Animal Crossing 3DS UK release date to fall between April and June

One of 10 key titles coming to 3DS this year

The Animal Crossing: New Leaf release date is set to fall between April and June 2013. The first Animal Crossing 3DS game, which has been a huge success in Japan, looks to be the biggest 3DS game for the first half of the year.

Other games on the latest release schedule include Luigi's Mansion 2 (March), Fire Emblem: Awakening (April) and Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused (April) and Pokemon X and Y (October).

Super Smash Bros also appears on the schedule but the release date for the first handheld game in Nintendo's fighting series has yet to be confirmed.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf has sold 2.7 million copies in Japan, 700,000 of them being downloads.

During a financial briefing Iwata explained why New Leaf has been such a popular download: "Stock of the packaged version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf ran short as we could not increase production due to its customized ROM card using SLC-NAND memory last year. Also, the game is one that you can enjoy every day over a long period of time. Many consumers therefore have chosen its downloaded version and the number of sales has already surpassed 700,000 units, occupying one-fourth of the total number of sales, which is an unprecedented achievement."

Animal Crossing is one of 10 key 3DS titles coming this year.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 10:36

looking forward to it greatly

2. Francescamice Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 10:42

OMG - so looking forward to getting this !super excited! :lol:

3. vix_chan Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 11:01

Feels like i've been waiting forever for this game, Super Excited for it.

4. Tamzily01 Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 11:08

It's nice to finally have a rough idea of when it's getting released. Shame there's a lot of other great games being released in that period.

5. ledreppe Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 12:10

"The first animal crossing game for 3ds", seriously onm how many animal crossing games do you think there'll be for 3DS?!

6. CDS Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 12:35

I have a good feeling about this, mainly as I'll be able to spend a lot of time on it.
    I've got Mario Kart 7 to keep me occupied, as well as Sonic Generations. And with all these great games coming soon, it seems that my PSV will not be getting used as often. Oh well, who cares.
    ANIMAL CROSSING!

7. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 13:31

I'll probably go for this.

8. Wiimote Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 14:36

I was so excited when I read this that I was to excited to read anything else lol. Please be released on 5th April my birthday. Will definitely be getting this.

9. abovethewell Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 17:21

I'm really looking forward to new leaf, I loved Animal Forest and the previous Crossing games, so I am sure I'll be on this a lot. I would download it, if only it won't have the inevitable Ł40 price tag...

10. Waldy565 Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 17:37

I don't wanna wait anymore than anyone else, but I'm hoping for a June release, a) (selfish) it's nearer my birthday! and b) It'll give Ninty more time to polish the game! SUPER HYPED FOR THIS

11. wiill 64 Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 18:02

I've been wondering this for while, but does anyone know where to find Nintendo's UK/EU release schedule?
    They used to have them on the Nintendo website homepage, but since they changed the site I can't find release schedules for the UK anywhere.

12. Riverlution Thursday 31st Jan 2013 at 20:53

Downloading this game makes sense. I'll be playing it every day, but more for like ten-twenty minutes at a time. I think, even for the extra Ł10, I'll just be downloading. The only thing I miss is being able to choose which console to play on, and of course, the lovely boxes D:

13. Yinyanreshiram Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 13:58

Iv'e been waiting so long for this game to come out!.Seriously I haven't been this excited for a 3DS game since Kid Icarus was announced

14. TheNessInator Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 14:10

Cannot wait for this game,it will dominate my 3DS for months!

15. Tinstar5 Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 15:17

I really want this

16. TwoDaysAgo Sunday 3rd Feb 2013 at 10:04

I'm so excited! I've been waiting forever for this! I love Animal Crossing, as you can tell by my username (just ask K.K. to play Two Days Ago for you!). :)

17. Wrathie83 Sunday 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:49

Whoop whoop cannot wait!!!!! :mrgreen:

18. fisher2007 Sunday 3rd Feb 2013 at 15:06

looking forward to it greatly but I'm hoping it be release April it be good if it release that month not may or June. 8)

19. Waldy565 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 21:02

I've been watching an episode of Dara O'Briain's Science Club, about the brain, and having recently purchased a copy of Animal Crossing (GC) and it's made me realize why Animal Crossing is SO addictive. It's down to pattern recognition. The daily routine of getting out the house, talking to the villagers, searching for fossils, collecting fruit, visiting Tom Nook's shop... It's so complementary towards our own life: Waking up, listening to conversation (whether this be with another human or via the radio, television etc), doing tasks (same as collecting fruit or fishing) so the "addictiveness" of the game is actually the realisation of doing familiar tasks in the real world, all be it in the virtual world these are animal neighbours and the tasks are quite exciting (discovering a new fish or fossil, for example) ... So yeah, just wanted to get that out the way... :D

20. STUMPWEASEL Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 20:17

Ah, the excitement because Nintendo have announced the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be in April, May or June.

OK people, how is that time frame any different from Ninty saying the game will be a Quarter 2 release...? :shock:

Don't get me wrong, me and mine are very excited about this game. But come on people, all Ninty have done is name the months individually instead of saying Quarter 2 release. :x

I want an actual concrete date from them and none of the shenanigans we've so recently seen with Scribblenauts Unlimited or the delaying of Rayman.