Xenoblade Chronicles developer reveal new Wii U game - first trailer

It looks like Xenoblade HD!

The first trailer of the new Wii U game from Monolith Software, the developers of Xenoblade Chronicles, was showcased during Nintendo Direct on Wednesday afternoon.

No details were revealed about the as-yet-untitled new game but judging by the trailer, it looks a lot like Xenoblade as characters fights off huge beasts with their weapons. Check it out below and let us know what you think...

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:04

colour me intreeged

2. KH81314 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:09

I am so pumped for this game. I havent felt like this since they revelaed that Monster Hunter 3 was coming to Wii U in Noth America. Xenoblade Chronicles was the best Wii game of 2012 and one of my all time favorite games. The game looks kind of similar with the special attacks ate the bottom but the guns are new.

3. LonDonE Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:24

oh man, this is exactly what i needed, being a passionate gamer, who buys an games on all platforms, so far since launch my wii u has been gathering dust, an i have hated doing that, but in all honesty so far no wii u game has peaked my interest, not even pikmin 3, which even though i enjoyed the last 2 pikmin games, it is by no way a system seller, nintendo should have made sure to launch with a 3d mario galaxies, or mario U-niverse, LOL, to show what the system could do, an also that nintendo could create great hd games, done get me wrong, new super mario brothers u is a great game, but FOR ME, it is no way worth 50, when you compare other games on wii u or other platforms, which i could buy for that money, an to hear a playable version of a 3d mario will be at e.3, has made my year, an even better if its launched before Christmas that would be EPIC! an since they have not announced what retro is working on, i sure hope it will be a metroid prime 4 on wii u. i can think of no better game or developer to show everybody how to implement the game pad, touch screen an to create some of the most immersion using hd visuals in first person ever, just like they did with metorid prime 1an 2, an 3 to a lesser extent, but it was still sexy! what they achieved on wii, in the metroid prime trilogy, when played at 480p at 60fps, with the motion controls, i swear its like a religious experience!! an that still with limited power, i can think of no better developer to let the true power of the wii u be unleashed, through hd sexy art design, an great gameplay! roll on e.3! damn where's the tardis when you need it, i wish i could go forward in time, an play an see all those games!

4. torterratrainer Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:32

looks good though and i hope it blossoms further.

5. master sword Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:45

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who squealed like a little girl when I saw this ^^
    Absolutely adored xenoblade, and this looks just as awesome

6. Jarmez Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:55

Looks amazing so far, another to add to my games wishlist.

7. 5OUNDWAVE Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:10

not my type of game but after watching his bike transform into a battle suit count me in !

8. lrwr14 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:36

Wow this looks amazing. Looks just like xenoblade but better. Need a wiiu now.

9. OrangeRakoon Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:56

The point he got in the mech suit and started piloting it I died inside.

Need

10. PeterR Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:58

Could this be a xenoblade sequel? That shadowy face at the end looks quite shulky but maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way I want that game!

11. Xenobladeperson Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:07

meh

12. Da_Epic_Fail Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:30

When I heard Iwata say Monolith Soft I flipped. This announcement literally had me in tears of joy.

13. KH81314 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 19:28

I rad that the game is gonna be called X. Not sure if this is accurate or not but by looking at the gameplay it might be part of the same series as xenoblade.

14. KH81314 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 19:30

meh

How are you not excited. Your name is Xenoblade Person.

15. RealToonLink Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 19:38

Looks good.

16. Mello Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 19:55

looks good though and i hope it blossoms further.

Really? It looks like a modern JRPG to me...those things all sound like pretty standard JRPG elements as far as I can see...

17. Xenobladeperson Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 20:19

meh

How are you not excited? Your name is Xenobladeperson.

I wasn't being serious. Let's just say The Last of Us and MH3U have been pushed down a bit on my "most anticipated" list.

make no mistake that is a more glossy looking monster hunter set in the future with more rpg style elements. you cant get away with making bows,guns,hammers, and swords and massive monsters to slay and say its not a clone

Have you even played Monster Hunter and Xenoblade?

18. Dertdood Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 21:11

cool, xenoblade is probably my favourite game

wonder if xenosaga will get rereleased

19. KH81314 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 21:33

Have you even played Monster Hunter and Xenoblade?
    My bad. Didn't understand that you were being sarcastic and I agree Monster Hunter and Xenoblade are not that alike besides that they are both amazing.

20. Dertdood Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 21:37

looks good though and i hope it blossoms further.

good one

21. GuitarHero Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 22:21

As long as it improves on Xenoblade, then it's worth a look.

22. blaziken411 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 22:44

that looks like munster hunter in the future

23. dave666 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 00:29

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the gameplay of this game, it just looks like the best game ever made EVER !

I CANT WAIT this and project x zone and wind waker HD

* sniff * :cry: I frikkin love you nintendo

24. pokemaniac 212 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 08:52

Have to say this looks amazing. Monolith has to be one of my favourite developers of recent times, and this just screams pure awesome. The image of Shulk at the end would suggest a direct sequel to xenoblade, but that would be unusual since to my knowledge none of the other games in the xeno series have had direct sequels. Hopefully there'll be some more info at E3.

25. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 13:19

Looks absolutely brilliant,a massive surprise.

26. Xenobladeperson Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 00:26

Pretty sure it wasn't Shulk, it's probably his son or something.