was a 3ds exclusive for so long, but i am glad that more people will get to play it now!

16. Riverlution Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:04

I'm only in if its got LOTS of new content. I played the 3DS one loads, so playing it in HD isn't going to tide me over. I'd expect the content to DOUBLE if they want my money.

It was a great game, but as with the other ports on the Wii U so far - unless there is a BIG reason for me to buy it, then I shan't be getting it. Its great news however for those who haven't played the original.

17. ShigeruMiyamoto Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:13

It looks like a horrible remake, still 3DS textures. Will not look good on a TV.

18. Buffalo_K Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:24

Are you serious? ARE YOU SERIOUS? The graphics absolutely stunning for a 3DS game! They're just simply amazing! How could you possibly say that?

Not sure if I'm going to buy this. I'm a huge RE fan, but I'm not sure if I'm going to dish out €60 to play it in HD. I'd prefer if they released the new content as paid DLC on 3DS.

19. Marzy Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:26

So much for being a "New" game.

Okay, then it's a new game.

20. BlockPunch Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:29

Where's the cover image at?
    Great news, btw! :D

21. Dan-the-Wii-man Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:38

This is cool but i bought the 3DS one sooo...

22. TheSlenderman Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 18:49

If more games like this are announced, then I may consider getting a wii u. :D

23. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:05

Wow, I didn't expect that! I mean, I won't be buying it because I only just bought the handheld edition (just my luck, eh?), and given the choice I would pick the 3DS version (the 3D effect coupled with the extra intimacy of a personal portable console jus makes the game much more creepy).
    Still, I'm sure that the fans of Resident Evil wil be excited that it'll be released on multiple consoles, even if I do (stupidly) wish that it was still Nintendo exclusive. At least this way it'll sell to more people blah blah profits blah blah more games for me.

24. Mr Roboto Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:27

I hope this game turns out to be good!

Fingers crossed!

25. K-tet Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:27

So much for being a "New" game.

Not really... while it is a remaster, it is hardly a new game. We don't even need to wait to tell you that you're mistaken. Marzy is correct.

Edit: Allow me to explain. A remaster would typically offer more content than its original counterpart, but isn't exactly 'new'. Super Mario All Stars for example is essentially the NES Mario Games remastered for the Super Nintendo, but they aren't 'new' because the games have already existed prior to it. If this was Revelations 2, it would indeed be considered 'new'.

Rehashes are a different kettle of fish. See the Street Fighter games for more on those.

26. JaySuthEFC Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:37

Although it is great news etc etc, I would of preferred a new game!

27. MatthewONM Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:49

If it was a simple remaster we wouldn't have plastered it all over our cover. We talked to Capcom about the game and decided that it was substantially changed enough for us to cover it. Yes, it has the same name, but it will play differently and have different content. I'd say it's closer in tone to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but it isn't a simple remaster. As I said before, you'll have to wait until the mag comes out. Have a little faith, people.

28. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:56

Hhm I see what you're saying...ok, that's fair enough!

However, like MartinIsAwesome, I too have only just bought the 3DS version within the last month...sucks to be me. That said I don't have a Wii U anyway so it's no big deal.

29. NP Chilla Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 19:59

I bet this is one of the big games discussed in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Rightly so. :D

I was going to treat myself to the 3DS version but I'll hold off for the Wii U version instead.

30. K-tet Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 20:09

I'm a fair kind of guy, so I'll give you that. While SMAS is a simple remaster, I used a simple example hoping you'd say what you've just said to counter it. I'm glad you have, but, Revelations HD (for all intents and purposes, we know it'll be out on the other systems and PC too) is still a remaster, therefore it isn't exactly 'new'. If it provides a much improved or 'newer' experience, then it's a remaster done properly. \o/

In regards to the article in the mag, we'll take your word for it. Can't wait personally, but I had to pick you up on Marzy's point, which is fair enough. =)

31. GuitarHero Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 20:21

I'm not going to bash something I know barely anything about so I look forward to reading it.

32. Xenobladeperson Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 20:30

It's a new character and HD graphics. This a remaster, accept it and let it go.

33. neko paul Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 21:13

Capcom just trying to milk money out of resident evil fans that don't like handhelds or don't have a 3DS. Your labeling it has a "Remake" but all it is a port of a handheld game into a console game.

34. liveswired Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 22:15

More sensationalised reporting - much like the NOM days - it's not a Remake at all.

It's the original game with preloaded DLC running in 1920x1080p native - still great news though!!!

To me a remake means that the graphics and story have been completely revamped (ie completely new models, textures, lighting, FX, AI etc etc) to make use of the technology available -

A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A REMAKE ONM IS RESIDENT EVIL GAMECUBE. Anyways I remember ONM referring to Resident Evil 4 on Wii being a remake Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

35. liveswired Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013 at 22:16

Although it is great news etc etc, I would of preferred a new game!

Have you not played Resident Evil 6? I refuse to accept it as an official entry in the series. Capcom should refund all copies and erase it from their history.

36. bigterence Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 09:45

Got 3ds version,prob get this,but seems to be lots of this genre of game comin up.Not complaining tho.

37. danbish Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:14

I knew Capcom were porting it to the other consoles so it's not that much of a suprise that its coming to WiiU too. Can't help but have mixed feelings for this. Bad becase its Capcom all over, cashing in and milking the franchise dry for all its worth (yes I know other companies do the same but Capcom are by far the worst), and good because this game will so much more appreciated attention for all those who didn't play it when it launched on 3DS. Plus it might convince Capcom to start making proper Resident Evil games too.

If there's enough new features in the WiiU version, and not just stuff that's been tacked onto it (a la Wii versions), but genuine things that have been really thought about, then I could see myself buying it again. A decent price for it would be nice too.

Capcom just trying to milk money out of resident evil fans.

Like I said, Capcom are the worst offenders for milking their franchises. For example, how many versions of Street Fighter do we actually need? The main game comes out with a few extra priced "DLC" on launch day, then low and behold, six months later a newer version comes out with a few extra costumes in it and the word 'Super' in the title screen. Another full price game and worse still, people fall for it every time.

38. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 13:35

Massive fan of the original game,and while it's a shame that it isn't a sequel to the original Revelations,it's still a brilliant title for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

I wouldn't mind getting it,only if there's a lot,and I mean a lot more content.

39. liveswired Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:24

I don't get why so many people are moaning about 'Capcom milking their game'.

What is wrong with releasing the game on all systems? Capcom have bills to pay, employees to pay and games to make - they have every right to re release a game regardless of the era.

If you don't want it - don't buy it. I for one applaud games companies for allowing gamers to access their titles on all platforms. It's a basic human right and also helps decrease piracy - if I can get Super Mario World on the Wii, I would atleast like access to purchase on a 3DS and a Wii U - why should a company limit and infuriate their fans?

You can buy music and movies from all eras through various distributions after all - yet you do not hear music lovers moaning about that. I'll put this down to the dumb ass and narrow mindset of many console gamers.

40. Semmoz Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 10:54

I'm really looking forward to this! Especially as I don't play my 3DS XL version, due to the lack of a XL Circle Pad Pro being available in Europe. Shame!