New Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon trailer shows multiplayer

Your first look at Hunter Mode

The new Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon trailer showcases the new online co-op multiplayer mode which enables four players to team up to capture ghosts.

The new multiplayer Hunter Mode is playable both online and locally and puts each player in control of a different colour Luigi. Together, they have to hunt down ghosts and use effective teamwork to clear each floor of the Scarescraper tower before the clock strikes zero.

Depending on how well you perform, you can earn bonuses and upgrades on your way to taking on a boss battle at the top of each tower.

Before you start, you can choose how many floors you want to battle through. You could start with five, take on ten or go for the maximum 25. You can also adjust the difficulty mode. And if you fail, like in Nintendo Land's Luigi's Ghost Mansion, your teammates can revive you when you fall.

Do you like the look of Hunter mode? The Luigi's Mansion 2 UK release date is set for March 2013

Comments

1. Xenobladeperson Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 22:09

I'm interested in LM now.

2. shy guy 64 Thursday 24th Jan 2013 at 22:19

multiplayer mode dose look fun

3. KH81314 Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 07:31

You had my curiosity but now you have my attention.

4. MartinIsAwesome Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 11:49

This week has been full of surprises, hasn't it? It was one thing to find out that this game will feature multiplayer at all, but now it's online? I'm flabbergasted.
    I do hope this doesn't mean it will be exclusively online. I'd much rather have the oppertunity to play alongside my brother in a local mode.

5. imbusydoctorwho Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 12:29

I really want Luigi's Mansion now.

6. vix_chan Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 12:41

This makes the game allot more appealing.
    The game looks great in story mode, has done for a long time, but with the great addition of a online game play essentially insures for me that the game will have a great deal of replay value and that maybe allot more people will be attracted to buy it.
    I just hope it's not too long of a wait for it now.

7. TenTen Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 15:46

Wasn't expecting online play at all. I hope there is download play, that would be an added bonus. I'm a lot more interested in this game now

8. Smyrlie Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 18:39

The new multiplayer Hunter Mode is playable both online and locally

I can't wait for this game now! I wonder if the online play will be just with friends or with random people as well. Either way need this game!

9. MartinIsAwesome Friday 25th Jan 2013 at 19:56

The new multiplayer Hunter Mode is playable both online and locally

Ah! Stupid me. Thanks, I must have missed reading that.

10. HaydnRhys Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 10:10

Do you both need to have a copy of the game? It always annoys me when me and my friend want to play together but he hasn't got the game amd he won't be getting this simply because he doesn't have the money to.

11. mrmariomaster Sunday 27th Jan 2013 at 18:41

it shows a gunman clive trailer for me!

12. lazy_by_choice Monday 28th Jan 2013 at 03:03

Online play is definitely going to make this game way more fun...I mean the trailer just shows it all. I honestly didnt think they would enable an online feature but I'm glad they did; it looks hilarious. :D

13. Dalekbuster523 Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 17:37

This looks like the Ghostbusters videogame, only with Luigi instead of the new Ghostbusters member.