There are 290 disguises in LEGO City Undercover

"There's so much to do outside of the story."

LEGO City: Undercover may not feature lots of playable characters like the other LEGO games but that doesn't matter because you can try on 290 different disguises!

As executive producer Loz Doyle explained in the February issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, these disguises help you enjoy many missions outside of the main story.

"There is a huge variety of gameplay outside of the story. In fact there's more than we had planned to include," said Doyle.

"There's so much more outside of the story. As a robber you can steal cars and try to outrun the police, take part in vehicle and free-running time trials, be a limousine driver, catch renegade aliens, rescue cats, put out fires... The list goes on."

It's starting to sound even more like GTA LEGO!

The LEGO City Undercover UK release date is scheduled for 28 March. You can read all about it in the new issue of ONM which is on sale now.

Comments

1. ledreppe Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 16:23

That's good to know, will look forward to trying to collect them all (as it is with Lego games).

2. Waldy565 Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 21:43

If I'm honest, I'm more excited for the "prequel" 3DS version :)

3. LavaTwilight Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 21:54

It looks brilliant and funny! So am I right in thinking that the 3DS is not just a different version of the game but actually acts as a PREQUEL?

4. CDS Friday 1st Feb 2013 at 22:14

This is getting way beyond epic now.
    I might have to consider getting one of these so called WiiU's for this game. :wink:

Seriously though, I have wanted this game ever since it was announced and called LEGO City Stories way back at E3 2011. We never even knew anything about it then!

5. jamesster Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 00:07

This is getting way beyond epic now.

I've wanted this game ever since it was briefly mentioned in LEGO's annual magazine "The Brick" back in 2009... All the magazine mentioned then is that it would be open world and have a loose central story with side missions. :P

6. Knightendo Saturday 2nd Feb 2013 at 10:09

I've only played a couple of Lego games briefly but I always liked the idea of them. I've been wanting to play a proper open world game, never thought it'd be Lego, or look this much fun though! This is definitely my next essential purchase!