Pokemon Black and White 2: Get a Level 50 Keldeo this week

Legendary Colt Pokemon available for a limited time only

While everyone is excited about Pokemon X and Y, don't forget about Pokemon Black And White 2. For you'll be able to get hold of a Level 50 Keldeo for your version of the game from 25 January.

The Wi-Fi event kicks off on Friday 25 January, enabling players to download the Legendary Water/Fighting type Pokemon Keldeo, who is a member of the Swords if Justice along with Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.

This Keldeo knows the moves Sacred Sword, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump and Swords Dance but once you have the colt Pokemon in your party you can also complete an in-game event that will teach Keldeo its signature Secret Sword move and reveal its Resolute form.

This Wi-Fi event is only open for a limited time and you've got until 12 February to download Keldeo for your copy of the game.

How to get Keldeo

First up, obviously you'll need a DS, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, or a 3DS XL plus a copy of Pokemon Black 2 or Pokemon White 2 to get hold of it. You must also have no more than 11 Wonder Cards in your possession.

Then you need to begin your game and select Mystery Gift from the main menu. Next, select 'Receive Gift', followed by 'Yes.'

Following this step, select 'Get Via Nintendo WFC' then 'Yes' and the level 50 Keldeo will appear.

Now you need one open spot in your party (no more than five Pokemon) and then you just need to speak to the deliveryman in a Pokemon Center to collect your Keldeo. Finally, save your game!

Comments

1. Slinkington Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:31

I'm positive I already have this 'mon. Why haven't we been given Meloetta yet..?

2. samus_killer Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:37

Sweet. I'll be sure to download it come Friday.

Cheers for the reminder (:

3. sciqueen Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:38

I see they've forgotten about the Black and White owners already...Why can't they make Keldeo available to download to those games too? Another marketing ploy from Nintendo.

4. Nintendo4Ever Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:40

We have, it was a GAME distribution for the new movie at the time. God knows why we haven't been given access to Meloetta yet, my guess is they're releasing a film with it as the star later on this year and leaving it unreleased until then.

5. NintendoForLife Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:44

^ I'd try it on Black and White as well. It will probably work.

I don't like that we've to go to the effort of getting Keldeo before then they just make it WiFi event later on. Although I have benefited form that practice before so I can't really complain. :wink:

6. Tamzily01 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:58

Um...maybe because they already had a Keldeo event for Black and White?

7. Rufan Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:39

I don't have any wounder cards, would I still be able to get this?

8. shy guy 64 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 13:34

ive all ready got one

like many of us i imagine

9. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 13:40

I still haven't played my copy of the game yet,so this is a good enough reason to start playing it.

10. KH81314 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 14:18

Yes, cant wait to get it.

11. Gapa Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:00

Before B/W2 was out, there was an event in GAME stores in which you could get a Keldeo, and seeing that generation 6 is on its way, I don't there is much hope for many more B/W events.

12. Tillbo Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:18

Not played a Pokemon game in a while, but if you are just starting the game, wouldn't getting a level 50 straight away make it VERY easy or am I missing something?

13. C00LI098 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:28

I'm so happy that I'll finally be able to receive Keldeo. In-life events are truly horrible when they exclude certain countries.

14. TheNUKEnukeM Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:24

Never brought black and white so never got the chance to do the first event. I really like Keldeo, I have its C-Gear Skin and I cant wait to catch it. I kinda want victini as well, but most of you have two of them by now so.... I kinda feel I let myself down by not playing the originals. Oh Well.

15. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 19:37

Yes, theoretically you're right, but bear 3 things in mind:

1) The game's been out a little while now, so it's assumed that most people who download this Keldeo will already have beaten the game.

2) You don't have to use it. Personally, I wouldn't want to fly through the game with a Lv 50, because it would defeat the fun in building a good team!

3) A Lv 50 won't obey you until you get a certain number of gym badges anyway!

16. Tillbo Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 20:44

Oh yes...forgot about needing Gym badges to get Pokemon to obey. Guess it is a none issue then...

17. Accelgor7 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 00:07

I don't have any wounder cards, would I still be able to get this?

wonder cards are basically things to show that you've participated in online events before. you should defiantly be able to get keldeo :D

18. godotman Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 23:19

Whoop, just got my keldeo :D

19. Combusken Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 04:15

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Does anyone else besides me think it is possible that the Meloetta event might be available when the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y playable demo units are ready? (considering that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are being released worldwide in October 2013 and that GameFreak likes to promote both their new Pokemon games with playable demos while holding their Pokemon download events at the same time)

I mean when Celebi was finally released to us Europeans for the Gen 4 games; Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, (after 2 generations of us not being able to get Celebi) there was also Black 1 and White 1 demo units that we could play at the Celebi event.

20. Rufan Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 13:05

My DS is currently charging so I have to wait till it's done but by the end of today Klendo will be mine too hopfuly.

21. sciqueen Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 21:15

My answer to everyone who replied to my first message...D'OH!

22. HaydnRhys Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 01:17

How do you guys find out about pokemon events? I always miss them and find out afterwards that I've missed the oppurtunity to get Darkrai or Celebi (two of my favorite pokemon in the world by the way). :evil:

23. Nintendo4Ever Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 08:52

I always look on Serebii, they always write about what happens during the week Pokemon-wise.

24. Lugia Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 11:37

Black and White owners already had a distribution event for Keldeo at Game stores across the UK last year.

EDIT: Just seen your question was answered already!

25. Curley09 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 20:05

HES AWESOME

26. Vampiratelycan Friday 29th Mar 2013 at 02:08

And I missed it. Again! Ah! With this and Genesect I am having no luck.