Why delaying Rayman Legends is the wrong decision

Chandra Nair believes Ubisoft will find it hard to rebuild the faith with Nintendo fans

Despite having known about the possibility of this happening for a few weeks now, it shocked me how angry I still was then this was announced yesterday. So angry in fact that I thought it best to sleep on it before I wrote this blog. Rayman Legends, one of the few games that really embraced what the Wii U was all about, has been delayed until September so that it can be released on all major formats.

Before I start, I want to make one plea to the masses. Don't be angry at the development team. The two Wii U teams at Ubisoft Montpellier are some of the most talented people I have ever met. The Studio team brought us ZombiU.

The Villa team, led by the legendary Michel Ancel, have been beavering away on Rayman Legends for some time now. They are one of the most passionate, friendly, dedicate teams I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

When I visited them last August I quietly watched from afar as Ancel led a creative debrief. They didn't even know I was there and it was amazing to watch how excited they were about the new Rayman developments. They're the kind of team that really deserves to be under a Nintendo umbrella. They were one of the few teams who jumped on the Wii U with all guns blazing. Whether it was the GamePad usage, multiplayer or NFC experimentation, the Villa team were there at the forefront.

Don't blame the developers

The team have been working their behinds off to get this game finished in time for its 28 Feb launch and you can be sure that the decision to delay the game came as a massive shock to them. I feel really bad for them but I also feel really sorry for the PR and marketing types who have worked with us to promote the game, market a demo and get the various builds and assets out to people over the past six months. The presence of a playable demo proves that the game was very close to being finished and was in 'launch phase'.

This decision had nothing to do with any of these people and, as with so many bad decisions in this world, it was made by someone who is completely separate from the roots level processes and makes a call based on a spreadsheet. Hey, that's business. Difficult decisions have to be made but this was the wrong decision.

As far as brand exercises go, this was a bad one and Ubisoft is going to find it hard to rebuild the faith that has been lost.

Ultimately, the anger doesn't stem from the fact that this game is no longer an exclusive.

We all knew deep down that it would come out on other formats eventually. It's the nature of the delay and the way in which Ubisoft has gone about it that has angered people.

Rayman Legends was a reason to buy a Wii U

The Wii U is not an investment made lightly. £250 is not mere pennies. Reasons to buy a Wii U at launch included the Miiverse community, ZombiU, Mario, Nintendo Land... and Rayman Legends.

Previous 1 2 Next page

Comments

1. lupaie Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:23

Poor devs, I really feel sorry for them (http://zonaforo.meristation.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=2047583). Only losers because of this Marketing decision. The DEVS, Nintendo, The WiiU gamers, and Ubi themselves. Raymans would have sold really well because there is NOTHING else to buy between now to end March. By posponing it to September they automatically sell less. There a so many big budget releases by then (GTA5 anybody)

I dare to question if the combined Xbox360, PS3 and WiiU sales in September would equal the sales of a solo WiiU release in Februari.

UNLESS: Rayman is targeted for Next gen consoles ps4 and Nexbox...then it will be a launch game..and sell loads!

Translated by a forum buddy
    I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decission taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're p**sed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that crappy

2. CaptainSnivy Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:31

Who cares if they're delaying that game's release? If they release it earlier, the game would probably be awful and bad quality, so just be patient. Patience is a virtue. It's like people who think SSBB 4 should be released as early as this year - just wait. Give Nintendo time.

3. Phil Wing Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:32

It's such a kick in the teeth to us early Wii U adopters.

So far what is February bringing to the Wii U? I'm not going to regret my purchase because I really enjoy playing the few games I have, but nothing worth buying till the end of March now? Wow, talk about huge disappointment. The fact the game is complete for Wii U is just insulting.

4. tomonm Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:33

I think you misunderstand. The Wii U game is finished and was ready for release on 28 February. The delay is simply because Ubisoft want to bring it to all formats at the same time.

5. MicroLovePony Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:35

I think a bigger concern at the moment is the serious lack of Wii U titles coming out now. With Rayman and Scribblenauts delayed what do we have? Monster Hunter is a game a lot of us played to death on the Wii already and LEGO City looks like it might be pretty fun. Aliens is shaping up to be disappointing if first impressions are anything to go by and as far as Pikmin and Wonderful 101 go we have no idea when they're coming beside a vague summer release.

The Wii U isn't selling too well and this barren line-up isn't going to help matters.

6. oh dae su Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:35

Excellent article Chandra. Angry but with common sense. Well done.

7. ToxicJosh Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:42

This delay has taken this game from an almost certain purchase to a non-issue for me.

Why should I invest my time, interest and money in a game from a company that doesn't care enough about me as a consumer to release a finished game when I have the time to play it? By the time it does come out I'll have lost interest.

And I'm doubly annoyed because literally yesterday I played through the demo with a friend of mine and had a blast, said I was seriously considering picking it up in the near future, only to get this slap in the face when I went on the internet.

8. CaptainSnivy Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 11:49

Oh, I didn't notice that. Well I can see why people who were planning to get this game at the end of this month are annoyed, but you can still understand why they did it from a financial perspective. Maybe if you're lucky Ubisoft might see their faults and release the Wii U version earlier.

9. onmsam Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 12:18

why release at the same time, they have bo reason when the game is complete so the game now be left month just for last gen consoles :evil:

10. Johny G Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 12:29

Chandra's article about this was spot and I am disgusted with the lack of 3rd party support for the Wii U. I was looking forward to both Scribblenaughts and Rayman Legends and it is disappointing to have two top games delayed within such a short space of time. Ubisoft have got a lot to answer for and 5th Cell also need to get their act together. Wii U sales may have prompted the games being put back but how can Nintendo expect to sell their console if there is no 3rd party support. Rayman Legends was meant to rival Mario Wii U - My favourite game of all time and we have been let down badly.

11. MartinIsAwesome Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 12:31

Personally, I feel sorry for Nintendo themselves. I imagine that they have been looking forward to Rayman Legends making waves and attracting more gamers that aren't specifically Nintendo fans and gain some new consumers. Now it seems the only chance of attracting a new consumer base is when Bayonetta 2 is ready.

12. onmsam Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 12:44

NL: Do you find the Wii U to be more powerful than the 360 and PS3?
    JK: In a word yes – it’s very capable, and we’re taking advantage of this to bring greater graphical fidelity to the Wii U version of Sniper Elite V2.
    check the website for the interview because good stuff is said about wii u
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... ve_version

13. ShinKagato Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 12:49

Agree completely with this article, i was looking forward to playing the game, it has been on my pre-order list on shopto since it was announced as a launch title. It was delayed for a few months so i picked up Mario instead (which is a great game) but still i was looking forward to Rayman. Then this happens, i just dont understand how short sighted a publisher can be. They have moved the game to September, a month that has a lot of heavy hitters coming for all formats, if i remember correctly they released the last Rayman game around that time and it did not sell well until various stores dropped the price to sub Ł20 mark. I honestly dont think they will sell more copies, i think they will sell less this way, there will still be people who feel cheated and wont touch it, there will be people who have a choice between Rayman and a bigger budget game and will obviously opt for the big budget tripple A title.

The way i see it now is, Rayman is lost and regardless of how amazing the title will be it wont sell enough for Ubi and they will retire the brand again for a few years, ZombiU will be renamed and launched on the 360 and PS3 to try and make up lost money and it will sell nothing because everything that made the game unique will be removed. The new console will be announced at E3 and a lot of people will stop buying current gen games and wait for those, Ubisoft will double down on those machines and abandon Nintendo like they did with the original Wii.

14. ninjafox Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:08

This is what frustrates me as well, Rayman Legends for Wii U is ready right now and come 28th February/1st March it should be on shop shelves.
    Yes not as many Wii U's have been sold as Nintendo and Ubisoft hoped so the potential sales of the game are reduced but it would have still sold come 1st March.
    Also if the Wii U version was already out when the PS3/360 version launched in September there would be another spark of interest in the Wii U version due to advertising and who knows the Wii U version may have come down in price so Ubisoft wouldn't loose any sales just increase potential sales.

15. Gorsewaygirl Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:12

Haven't bought a Wii U yet. Want one but I'm not going to make the same mistake as I did with the 3DS. I bought a 3DS at launch excited by the prospect of Animal Crossing's imminent release - that didn't happen either and I am still waiting :0( Rayman was one of those games that would have made me get a Wii U. But it's being released in the run up to Christmas when money is tight and I can play it on my 360 now so I needn't bother with a Wii U until there is a software release I con't live without. Shame isn't it...

16. eroslanith Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:21

probably would have brought Rayman for Wii U this month or next as I have barely any Wii U titles at the moment and there's not a great deal due out except for Tomb Raider. In fact I've hardly touched the console except for when friends come over to play Nintendo Land or multiplayer Mario. By the time September hits I'll probably be busy thinking about GTA V, FFXIII-3, Tales of Xillia, new Pokemon titles etc. Oh well, no sale from me anymore Ubi.

17. Layton link Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:25

To be honest I am incrediably happy with this news...means I get to play it.Is it the wrong decision? possibly..but as a consumer and a person who has no reason to buy a wii U iam happy that I can get another great rayman game for a console i am interested in.

18. NeonJ Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:39

I never much liked Ubisoft in the first place, for what they did to the DS market. Rayman Origins started to redeem themselves, but then they just pulled Legends back and lied. (Though to be fair, I can't actually remember any Ubisoft games I actually enjoyed other than Rayman 2, 3 and Origins. No, I haven't played Assassin's Creed, so that doesn't count. Not my kind of game.)

Though to be fair, I'm delaying my WiiU purchase until there are games on there which I don't already have on my PC.

19. AaronMclaren Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 13:43

Awesomely written article, Chandra. :)

20. Shinnos Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:00

This was a great article about a terrible decision Chandra. Well reasoned and also obviously personal.

While I wasn't that interested in Rayman Legends – I bought Rayman Origins, but found the platforming to be "too floaty" for my liking – I agree that this is the wrong decision. And as you say, it's not about the game no longer being a Wii U exclusive – these days isn't the word "exclusive" when used for console titles nearly always followed by "for x-amount of months" in tiny letters? – but the fact that a game that was so very nearly ready for release, is now being delayed for over half a year, to enable a multi-format release! And 7 months is a long time in gaming. While Rayman Legends might have stood out now among the slightly sparse Wii U release schedule, by September it's going to be competing for space alongside numerous titles, some of which may be employing features which Ubisoft had originated, but will now appear derivative.

One thing I didn't really understand from your comments Chandra was this:

"Ubisoft wants to delay the Wii U version because the existence of an alternative version will make the game less attractive to PS360 owners when it eventually launches."

But surely that is still going to be the case, regardless of whether it's a simultaneous release, or the Wii U version had come out when it was suppose to? The Wii U version will be able to incorporate features on the gamepad that the PS360 versions just won't be able to, so the different versions won't be exactly the same. If anything, it would have seemed to have made sense to release the Wii U version as intended, giving it 7 months as an exclusive title, and then release the PS360 versions with additional content to appease that audience (which is similar to the way that titles like Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed III have treated their release on the Wii U, long after the other systems have had the games, including all the DLC and stuff).

21. imbusydoctorwho Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:05

Releasing it at the same time GTA 5 is being released is a suicidal.

22. danbish Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:24

We invested in hardware because we wanted to play your game. We said nice things about your game. We told our friends about your game. We told people to buy a Wii U because of your game. We invested a huge chunk of emotion and expectation into your brand. And what did you do? You screwed us.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Rayman Legends was one of the main reasons to buy a WiiU at launch for a lot of people and Ubi have now effectively said a big 'up yours' to everyone as its so close to launch day. The dev team mist be seething about it considering the work they've put into it in your article.

Yet another kick in the teeth for being a Nintendo fan.

My worry now is, that other publishers will follow suit. As if WiiU isn't having a hard enough time already and with its version of multi-format games not getting a mention other than "later" - Aliens Colonial Marines I'm looking at you here. If publishers aren't going to take the console seriously, then it doesn't look good for the future. I really hope I'm wrong though...

Very well written to Chandra, congrats.

23. Waldy565 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:40

On page 2, you made a real good point that Legends is gonna be over-shadowed by all the goodies Nintendo has for us :D. Honestly, I played the demo, and it hasn't excited me, which is very strange considering I adored Origins when I rented it. Maybe it's the realistic graphics, or the features that take it away from being a "pure" platformer, example - Murphy Gamepad's inclusion. It's good, yes, but GIMMICKY! Really gimmicky... So yes, it's not on my list, I wasn't that interested, and now it's been delayed, I'll probably forget about it... which is a shame really...

24. Waldy565 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:53

<deleted> ALIEN THING POPPING UP, FREEZING MY COMPUTER! Sorry, rant over, I can understand why it's on ONM, but damn, it freezed my computer... Anyway, Martin, I completely agree with you. Nintendo haven't exactly been the "go-to" company when a developer wants to release a game, and any exclusive game for their console either ends up going multi-platform or ends up being a commercial disaster. I hope that Pikmin 3 and LEGO City Undercover can bring some well needed funds to the amazing Wii U before all the E3 announcements, but I have doubts in the back of my mind that TT will keep Undercover exclusive... Maybe it's because of this news :( To re-phrase: Poor Nintendo!

25. debris Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 15:06

Rayman coming to 360 and PS3 doesnt bother me, what bothers me is that we now have to wait and dont see the reason why Ubisoft would do this, does this even make good business sense, are Gearbox delaying the release of Aliens Colonial Marines until the WiiU version is ready, No, its out next week on PS3 and 360 and the WiiU gets it sometime in march I think, or god knows when, do we actually have a release date for it?, I know things like this can happen with new console launches but this really is a kick in the nuts for a lot of people.

26. Documental Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 15:52

Nintendo fans are angry, I can imagine the scores of 360 and PS3 fans are pretty pleased right now though. Seriously, it's been like this since the N64, if you buy a Nintendo console then it should generally be for the 1st-party support, just don't expect much 3rd-party.

27. JoeOdranDoran Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 15:53

This article gets everything right. I'm so blind, bloody furious with this whole affair. I can suddenly understand how some gamers can spend months raging about something on internet forums (aka, the Mass Effect controversy)

There's a petition online that people are signing to have Rayman released on the original date. If people are interested, it's right here: http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-keep-to-the-original-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u

28. Dwarph Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 16:24

summarised my thoughts perfectly

29. Da_Epic_Fail Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 16:25

Multiplat didn't annoy me, in fact I expected Ubisoft to announce it eventually since Origins was on literally every platform this current gen, and i'm happy that Legends gets a wider audience. I'm not even annoyed at the delay anymore, since i'm still gonna end up with Legends in my Wii U at some point.

What I am annoyed at is that releasing Legends in Q4 is franchise suicide. Going up against GTA5 (which is more event then game at this point), Pokémon X and Y and Nintendo's offerings on Wii U and whatever else is coming out on 360/PS3, gets announced at E3 or even the new consoles. This is worse then Origins' situation. Rayman deserves better than Ubisoft, seeing as how Origins was one of the best platformers of this generation (upstaging even Mario recently) and that was sent to die as well. Michel Ancel's team deserve better then Ubisoft as all their hard crunch time has been rendered useless at the last second and made the last six months of pain worthless, and Nintendo deserves better for doing all the legwork to make Legends a success, to even clearing a huge hole in the Wii U's release schedule which i'm sure Nintendo could have filled if they hadn't had Legends on their side.

The only solution is to make sure the best-selling version is the Wii U one, so the devs still make money, get to keep their jobs and keep Rayman alive. It shows Nintendo fans want third party games. It also would show Ubisoft that the monkey in the suit who decided to delay the game for Wii U so it could release at the same time as the PS3/360 versions is the one who deserves the chopping block.

/rant :)

30. liveswired Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 17:42

I don't have a Wii U but I can see why Wii U users will be miffed.

Really are the pennies that tight at Ubisoft HQ or are the FATCAT Execs keeping all the money for their self congratulatory bonuses?

It makes no sense to release the Wii U version at a time when the Wii U schedule will probably be packed.

31. Argenthor Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 18:01

Being a student I don't get as many games as I would like. To be completely honest, by the time that this is released it will be much less of a big deal. The Wii U will have killer games, the next-gen xbox and ps3 will be coming out soon and there is very little that can be shown about the game that will make re-gain people's interest - just because we've played the demo and seen the videos.

In short, there was a high chance that I would get it this month. Now... probably not.

32. Riverlution Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 18:31

Rayman Legends was the ONE game above all that I wanted on Wii U. I bought the Wii U and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival for what feels like forever, just to be told two minutes away from getting my hands on it... "Nope, you can't have it yet!"

Screw you Ubisoft. Business decision or not, who do you think you hurt the most with this stunt? Its us. The gamers who bought a Nintendo Console AT LAUNCH for your game. The gamers who are most loyal to Nintendo and its exclusive. For once I had a third party game I could brag about being on a Nintendo system. But no, not even a timed exclusive now.

Think about the fans, you promised so many people that if they bought a Wii U they would have your game. And you think releasing the game now is going to hurt sales on the other two consoles? If people so desperately want the game, they'll either wait til its released on their format of choice, or come to Nintendo for it.

I just... Don't even know. This is a huge middle finger up to your loyal fans, and we are hurt.

33. Mr Roboto Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 18:41

Lets release Rayman in September at the same time as GTA that won't hurt sales at all! :roll:

As GTA is now delayed until September as well,maybe that means there's going to be a Wii U version :mrgreen:

What's the harm of releasing Rayman now on Wii U and get a few months exclusivity before the other formats?

34. harrogatewario Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 18:50

Apart from Nintendoland (and the 30p Balloon Fight) all my WiiU purchases so far have been deliberately aimed at 3rd party titles to try and show as Nintendo gamers we want their games.

I've never really bothered with Rayman and I haven't played the demo yet, but when I finish ZombiU and Mass Effect 3 over the next couple of weeks I'm going to need something else to play. I haven't bought NSMBU because I'd decided I would give Legends the platformer slot and had looked at either Assasins Creed 3 or Darksiders 2 for my other time-killer. ZombiU has impressed me so I thought I'd give your games the nod.

Well Ubi this decision by your suits has lost you 2 game sales this month, as I do not feel as a WiiU owner you deserve my hard-earned moola. So Darksiders 2 it is and probably Mario (although I may change this to Batman).

And given the response both on here and on Miiverse from across Europe (French and German anger abound) I am not alone!

35. linkmarth29 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 21:18

It's just annoying. I was looking forward to so many games, and now they're all getting delayed. I'm going to wait for animal crossing and fire emblem (the latter I was going to buy first anyway) I think I just look forward to things to much. :(

36. debris Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 22:27

After all the backlash from fans it seems as a olive branch from Ubisoft WiiU will be getting a new demo, hhhmmm it's a bit like rubbing our noses in it isn't it?!

37. dosh575 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 23:13

They're not delaying it to improve the quality, they're doing it so they can release it at the same time with the ps360 versions, which in my opinion is a stupid move. I agree with you on the SSBB 4 topic though.

38. dosh575 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 23:17

Nintendo need these exclusives if they want to make any hardware sales. Unfortunately, they just can't trust other companies for reasons just like this one.

39. Jakrabbit Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 04:46

Rayman Legends is no system seller just another 2d platformer that would be just at home on an ipad as it would any console. And lack of games on the wii u is solely nintendo's fault, i mean to release a new console without at least 1 aaa exclusive in the first 3 months is plain stupid if you you wan't to drive good sales numbers.

40. Mr Roboto Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 16:08

Exactly!

Why couldn't Nintendo start porting/upscaling The Wind Waker earlier to get it ready for the Wii U's launch.

If it wasn't for Zombi U I would of waited for Zelda or Mario before buying the Wii U.

The other games I have played already on PS3.

I hope lego city and monster hunter are good games when the finally come out.

What's the harm of releasing Rayman now on Wii U and start to recover development costs?

41. S0raBuzz Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 16:23

Not only do they have to compete with Zelda on the Wii U but they'll probably have to compete with GTA5 on PS3/360 as well. I'm pretty sure most PS3/360 owners would pick GTA over Rayman. I only mention those consoles because I doubt GTA5 will come to Wii U but yeah GTA and Zelda are two of the biggest franchises in gaming, most games don't stand a chance against them.

42. me4ndubz Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 17:29

You spoke my mind perfectly in this article! I was really looking forward to Rayman at launch along with Pikmin 3 but oh well. I guess I'll just have to stick to my 3DS for the time being

43. Djquackquack Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 17:32

I guess Ubisoft doesn't want to go the way of THQ, so it's stuffing it's pockets with as much cash as it can. It's a shame that in doing so they alienated all of the fans who bought a Wii U to play their game.

44. HaydnRhys Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 12:16

I have to say, this will still be a day 1 purchase for me regardless of when it's released. But I'm so annoyed that it's been put back. Autumn is always crammed with big releases and I was already planning on buying Wind Waker, Pofessor Layton 6, Pokemon X and Yoshi's Yarn (depending on its release date). I had everything planned out, down to the last penny. :evil:

On a more general note, why is autumn always so crammed? Why not release games at a steady rate rather than cramming then all into a 3 month period?

45. abovethewell Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 12:37

The WiiU delay is a real blow to Nintendo, full stop. However, I'm happy that the game is going multiplatform- more exposure of Rayman to the world, better recognized character, more games released! :D Mind you, releasing it during the Cod/Assassin's Creed release month is a bad decision, I fear it will all go under the radar :(

46. Mrslider101 Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 12:55

I wasn't planning on getting this game anyway but it's not right that they've done this to fans who have waited ages for it! They could at least release it on the Wii U and then the PS3 and Xbox later on...

47. Tinstar5 Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 18:52

If they get Legends we get GTA 5. It's as simple as that.

48. scotty30717 Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 19:28

Yeah but they already delayed it at launch until February. They've now said the Wii U version is completely finished and it wasn't rushed. They're just delaying it again so they can port it over to the other consoles and then release them all at the same time.

49. ChandraONM Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:34

I'm not sitting on a fence; I'm trying to understand all sides of the argument to present a balanced article.
    I think I've been pretty clear that Ubisoft's actions have angered me.

What Ubisoft chooses to do with its games has got nothing to do with Nintendo. Ubisoft is the developer, publisher and distributor.

I hear what you say Chandra, but you seem to be sitting on the fence a bit. Either it was a Wii u launch game or it was not. It was advertisted as such and so it should go on sale this month. Nintendo should not have lead us to believe it was a launch game unless they had the paperwork signed to that effect.

I have not bought a Wii u yet, but was going to on the day Rayman was released. I was not impressed enough with the launch games to buy one before now. Even Super Mario Bros. could not make me part with Ł300, although I may have bought it eventally.

I bet there are a lot of people like me out there, who are able to afford a Wii u but are just not impressed enough to buy one.

With a few new 3ds games due soon, that will keep me going for a while, so any idea of me buying a Wii u can wait, and that I think is Nintendo's problem.

I see that they are offering a pro controller and a copy of Nintendo Land FREE in some US Zombi bundles. I wonder what they have planned for the UK.