Shin Megami meets Fire Emblem in new Wii U strategy game - frst trailer

See more of the collaboration between Atlus and Intelligent Systems

It's the biggest Nintendo crossover since Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright. The worlds of Shin Megami and Fire Emblem are coming together in a new strategy RPG from Atlus and Intelligent Systems. Announced during Nintendo Direct, here is the first trailer.

Satoru Iwata said: "Because the scope of game development for each title is getting larger and larger, we cannot prepare enough titles for Wii U using the same approaches we have taken in the past.

"This collaboration with Atlas is an example of one of our new approaches. We are working with many more partners on additional collaborations as well," he added. "I will discuss those projects in future Nintendo Directs or at other opportunities. Please look forward to hearing about them."

Comments

1. PeterR Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:38

Am i being very silly for not knowing what shin megami is? Still I love fire emblem so will be keeping a close eye on that.

2. KH81314 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 17:41

I love Fire Emblem but I'm not such a big fan of Shin Megami Tensei. Still, I bet this could turn out to be something great.

3. Crimsonfist101 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:06

Not really, the games very rarely get UK releases and the only main series one in this country is on the PS2. The games are turn based dungeon crawlers, themed around mythology, they use have a monster based party system similar to pokemon however are generally much more challenging games. The Persona spinoff series is quite a bit more popular, you might have heard of that.

4. PeterR Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:27

Ahh I see, thank you kindly for the info =]

5. TheVelvetRoom Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:29

It's great that SMT is getting a crossover, though I couldn't really care less for Fire Emblem, and I'm dead certain this'll be a Fire Emblem game with SMT characters, demons and locations.

6. Crimsonfist101 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 18:44

I'd guess at an SRPG, but it's not like there haven't been Megaten games in that genre. The Devil Survivor games were pretty good and that's the format I'd expect this game to take.

Since this was announced in the EU Nintendo direct hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it after the American release.

7. Mello Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 19:49

Really excited to learn more about this. Really like Fire Emblem games and though I've never played the main SMT games I've played the four Persona games and briefly tried Devil Survivor once (I'm hoping to get it on 3DS when it comes out) and those have all been cool. I love the character designs shown in the trailer and I really want to see more of what the game is about - as mentioned above, Devil Survivor is an SRPG so there must be some sort of unique spin on this.

8. fisher2007 Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 20:25

It's great that SMT fire emblem is getting a crossover,

and hopefully there be shin megami vs Disgaea or Disgaea vs fire emblem one day in the future and i always wanted one those crossover's to made. 8)

9. Da_Epic_Fail Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 21:31

This caught me by surprise :) And is awesome.

10. DarkDeoxys Wednesday 23rd Jan 2013 at 22:02

This hit me from nowhere. as soon as i saw that the demi fiend from SMT nocturne was in it i thought i must get this game (i'm hoping more chracters are announced like any characters from digital devil saga) :D i'm hoping for it to be a proper RPG game