Ninfia revealed for Pokemon X and Y

New Pokemon is reported to be an Eevee evolution

Ninfia, an all-new Pokemon who will appear in Pokemon X and Y, has been revealed in the pages of CoroCoro magazine.

We say Ninfia is all-new but it is reported to be an evolution of Eevee, a character who has been around since Pokemon Red and Blue. Eevee already has seven evolutions but Ninfia will make it an eighth.

The word from CoroCoro is that Ninfia is 1.0m tall and weighs 23.5kg. However, Ninfia's type has yet to be revealed and we do not know how it will evolve from Eevee (pictured below).

Ninfia evolves from Eevee
Ninfia evolves from Eevee
The first image of Ninfia is in CoroCoro and scans of the new Pokemon have already been posted on Pokemon website Serebii.

We hope to have an official image of Ninfia soon. What do you think of the new Pokemon?

Here are all the new Pokemon who will appear in the Pokemon X and Y Pokedex.

Comments

1. Mew3 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 09:12

My new favourite eevelution. Seeing that they haven't told us the type (this probably isn't true but) this might be a new type or something to do with that double helix :mrgreen:

2. jellyjal Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 09:23

Type fusions?

3. choclate-milk Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 09:40

Fu-sion... Ha!

4. Tamzily01 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 09:55

Fu-sion... Ha!

I think my brain just exploded... O_O

5. Commandervideo Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 09:59

O OH! If that is the best Gen 6 has to offer in Pokemon design, then Gen 6 is screwed,
    well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

6. choclate-milk Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:12

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

Here comes the poop-storm...

7. Jarmez Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:16

Well it's in Corocoro, so it's real unlike that worm and bird pokemon magazine image. I like this design, though it reminds me of a Eevee and Victini cross breed for some reason ._.

8. samus_killer Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:17

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

Are you implying that Leafeon was good?

I for one like the design for Ninfia. I wonder what it's English name will end up being, or even it's type. Looks to me like it'll be a flying type.

9. Bugs1 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:20

I'm expecting this eeveelution may be achieved by the DNA splicer explaining the DNA helix on the japanese title. there already been more calls for fusion since black2 and white2 maybe game freak has answered the call.

10. shy guy 64 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:29

it looks pretty cool

11. Commandervideo Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:30

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

Here comes the poop-storm...

Well... it doesn't even compare to past eeve forms.

It looks a bit like Milotic and Victini though, it's a shame it looks nowhere near as good as them.

12. Mew3 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:41

The face looks like it belongs on a victini

13. Mew3 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:44

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

How can you say that about this adorable pokemon that seems to have a thing for bow ties?!

14. Tamzily01 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:48

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

They actually seem more like barrettes.

15. zappy27 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 10:57
  16. vix_chan Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:36

It's just sooo uber CUTE looking, they need to balance it out by bringing out a Gothic looking Ghost Eveelution or something.

17. Guybrush20X6 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:39

Personally I think the bows are a bit much but I like it otherwise.

Anyone think it'll be a new type of pokemon?

18. ProfessorN Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:46

I think Ninfia looks amazing! One of my favourite Eeveeloutions. Judging by the design with the flowing ribbon like parts of its body and its pink and cream colouring it must be flying or normal type. I would probably say flying type.

19. Jarmez Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:52

What I find interesting in that picture, is that Ninfia has some shine effects on it... Too early to have that as a shiny pokémon (since it would mean seeing the normal form)...

20. Tamzily01 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:54

I think that's just to denote that it's new...not that it was obvious to begin with.

21. King Slazo Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:54

I'm betting Normal type, doesn't really emit the characteristics you'd expect of a Flying type (like, say, wings), and looks more of a contest-esque Pokémon with a colour scheme similar to lots of past Normnal types.

Either way, I like it. Looks elegant and sophisticated.

22. Jimmy Mcbillbill Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 11:57

this pokemon is pretty cool, but not enough to beat joltion :D

23. regginator3 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 13:35

Light type for sure.

24. choclate-milk Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 13:36

this pokemon is pretty cool, but not enough to beat joltion :D

That's a funny way to spell Flareon.

25. shy guy 64 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 13:39

true but dont forget there are several flying types without wings

26. KH81314 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 14:15

Not loving the new eeveelution but I wonder how there gonna make it evolve and what type it is. The types that there missing are Dragon, Ghost, Steel, Ground, Rock, Flying, Fighting, Normal (if you dont count Eevee), Poison, Bug and Dark but it doesn't really look like any of these.

27. Jarmez Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 14:21

Umbreon is the Dark type Eeveelution...

28. Tailzy Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 14:36

I'm gonna say normal

29. shadowlugia101 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 14:59

interesting design and about time a new eveelution came, they haven't revealed it's type yet which would make me think that this is the first of the 'light' types

30. Gapa Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:01

It still looks similar to the other eveelutions, if you look at the eyes you'll see that they are fairly similar to Leafeon's eyes, I just think that the bows and ribbons are but much, and set it too far apart from the other eevelutions.

31. Latte Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:07

ninfia...ninth eevee?

32. Laughlyn Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:30

Pokemon needs another Eeveelution like Gran Turismo 5 needs another Skyline :? still looking forward to the game though :)

33. Pyron12 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:14

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

This is what, oh yeah! Only the 6th Gen 6 pokemon unveiled so they have plenty of time to reveal good pokemon. This one is actually good. Glaceon is the worst imo.

34. Sir_Bowser Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:52

That is the ugliest Pokemon I've seen in a long long while.
    What a repulsive design.

35. EighteenSky Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:02

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

Are you implying that Leafeon was good?

Oi! You do not badmouth Leafeon which is the second best eveeloution (behind Espeon).

36. neko paul Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:15

I like this new eveeolution. I don't Think these an eveeloution I haven't liked so far. anyone else think this is going to be an normal type? I don't know why but Ninfia looks like an normal type pokemon to me, it maybe the pink or something..

37. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:42

this pokemon is pretty cool, but not enough to beat joltion :D

That's a funny way to spell Flareon.

Weird, I thought for a second there that you were suggesting that Flareon is good! Lucky I was mistaken, that would have been a strange thing to say...

38. fisher2007 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:51

I'm gonna say it looks pretty cool even it got Victini face.

39. CDS Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:52

I'm not sure what to think of this, or of the eventuality that it might be spoilt with its typing and way of evolution.

40. PikachuKJ Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:57

It looks pretty cool but we need more information. I wonder how it will evolve andwhat the type is. Hopefully we will see more pokemon soon.

41. CraigEmberson Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 20:46

I'm pretty sure this name could be "Nymphia" (from the word Nymph) or a romanisation of "Nymphaea" (alternate word to Nymphaeum).

Nymphaeaceae is a species of Water Lily and she looks very flowery and decorated. It's colour scheme resembles the Dragon type indicator but there's nothing Dragon-like about her - unless, she's a dragon type purely because they're seen as Legend-like and usually are Deities in the Pokemon world.

I'd imagine that it's dubbed name will be "Nympheon" or along the lines.

42. themightyboar Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 22:19

eevee doesnt need any more evolutions leafeon and iceon were bad enough

43. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:00

There's a few potential types.
    1st there's water. Like others have said, by looking at the name, it sounds like nymph, like water nymph. Also, it's ribbons do remind me of Milotic. However, we have Vaporeon, so it seems unlikely.
    2nd, there's flying. It's styling does look very fly-esque. It doesn't have wings however, but there are others who fly without wings. It's ribbons look like it can help it fly. And the move it's performing looks like Air cutter or air slash.
    3rd and last, normal. It does also look very normal-esque. The move could be slash, or something else. And I think that's the closest resemblance. It could be a standard level up evolution.

The last two seem the most likely. Not sure where to place my bet, but feel flying could be possible due to the image where it's performing a move. Plus, it's eyes are light blue, which could signify flying type. It looks a bit bunny-esque by it's ears, which could also signify either, but could say it flys by sort of leaping high.

44. Mew3 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 09:45

eevee doesnt need any more evolutions leafeon and iceon were bad enough

A: They were a lot better than the first three
    B: Iceon?...

45. Mew3 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 09:47

To all those people who didn't notice the screenshot of it on serebii: it looks like it's using a fire or dragon type move

46. TheSlenderman Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 18:47

well done Game Freak for making the first and only bad eeve-loution.

Clearly this design will not appeal to everyone, as with anything else, but to write of the entire generation on the back of 1 design... You're being a bit prejudice.