Your best Pokemon X and Y Starters

The results are in! Find out who is your favourite Starter...

Last month we asked you which Starter Pokemon you would be picking in Pokemon X and Y. Nearly 3,000 votes later and we have the results. Will it be Froakie, Fennekin or Chespin? Well, you only need to glance down the page a bit to see that it isn't Froakie!

3. Froakie

Froakie was my least favourite of the Starter Pokemon. Mainly because it is just a frog and, as such, follows in a long line of Pokemon who are just animals. Wailord? Why not just call it Whale and be done with it.

Anyway, judging by the Pokemon X and Y trailer, Froakie has a Fighting move as well as his Water attack.

Well, there's the possibility that he might have some strong physical attributes built around his source material's hopping abilities. There's also the chance he might know some new foam attacks, as indicated by the weird, sudsy stuff around his neck... Hmm, we're still coming up short on reasons to pick him over the other two, but we're going to wait for more details on the guy before we make up our minds.

You say

"Froakie is what I am chosing for the first time. I hope it evolves into something good and awesome." - PikachuKJ

"Why is Froakie last its not as if we have already had lots of frog pokemon! Oh wait..." - VinceLovesToast

"I personally think Chespin and Froakie are fine, although we probably have enough pokefrogs to make me feel that Froakie is a bit unnecessary and his evolution should provide a sufficient payoff." - Nintendalek42

Previous 1 2 3 Next page

Comments

1. harraseda Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 11:31

I agree with this list. Fenekin is my favourite and although it does look a little basic, I really don't like the designs of the other two. Although I have picked grass since my first pokemon game (Pearl), Chespin doesn't really look that great. Then again, they might have some Final Evos that are much better looking than the Basics.

2. Nintendalek42 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 11:37

Yay, thanks for citing me :D ! I'm happy my personal choice won, but I must admit I feel the other starters have more potential than last generation's. X and Y can't come soon enough!

3. PikachuKJ Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 12:44

Thanks for quoting me. I am still picking Froakie as I promised my sister that she could have the fire starter. Also my sister got quoted for tepig when pokemon black and white came out so it is nice that our family loves pokemon enough to comment on the starters for the last 2 gens.

4. shadowlugia101 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 14:08

not surprising that fennekins the most popular, but if it evolves into a fire/fighting then it can kiss that popularity goodbye

5. neko paul Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 15:19

No surprise there

6. shy guy 64 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 16:51

figures

7. me4ndubz Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 17:26

How predictable :D

8. Medevac Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 17:46

Fire is always voted the best in the Pokemon community. Sometimes I have no clue why (like this time). Maybe it's because fire is 'cool'.

9. kirlia trainer Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 17:49

This list is identical with my list of starters in the sixth generation.

10. Mmmyeah Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 18:36

I like Chespin the most, but to me it resembles Oshawott quite a bit, and I picked that in White, so maybe I could go for a change. But my second favourite, is Froakie, and thats a water type!

I might just wait until I see the evolutions.

11. Tamzily01 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 18:40

I'm currently torn between Chespin and Fennekin right now. I've slowly began to warm up to the former, and Fennekin has been a clear favourite of mine from the announcement trailer. However, no matter which one I pick, Froakie is going to miss out. It just doesn't compare to any of the previous water starters.

12. Tailzy Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 18:45

Wait what.

13. rayquaza9999 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 18:50

Well ONM don't agree with popular opinion which puts Chespin first, Froakie second and Fennikin last!

14. King Slazo Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 20:52

Your opinion =/= popular opinion

15. Charismatichris Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 22:24

is it any surprise Fire types will always be the best i always go for fire types. Water types are okay but kinda weak and I dont like grass types at all they dont have a lot of advantages they got tons of weaknesses and i have never liked the look of the grass starters Never like Bulbasaur, Hated Chikorita, did not like Turtwig only liked his final form Torrterra.

The only grass types i liked were Snivy and Treecko they both Looked AWESOME. But it always will be fire types for me

16. FamilyGAMEGuy8 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 22:32

My picks are the reverse of this...going for Froakie

17. marioman268 Saturday 9th Feb 2013 at 23:30

Yay thanks for mentioning my post :D

18. Pyron12 Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 09:51

Spoiler Alert Serebii confirmed that the starters will be pure.

19. abovethewell Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 12:22

I'm gonna pick Froakie- it loks awful and no one will pick him. Meaning easy breed trades >:D Also, I never use starters or legendary Pokemon anyway, but Chespin looks awesome xD :P

20. KH81314 Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 13:49

Frokie is the worst in my opinion but I think chespin looks the best.

21. K-tet Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 15:30

This is just based on aesthetics correct?

I'll make my own judgement once stats, movepool and typing come to the fore.

22. alexkinch Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 16:55

I will get the frog because people will always want the fire type. Advantage me teehee

23. TheSlenderman Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 17:23

Woo, I got myself quoted!!!
    Shame that chespin didn't get no. 1 spot, but hey; it's only an opinion at the end if the day!!

24. Twinkle Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 19:41

My favourite starter got picked- Fennekin! I can't wait to get Pokemon X and to choose that cute fire fox right away! :)

25. Pokemon Luke Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 19:51

To Be Honest, Fennekin Looks Like A Vulpix With The Colours Of A Ninetales, But As A Water Pokemon Lover I Will Probably Start With Froakie, But I Might Actually Choose Chespin, His Evolved Forms Will Probably Be Awsome! Mainly This Is Speculation, But Look At Chespins Orange Tipped Tail...

26. Spyrolad Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 20:04

Pokemon which are just animals are way better than pokemon which are creepy hybrids of many animals. (Or pokemon which are shaped like ice creams for that matter!)

27. fisher2007 Sunday 10th Feb 2013 at 22:20

I will be choosing the fire starter also prefer fire starter's.

28. sambrown64 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 00:01

I've been so out of the loop with Pokémon but this seems like a great time to get back into it. These seem like a more appealing bunch than Black/White (of which I only played the first). Looking forward to it!

29. Tazer_Silverscar Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 13:07

I think I'm going for Chespin first. The other starters look like things we've seen before - Froakie is a starter version of Poliwag (down to potentially evolving into a fighting type), and as Fenekkin has a psychic move, it's looking like an echo of Vulpix. Chespin displayed a Dark move, which I'm really interested in, because it's a new combination =P

30. Medevac Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 14:20

Wait what.

Just seen this. LOL :lol:

31. thenintendoer Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 19:45

i have to say im a little disapointed with the water type this generation as they are typically my pokemon of choice also this is gonna be my first fire type starter for any generation

32. linkherooftime Monday 4th Mar 2013 at 21:18

It's unfortunate that we already have a fire type fox. I'll be going with the Grass type most likely.