What's your most wanted Wii U game?

Vote for your number one game in our poll

We might have to rethink our best Wii U games for 2013. When I started compiling the most exciting Wii U games of the next 12 months, I had no idea that we'd be playing a remake of The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker on Wii U (my favourite Zelda game ever) by the autumn. Or that Resident Evil Revelations would be getting the HD treatment in May.

Have you ever known a January like it? We usually have to wait until E3 for big game announcements but this month alone we've had Pokemon X and Y, Disney Infinity, Resident Evil Revelations, plus all the goodies that Nintendo Direct brought us yesterday.

In fact, the amazing this about Nintendo Direct was that it was so packed, Resident Evil Revelations and Disney Infinity didn't even get a mention.

Hands up! When Nintendo announced a new Nintendo Direct on Tuesday, who thought the new games would be Resident Evil Revelations Wii U plus lots of unreleased games that we already knew about? I know I did.

In fact, I even shot down someone on Twitter who suggested that Nintendo could show off Monolith's new Wii U game during Nintendo Direct. Unlikely, I said. More fool me.

And, although that was exciting, Monolith's new game wasn't even the biggest announcement. As great as it looks, Mario Kart Wii U, Zelda Wind Waker Wii U and Yarn Yoshi are probably the biggest announcements. That's before you get onto the news that the next 3D Mario game and Smash Bros Wii U will be showcased at E3 2013.

There won't be any new consoles to announce but in terms of games, I'd be surprised if any company had a stronger line-up than Nintendo.

All that and I haven't even mentioned Rayman Legends, which was previously my most wanted Wii U game of 2013. Now I just can't decide what my most wanted Wii U game is. I suppose I'd have to go for the next 3D Mario game but we know so little about it.

So I'm going to put the question to you. What is your most wanted Wii U game? Vote in the poll below and don't forget to leave the reason for your choice in the comments as the best ones will be used in a special feature on ONM.

Comments

1. Cidiyance Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 15:40

I wished they annouced Mortal Kombat 2011 on WiiU or at least ask Netherealm to port their game over to the system, Justice League something or other dosn't cut it for me.

2. debris Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 15:47

ONM could you not have made it so we could of at least voted for our top three?, voting for one just doesnt seem to cover it.....so many great games!

3. shy guy 64 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 15:56

pikmin 3, wind waker and yarn yoshi

and its a safe bet that neither smash 4 or zelda wii u will come out this year (zelda 3ds maybe)

4. Tanrei Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 15:58

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei.

5. Dougtendo Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:03

I'm most looking forward to Mario Kart for Wii U - the controller will be perfect for it and off screen play will be great!

6. C00LI098 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:11

I voted for Wind Waker Wii U, but it's impossible to narrow it down to one choice. There are seven (!) games on that list that are must-buys for me, and there are some more I'll be considering.

7. ledreppe Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:13

Is that the official title for the new Yoshi game, "Yarn Yoshi"?

8. linkfinity Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:30

I want MH3:U the most, but also I want Bayonetta and X very much.

9. Zen Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:34

Most wanted games: Monster Hunter Ultimate, Dragon Quest X.

Most anticipated games: Zelda Wii U, "Xenoblade 2".

10. TheSlenderman Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:38

Wind Waker is the reason I'm getting a wii u. So I voted for it. :shock:

11. Xenobladeperson Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 16:39

I wanted to say MH3U, but new Xenoblade, so yeah.

12. Redfish20 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 17:23

Well it was always going to be the new Zelda for me. I can't really explain why without simply spamming my post with the words "new Zelda" and lots of exclamation marks so I'll let you fill that bit in for yourselves.

13. Waldy565 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 17:25

Instantly voted for SSB, then read the list :D Surprised Zelda is on top, love the franchise, but honestly thought Smash Bros would take the lead. However, along with the 2 mentioned, looking forward to Wind Waker re-release (I'm sure I'm joined by many others in saying this will be my first play-through, like ONM said when they did their Star Fox review, I'm sure everyone else will be jealous we get to play it for a first time!). Yoshi's Yarn, Pikmin 3, LEGO City and Wonderful 101 are also highlights, but keeping my eye on Bayonetta and out for Star Fox and F-Zero news...

14. Herbert_Rarr Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 17:25

Good thing I've set aside a lot of money from last year.
    I never thought much of Rayman Legends until playing the demo, now I really want it.
    Pikmin 3 will be a new experience for me, but I love the look of it and the Eurogamer demo intrigued me.
    Yarn Yoshi looks great and has a good chance of being something I will pick up.
    I've been a big fan of Mario Kart since Double Dash on the Gamecube, making the 8th installment a must have for me.
    Mario games don't really interest me, but I enjoyed playing Galaxy 2 with a friend of mine, so I'll perhaps get this if it looks particularly good and I see it cheap.
    I'm very interested be a new LoZ game possibly with multiplayer and/or open world elements.
    But Smash Bros Wii U has to take my vote as I adored Brawl for a multitude of reasons.
    Nintendo will definitely get some profit out of me this year.

15. vtheyoshi Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 17:43

MH3U and Yarn Yoshi.

16. hammster Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 18:01

I could have voted for any of these really easily. All look superb. But I went for X.

17. Dan-the-Wii-man Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 18:08

Wind Waker, Zelda Wii U, Mario 3D, Mario Kart and the Xenoblade thing... im just in heaven right now!

18. yubel Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 18:23

Voted Zelda Wii U, purely because I believe it'll be the most outstanding game in the console library. Lego City Undercover may be the first title to peak my interest, but it's quickly being over-shadowed by yesterday's announcements.

19. me4ndubz Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 18:32

I haven't been keeping up with Nintendo news a much as I used to so I may have freaked out when I watched Nintendo Direct haha

20. KH81314 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 18:50

Of the games that I have actually seen something for it would be monster hunter 3 ultimate. But if its something that's just being worked on then it would be super Mario 3d title.

21. CBTIRL Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 21:10

For 2013 its gotta be Wind Waker- its a game in my top 5 to play list. But for the future, Smash Bros. 4 is my most wanted. A game full of great Nintendo franchises, which in turn is a great Nintendo franchise AND in HD, I mean come on, If you dont want this game Im sorry but Ill have to take your licence to live

22. Loryuken Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 22:12

I'm really looking forward to a few games on that list... Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Yarn Yoshi, but The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series, so the brand new game coming out is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I can't wait to see what they've came up with and get stuck into it!

23. wiill 64 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 23:07

Went with Wind Waker HD since the original was my first and favourite Zelda game this will get me hyped for the brand new one they're working on.
    Other than that, I'm looking forward to Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Lego City Undercover, Game & Wario, and The Wonderful 101.
    Then there's the likes of Fire Emblem's collaboration, Yarn Yoshi, and X which I'm interested in, while I'm looking forward to seeing what the new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. hold in store for us.

24. IPecksU Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 23:33

Has to be smash bros for me, each game in the series has been my favourite game of each console they've been on. I'm really hyped for most of the things on this list though XD

25. CDS Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 10:15

It was once LEGO City Undercover, but after the confirmation of Mario Kart WiiU, and me being a massive fan of Mario Kart since Double Dash, I had to change it.
    The fact that Nintendo seem to be greatly improving its franchises now it seems that the best of Nintendo's franchises will also be receiving a great improvement on WiiU.
    I just wonder what those will be.

26. MartinIsAwesome Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 11:38

As big as those various surprises were on Wednesday, and despite knowing nothing about it, I have to vote for 3D Mario. I love the 3D Mario games and I'm looking foward to see how the next one will take shape the most.
    If it wasn't for the fact that I've played Wind Waker numerous times, I'd be voting for that.

27. imbusydoctorwho Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 12:34

So many games likely to be brilliant on the list,too hard to choose just one.

28. ninjafox Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 13:14

Such a tough choice when I can already say I will be getting at least 10 of the games on the list but as I have wanted a Wind Waker re-make for a long time I had to go with Wind Waker Wii U.
    It will be great to play the game in HD and I am interested to see what changes they make to the game, perhaps they will remove the triforce quest, which was my only problem with the original game. If Nintendo do that Wind Waker could well become my favourite ever Zelda game!

29. dave666 Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 15:29

I dunno where to start, seriously :?

30. Tufty64 Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 15:30

I can't believe Wonderful 101 didn't make your list!!! I played it at the Eurogamer expo and it was a LOT of fun!!! A tough choice from the games on the list though.

31. Tufty64 Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 15:33

Actually ignore my earlier comment reread the list and saw i'd somehow missed the wonderful 101 when reading the games lol.

32. Otoemetry Saturday 26th Jan 2013 at 16:47

Anyone hoping the new Mario will be a sequel to Sunshine? Imagine what the WiiU could do with that! Sunshine always holds a special place in my heart, I tend to root for the underdog...

I also really hope Nintendo create a Director's Cut for Wind Waker, we need those dungeons that were cut out.

33. noobgamer9 Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 16:15

X, the new monolith game. I squealed when I first saw the trailer. Xenoblade chronicles was one of my favourite wii games so to see a new hd game that has taken inspiration from it got me very excited.

34. SmashBro2712 Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 11:28

Since a new Metroid FPS isn't on the list, I voted for Zelda - So many good games...