Pokemon X and Y news coming this week

Expect new information on the new Pokemon 3DS games

Pokemon X and Y were announced last month but we have heard little about the games since then. That's all set to change this week with the release of CoroCoro magazine and this weekend's edition of Pokemon Smash. You can expect exciting Pokemon news this week!

Pokemon Smash - the Sunday morning Japanese show dedicated to Pokemon - confirmed that they will have new Pokemon X and Y information this weekend but the programme also revealed that Pokemon X and Y news will break even earlier in the next edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro.

Anyone who follows Pokemon will know that CoroCoro is the first magazine to break with Pokemon news and the latest edition is due to be released in the next couple of days.

With Pokemon X and Y set for a worldwide release date for the first time, can we expect to hear about the English-language versions of the games, too? All will be revealed this week.

What do you want to know about Pokemon X and Y?

Comments

1. Pokemon Luke Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 09:09

I Think It Will Either Be Showing Some New Pokemon Or The Gameplay Mechanics. Who Knows, They May Even Announce The Name Of The New Region!

2. Slinkington Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 09:33

"Pokémon X and Y coming this week."

Misleading title.

3. CaptainSnivy Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 09:49

It'll just be the player characters, the region, and the early bird and early rodent, I expect.

4. shy guy 64 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 10:28

good to know

5. Mew3 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 10:35

I want to see some of the version exclusive pokemon, the only reason I bought White was because it had Braviary

6. CDS Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 10:40

Whatever it is, it should be good. Even if it's just a bit of news, at least we'll have more news.

7. Greene-Stuff Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 13:02

Please just announce the pokedex, I've been dying to see the new pokemon

8. keir Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 15:17

everthing about new pokemon, gym leaders, regions and if you can creat your own charecter I guess :D

9. shadowlugia101 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 15:39

FINALLY! :D there were a few hints at some new eeveelutions on pokemon smash yesterday, so maybe we'll see something there. i really want to see the evolutions of the starters, and maybe some new evos of previous pokemon. just anything would be good!

10. DynamicPunch202 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 16:14

I want to learn about the new legendarys, cause we still don't know their types, or the legends behind them. I'd also like to see more new pokemon, even if it's the just the normal type you find on the first route. The region name and starting town name would nice.

11. KH81314 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 18:12

I wouldn't be surprised if they announcede something big. They announced the Starters in the first trailer so anything could happen.

12. ThePokekid78 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 18:16

Just announcing the starter's evolutions would be fine. Can't decide which starter to get as I dislike them all, but hopefully there will be at least 1 cool evolution...

13. Bugs1 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 22:24

I ve seen the pokemon smash trailer,and in true wacky japanese fashion they have guys dressed up as pokemon.The theme of costumes follow the theme of eevee evolutions.So I think the news will be the new eeveelutions. On another website forum last month I came across a guy called something like 'umbracenti 'or 'ultimacenti' can't remember but he profess to have a source that gave him decriptions or concepts of six other pokemon plus new eveelution. This leaves me to believe eeveelutions will be the revelation on sunday

14. CeruleanJim Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 00:18

Mark my words the news is two more eeveelutions, if you've been watching pokemon smash they have been showing people dressed as eevee's evolutions each week :D

15. Kirby8 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 23:43

Was meant to post saying very excited, but it's kinda late now since the issue has come out.