Scribblenauts Unlimited removed from the Wii U eShop

Nintendo apologises after the delayed game appeared on the Wii U digital store this morning

Nintendo have removed Scribblenauts Unlimited from the Wii U eShop after 5th Cell's game appeared on the console's digital store by mistake this morning.

Despite being delayed for Wii U and 3DS in Europe, ONM readers contacted us this morning to make us aware that Scribblenauts Unlimited was available to download on Wii U. However, Nintendo have now removed the game and apologised for the confusion.

Nintendo told ONM: "Scribblenauts Unlimited for Wii U which was recently delayed for Europe was made available today to download on the Nintendo eShop for a short period of time. This title has now been removed from the Nintendo eShop. We are very sorry for any confusion this may have caused and we hope to make further announcements on the European launch of these games very soon."

You can read our review of Scribblenauts Unlimited in issue 91 of Official Nintendo Magazine which is out now.

Comments

1. MartinIsAwesome Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:04

Oops. That's a bit embarrassing. To be fair though, it's not like it's the first time a game has been released unfinished, and at least this time it was by accident and quickly corrected.

2. deKay Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:05

Have they actually explained what the delay is yet?

3. Aboyandhissequel Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:08

Yeah well I received my copy from Amazon today anyway! Obviously a bit wary of playing it, though surely there is nothing majorly wrong with it...

4. Slinkington Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:08

My question is, what happened to the people who managed to start downloading it? Did anyone actually end up with it..?

5. wolfboy300 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:09

I hope that they give us a reason soon for this delay.

6. L_A Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:11

This delay keeps getting weirder and weirder.

7. RainbowGazelle Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 14:58

Yes some people did get it and it's working fine for them. They have no idea why it is delayed as it works.

8. lrwr14 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 15:17

They probably decided to do a Ubisoft and release it on Xbox 360 and PS3.

9. LOZanges Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 15:48

The moment I read that comment I ran to check my mailbox. Zavvi I hate you!!!!!!

10. deKay Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 15:59

It's not Zavvi's fault Amazon messed up!

11. LOZanges Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 16:14

It's not Zavvi's fault Amazon messed up!

Zavvi should be more like Amazon, you see, messing up is the future of happy gamers!

12. Serebii Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 16:44

Since ShopTo didn't send mine, I took a chance when I was notified of this, downloaded it and have been playing most of the afternoon.

It's awesome :D

Plus I get like 5 back thanks to the Nintendo Network stuff :D

13. inuyashaDS Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 17:03

It's awesome :D

Plus I get like 5 back thanks to the Nintendo Network stuff :D

Really? So, there hasn't been any glitches or anything? Weird how you seem like the only person who was able to download it.

14. Serebii Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 17:05

It's awesome :D

Plus I get like 5 back thanks to the Nintendo Network stuff :D

A few friends of mine managed to as well.

It was up for around 12 hours from midnight until just before midday so plenty of time

15. Tinstar5 Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 17:26

My friend got it and he says it works just fine... They delay won't be for too long hopefully

16. Riverlution Friday 8th Feb 2013 at 18:33

Whats with all the mistakes and delays all of a sudden? I don't want the game, but why is it even delayed? Surely if it was glitchy, they could have just patched it :/

17. Mariofan456 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 10:17

Has anyone else also noticed that the scribblenauts game has appeared in warawara plaza 8) 8)

18. CyberGW Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 16:42

Yeah. Probably mainly due to so many people complaining about the delay.

19. ThePokekid78 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 17:54

It's awesome :D

Plus I get like 5 back thanks to the Nintendo Network stuff :D

He's Serebii, he can do anything with his god-like powers.

20. deKay Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 20:42

It's been there since launch day for me.

21. chazrinelli Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 10:59

Anyone hope this happens with Rayman?

22. goldenmushroom Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 12:18

it's out in america so there shouldn't be any problems with it.
    but why the delay then

23. deKay Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 21:38

it's out in america so there shouldn't be any problems with it.
    but why the delay then

The US version isn't in 5 languages.

24. Greene-Stuff Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 13:00

Lucky for the people who managed to download it :L

25. deKay Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 13:57

If it was a "minor" delay, that means it's out this week, right?

Right?

26. STUMPWEASEL Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 22:09

Aaagh, I've been havering over whether or not to take the plunge and buy a Wii U - the one game that had almost clinched the deal has been been pulled.

If the game is out in the US, what on earth can be so offensive or upsetting to our European sensibilities that the release is pulled just two days before the launch date...? :? Apologies are one thing but I do think Nintendo should elaborate and give us a little more information on why they took this decision.

Instead, there's a lot of frustrated and angry people out there. And then Ubi go and pull Rayman instead of pushing it as a Wii U exclusive...

27. deKay Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 08:31

It hasn't been pulled. It's been delayed.

28. STUMPWEASEL Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 18:42

It hasn't been pulled. It's been delayed.

True, delayed would have been a better word. But you must agree that it was pulled out of it's original slot at very short notice.