Sonic: 'We've got some great stuff coming this year,' say Sega

What could it be?

Hedgehog Day passed without a Sonic The Hedgehog announcement but Sega has assured Sonic fans that they've got some great stuff coming up in 2013.

Wishing fans a Happy Hedgehog Day, Sega posted the following message on theirblog:

"On February 2nd in 1994, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was released in the US, and it was dubbed "Hedgehog Day". For the past few years, we've revived this day as a holiday for all Sonic fans. We've got some great stuff coming up this year, but we're not ready to talk about it just yet."

The first Sonic game to be released this year will be Sonic The Hedgehog All Stars Racing Transformed which is coming to 3DS this week but, other than that, we don't know what's in store for Sonic this year.

Of course it's the Winter Olympics in 2014. Can we expect Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games? Would do you want from Sonic this year?

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 10:30

it'll be interesting to see what

2. MartinIsAwesome Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 11:18

Despite being a die-hard fan of Sonic, and as strange as it sounds, I wouldn't mind at all if there wasn't a new main Sonic game this year. I'm quite happy at the moment with Sonic Colours and both versions of Sonic Generations. To me the franchise has been on good form so I'd like to see this trend continue. If that means I have to wait until 2014 for the next one, that's fine by me.

EDIT: My 3000th post would have to be about Sonic, wouldn't it. Bloody typical.

3. imbusydoctorwho Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 13:51

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another Olympic game this year,but hopefully we'll get a sequel to Colours.

4. Herbert_Rarr Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 15:42

Make another Sonic Advance 1 style game goddammit! And p*** off with the Sonic Rush style - it was awful.

5. Mew3 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 16:12

Something like advance or the ds games, but I'll be happy if it has a chao garden like adventure. Not another olympic games one though

6. shadowlugia101 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 16:29

i know some count heroes and 06 as this, but i would love to see sonic adventure 3 come one day. as sonic adventure 2 battle is one of the best games I've ever played in all my life

7. Tamzily01 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 16:31

I thought Unleashed was Sonic Adventure 3, given the Japanese title of it.

8. 5OUNDWAVE Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 16:32

as long as it's 2d i'm in , 3d sonic just doesn't do it for me !

9. ledreppe Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 16:56

Another Sonic Colours style game, that's my favourite 3D sonic.

10. KH81314 Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 16:57

I wouldn't mind seeing another Sonic Game. Sonic Colours was a very good game.

11. Darkblizz Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 20:26

Chronicles 2 please, Sega!

12. CDS Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 20:40

SEGA, just give us our wishes, and make-

Ultimate Chao Garden; take care of the chao as Sonic, playing through a range of stages to get more chao, emblems, and animals/chaos drives as you try to uncover the mystery of Cream's missing Chao, Cheese.

13. Riverlution Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 22:10

Sonic Adventure 3. If it is built like the other two then it will be awesome.

14. Pyron12 Tuesday 5th Feb 2013 at 08:26

Ok... I am going to say (And I know someone won't agree because of Generations) a remake of Sonic Adventure 2. Generation was taking a stage from ALL sonic games. If they remade this in HD, I would buy it to relive the experience.

15. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 5th Feb 2013 at 13:08

Sega just recently released a downloadable upscaled-to-HD version of it. Besides Sega don't like to remake Sonic games, they prefer to rip them off and call them sequels.

16. Dalekbuster523 Tuesday 5th Feb 2013 at 17:13

The 'great stuff' will obviously be a new Sonic platformer for all consoles.

17. LOZanges Thursday 7th Feb 2013 at 17:57

I wanna see a Sonic game about all the different characters in the Sonic universe, reminiscent of Sonic adventure DX. All their stories could link, leading to the true ending. Some characters could have classic Sonic style gameplay, others modern style and some, they would be different. No gimmicks, no nothing. Just true, Sonic gameplay.