Ubisoft to release another Rayman Legends Wii U demo

Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?

Ubisoft will attempt to make up for the Rayman Legends delay by releasing an exclusive Wii U demo of the game ahead of its September release.

Last week, fans reacted angrily to the news that Rayman Legends had been delayed so that it may be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as Wii U and Ubisoft will be hoping that the Wii U demo will appease Wii U owners who were looking forward to playing the new platformer in March.

In response to the reaction from fans, Ubisoft posted this message on its Facebook page:

"Thanks for all your feedback regarding Rayman Legends in all of its forms. We have heard you and we will continue to listen. We understand your frustration and that you want to get your hands on the game.

"We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more."

This will be the second Rayman Legends demo for Wii U after three levels from the game were released in December. Of course, Rayman Legends was originally scheduled to be a Wii U launch game but was then put back to March before being delayed until September.

Comments

1. D Gamer Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 11:52

"Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2. boxdude10 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 11:57

I'm sorry but a demo isn't good enough. The game is finished. We know that. Ubisoft didn't delay Assassin's Creed 3 so that it could be released on Wii U so why the hell are they waiting so long to release this?? It's unacceptable :x

3. tomonm Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:03

"Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought that would be the reaction!

4. franksello Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:05

I doubt the people who have had this game preordered, or even those who bought the Wii U early for this title are going to be satisfied with another demo. The game is ready! The reason for the delay is purely financial, and has the potential to backfire badly on ubisoft. With the lack of new Wii U games out at the minute Rayman could have really made an impact, but releasing multi platform in September with games like GTA5 out and the countdown to Christmas and possible new consoles from Sony and Microsoft for people to wait for.... Could see Rayman sink into mediocrity, bad move Ubisoft, I think you ve lost a lot of fans.

5. Tazer_Silverscar Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:06

I'm not a big Rayman fan, but even I'm disgusted. Delaying a completed product is not on.

6. Shinnos Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:08

Yep, another demo is just insulting. If Ubisoft really "listened to fans" they'd be able to tell that what Wii U owners want isn't to be drip-fed a few more levels of a game that they won't let you have. You just have to look on Miiverse...

I'd be interested to know what Nintendo think of this. They seemed to be really supportive of Ubisoft making a Zombi U bundle for the Wii U and making Rayman Legends available on in-store demo units. Ubisoft's decision seems like a real smack in the face after all that.

7. lminett Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:20

If anyones interested , i found out that Microsoft has a clause where if a game is going to launch multi platform that, the game must be released at the same time or before its rivals on the xbox 360. Meaning that if Ubisoft launched the game on the WiiU, MS would have said no to the game coming to the 360. Total crud eh?

8. adamatsu Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:42

what an insult....ubisoft have truly disgraced themselves over this. i'll never buy another ubisoft game again.

9. Commandervideo Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:46

By the end of the year Wii U owners will have the whole game, but split across multiple demos. lol

10. Ioannis83 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:49
  11. Zaphod_B Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 12:52

I'll let Darth Vader answer that for me:

12. imbusydoctorwho Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 13:06

I rather they add the NFC tech,and the online modes,that was revealed in the original trailer,than release another demo.

13. yoshiller64 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 13:52

if i am correct the ps4 is coming out in november so releasing rayman legends 2 months before the new playstation comes out is pointless so they are most likely going to put it back another 2 months for the release of the ps4 wont they

14. K-tet Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 14:20

Ubisoft to release another Rayman Legends demo for Wii U?

Ubisoft can keep their demo's. If they had listened to the vox populi, they'd realise that they've made a stupid mistake and should instead release the full game ahead of the PS3/360 port. Keeping a game back when it's virtually finished just to release it on the other systems is a bit cheap, and that's irrespective of market penetration.

I've said it before, so I'll say it again, I may pick it up once it's in the bargain bin.

15. alexkinch Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 14:24

Well red steel, red steel 2, zombi u and the 2007 gba tmnt game are proof that ubisoft still love nintendo.

16. tobes325 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 16:01

Yeah there isnt really anything they can do for wii u owners I dont think to make up for their decision. Its awful. Why they would delay it to make it available for all consoles when it was supposed to be a launch game for us anyway is appaling. I will be getting the game still because this doesnt change the fact it looks awesome, but I think they will lose alot of respect for this.

17. PeterR Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 16:02

really? that sounds odd but interesting if true

18. goldenmushroom Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 17:11

Guys please help this petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft ... -the-wii-u

despite the fact i signed it im highly doubtful it will make a difference

19. awesomeadam15 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 17:17

An exclusive demo doesn't make the situation any better, but at least Ubisoft tried to make it up to us.

20. yoshiller64 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 17:33

people keep signing petitions because the men in suits want money so the more people who sign the petitions the more likely they are going to release it in march because they realise how many people actually want and how many people will buy this game

21. King Slazo Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 17:43

You do realise exponentially more people will buy this game now because its coming out on 360 and PS3, yeah? I'll tell you right now with confidence both of those versions will outsell the Wii-U one, petition or no petition.

22. LOZanges Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 18:10

At least we've got another demo, it's not the end of the world. I love Rayman as much as the next 3,000 Ubisoft fanboys, but at least the game's coming out. I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so angry at Ubi, but my sanity's till intact. You seem to be able to wait for Animal Crossing New leaf, Luigi's mansion 2 and Aliens colonial marines, (It was announced 12 years ago. Still waiting.) but not this. Be happy you've got something rather than being the spoiled brats you are. Respect the developers, please. There's not point crying over spilt milk, as they say.

23. K-tet Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 18:48

Respect the developers, please.

Allow me to pick you up on this. We respect the developers, but we do not take kindly to the executive decision to delay the game when it is, for all intents and purposes, finished and ready for release. Contrary to crying over spilt milk, if we believe what was said regarding the developers themselves stating that the Wii U version is complete, then you should aim this at Ubisoft's executive committee, not to the people who are both extremely annoyed and maligned at Ubisoft's baffling decision to delay a complete game until September.

I'm afraid another demo doesn't make up for this (at least in my opinion).

Edit:

That's because both the 360 and the PS3 have a greater total market share compared to the Wii U. Surely that's common knowledge. However, the main point isn't that the game is going multiplatform, it's solely that it's being delayed unnecessarily. If the game is finished, it makes more sense to release it now rather than wait until September and release it concurrently with the 360 and PS3 versions. The game itself was tailored for the Wii U to begin with. If the game is indeed ready for release, where's the reason for keeping it back until September? That's the only reason why people are petitioning.

24. Spyrolad Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 18:51

well woohoo :/

25. TheSlenderman Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 19:27

Horay!!!!!
    I am so excited about this demo!!!! It has absolutely made my year!!! Forget WindWaker HD and Pikmin 3, this demo is the REAL hero of 2013!!!! :mrgreen:

Now look at the above paragraph again, but imagine it being said sarcastically. Yep.

26. 3ds234 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 19:31

NO. :x :x .How could anyone think it would :roll: :roll: We can play a tiny demo or at the same time we can play the FULL game.

27. 3ds234 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 19:33

Horay!!!!!

HaHa I thought you were serious

28. starmie68 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 19:44

How nice of them to provide us with another demo i want the full game. All i can say is disapointed Ubisoft

29. Ioannis83 Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 20:36

Guys please help this petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft ... -the-wii-u

despite the fact i signed it im highly doubtful it will make a difference

It probably wont but I still want to try.

30. WOLFENFTW Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 20:40

I keep putting off getting a Wii U because of the change in Legends release date. Sick and tired of Ubisoft doing this to us. All rants at Ubisoft at the moment are totally justified, I'm pretty sure Nintendo aren't too pleased either.

31. TenTen Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 20:52

Whilst I agree that it seems pretty greedy of Ubi, it was the right decision to make as a business. The Wii U hasn't sold much at the moment, so releasing it now wouldn't make a lot of money. By the time September comes, more units would have been sold, meaning more money. It may seem pretty greedy, but you have to appreciate that Ubisoft are a company which need to make money, and it'd be more economically viable for a multi-format release. I do think the Wii U version should have been released as soon as it was ready, mind.
    Please don't kill me...

32. southendandy Monday 11th Feb 2013 at 21:18

What's the difference between ubisoft & London Underground? Nothing both have delays.

33. Jarmez Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 00:23

"Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My thoughts exactly. Nice of Ubisoft to stab us Nintendo fans in the back, and have the darn cheek to think a demo would be sufficient enough as an apology, for making us wait for a game that's finished but only to be released alongside ports. Yeah thanks Ubisoft.

34. harrogatewario Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 07:40

It's clear the decision is purely because of this 360 nonsense with regards to multi-platform games. (A typical MS bullying tactic).

The argument 'that it will sell more copies' if it's delayed is a nonsense. WiiU owners would pick the game up between now and September if they want it, then the same amount of PS/Xbox owners will pick it up in September irrespective of whether it is already out on WiiU or not.

I'd bet you would even find that if a PS/Xbox owner played and liked the game on a friends WiiU they would be more likely to purchase it.

35. LOZanges Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 09:51

Respect the developers, please.

I know it's ready for release, because, like the other million people, I played the demo. It's an amazing, fun and difficult experience, with none detracting from the other and I would absolutely loooooooove to see a March release. But, that's the problem. I don't care about the petitions and the whining, because they're destined to fail. I know this because I live in the REAL world, not the one where a couple of gamers get what they want. (Oh wait, the 8 PS360 gamers who want this on their consoles got what they wanted, so I take that point back.) I love Ubisoft and will continue to buy they're games, (Unlike some fans...) but I've had enough of the petitions. This game WAS a console shifter, now, not so much.

Also, I think ZombiU is going multi-platform, but I don't know.

36. K-tet Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:27

I'm a pretty fair kind of guy LOZanges, but you may have just mooted your entire argument (unless that was your intention, which it could've been).

People are allowed to petition if they believe it will get them results. No-one is forcing anyone else to join in (for the record I haven't, but if people want to sign petitions and such, I have no problems). Being pro-active and voicing the concerns of those who share the same opinion is I believe crucial to any issue that needs to be addressed. Those people also live in the real world where there have been great miscarriages of justice so to speak. Even if said people's efforts end up falling on deaf ears, it's better to try than not try at all. To be fair, it's not the Wii U owners who are screwed the most out of this, it's the developers who were told when the release date was, put everything and more into working overtime to get the game finished on schedule, only to have the executive committee delay a complete game for 6/7 months for the sake of a multiplatform release.

I know it's not your intention to do so, but please don't insult those who feel strongly aggrieved by Ubisoft's baffling decision. I respect (and I believe many others also respect) your views on this matter and how you feel such efforts are a waste of time, but don't come off as being somewhat arrogant for the sake of proving a point.

37. LOZanges Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:47

K-tet I see the point you're trying to make here, but when you realise that people are saying that they're never going to buy a Ubisoft game again, things get out of hand. I know I may sound like a pretty mean guy, but I'm not. I'm just angry at Ubi and somehow take it out at the petitions and hope. That's probably because I like Ubi and don't want to hate on them. 7 months is a very long time and I know that. But I think the only reason they believe is because Ubi listened to the PS360 owners. K-tet, you're a very nice guy and I'm not going to say I feel mean now, because that's what the people who don't feel mean say. So, this apology is kind of between the lines.

38. K-tet Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:53

Hey, no worries man. We're good. ^_^b

People just air their disappointment in different ways.

39. zappy27 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:07
  40. parker-skywalker Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:04

Please don't kill me...

I think as a business decision it shows that ubisoft is really stupid there are no big games coming out at the moment for wii u or indeed other consoles. Releasing in September means that they will be competing with better games than legends and the news from e3 of new consoles so i highly doubt it will sell well on 360 and ps3 as people will be saving money for the new systems or picking it up second hand or bargin bin. this game personally has gone from must buy to will get if its cheaper than 15.