The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia tops Amazon's best sellers

Zelda book leads the pack in the US, is beaten by Paul Hollywood in the UK

Look at the top of Amazon.com's list of best selling books and you'll find The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia. That's right, a Zelda history book is beating Clean - Expanded Edition and Proof Of Heaven to take top spot in the US. Amazing!

It's a different story in the UK where Paul Hollywood's (him off Great British Bake Off) How To Bake and Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries 2 are ahead of it. Still, Hyrule Historia is placed at 24 in Amazon's list of best sellers which isn't bad. It even beats 200 Slow Cooker Recipes and The Hobbit. That's right, Zelda is more popular than The Hobbit. And lamb shanks.

The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is out now in the UK and if you've been following ONM for the past few years, you'll know that it is essential reading for all Zelda fans. For not only does it feature the official Zelda timelime but it includes bags of concept art from games such as Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.

Are you getting Hyrule Historia?

Comments

1. lrwr14 Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 15:18

Got my copy :). Will be reading that tonight

2. shy guy 64 Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 15:59

mine should arrive soon enough

3. adamatsu Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 16:04

got mine, it's wonderful and pretty cheap on amazon, lots of treats in there!

hate that annoying aliens advert tho :(

4. jaco_p Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 16:10

forgot about this! just ordered mine from amazon

5. JorWat Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 16:19

It's up to 5th on Amazon.co.uk now!

6. Dark nemisis Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 16:23

Looking forward to seeing mine when I get home. Really there is an advert in it!? It's a book not a magazine! That is terrible. I hope Nintendo got enough money for it because that is pretty disgusting. I hope this trend doesn't continue in any vain. I don't have much against adverts even though I don't like them. But when they are forced on you after you own the item its pretty disgraceful. I hope I can rip the page out.

7. sciqueen Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 16:37

The UK IS an island full of CoD-loving, Fifa worshipping, Sims-playing morons, so for Zelda to be that high on the list is quite good.

8. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 16:48

I just checked the bestsellers in books section myself and it's shot up to No. 5! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=sv_b_2

Also, the asking price has gone up a bit.

Meanwhile in the US, it looks like the Hyrule Historia is more popular than The Great Gatsby (y'know, that famous book by that bloke wot has that wife wot the series is named after).

9. KH81314 Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 17:24

Waiting for my copy to get here.

10. Bigtime Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 17:51

So am I the only person that pre-oredered that isn't getting it today'?

11. goomba_guy Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 17:59

Hyrule Hysteria

See what I did there.
    :wink:

12. Dark nemisis Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 18:06

Just opened my amazon.co.uk package. Wow it is much better than I expected and I expected every note Nintendo had on Zelda

13. Komodo_Wolfgang Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 19:04

I got mine yesterday. its sogood

14. PeterR Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 19:28

loving it so far, fun reading all the little notes on the artwork, a generally wonderful book.

also to dark nemesis I dont think there are any adverts in it, unless you count the bit which tells you what 25th anniversary stuff is around. was adamatsu referring to the advert on the onm site?

15. RainbowGazelle Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 21:16

So am I the only person who pre-ordered who isn't getting it today'?

Nope, I pre-ordered mine on Amazon and it hasn't even been dispatched yet!

16. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 21:31

Seems I'm the only one here who hasn't got/pre-ordered it yet!

If it's actually that good, though, thepokekid78 may have to dip into his vast Youtube profit and make an investment...

17. Joshua6213 Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 22:22

Just ordered mine! Can't wait!

18. Dark nemisis Tuesday 29th Jan 2013 at 22:58
  19. BattleGooseUK Wednesday 30th Jan 2013 at 09:09

I just ordered mine, but I'll be honest... that slow cooker recipe book is pretty enticing! Just bought a 5.5 litre slow cooker and I'll can't find enough things to put in it! It's a food black hole!!

20. Not_Yeti Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 19:07

Why must I be a child with no job?

21. LOZanges Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 20:38

It's #3 now! Although it's kinda ironic how #1 and #2 are dieting books. :lol:

22. AnotherCastle Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 01:27

I would be surprised if it wasn't! I'll be buying it once my wallet and I can see eye-to-eye again. Really want the concept art.

23. chazrinelli Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 22:00

I got it :) really interesting!!

24. HaydnRhys Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 22:53

Just ordered mine a couple of days ago, it should arrive some time in the Feb half term :D

25. Erdogan44 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 17:49

Hopefully going to get one for my Birthday next month.

Issue is, they seem to selling fast out of stock.