Michel Ancel pleads with Ubisoft to release Rayman Legends now!

Rayman development team want Legends to be released on Wii U now

Release Rayman Legends now! That's the message from Rayman creator Michel Ancel who joined the Rayman Legends development team to protest against Ubisoft's decision to delay the game so that it may be released at the same time as the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Ancel posed with his Ubisoft Montpellier team as they held up a banner which reads: "Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpelier." Rayman is pictured in the middle of the banner crying. Just like we were when we discovered the news!

So there you have it. Ubisoft Montpellier are on your side.

[ Source: Eurogamer ]

Comments

1. Ioannis83 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:33

Wow this made my day!

2. ledreppe Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:33

There's an online petition if you want to sign it do a google search. I didn't bother myself as I don't think it'll do any good.

3. Ioannis83 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:39

I think I have signed it 10 times by now lol.

4. GiftedGimp Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 15:43

Ubi are getting a lot of flak over delaying WiiU Rayman.
    Critism from media, Fans & even other developers and publishers, along with thier in-house development team/s.
    Rayman isn't going to be released in the next few weeks thats for sure but I can see it being released within the next couple of months.

Trouble is if Ubi relent by not delaying Rayman untill september WiiU owners need to purchase the game as if after all the commotion it sales are low or even only average then Ubi will be able to justify why they opted for the delay and it opens the door for them to neglect the WiiU on future projects.
    Of course if they were to release Rayman earlier than september and the sales were High then it could not only secure Ubisoft support for the system it could also make other developers/publishers who have been reluctant to be (fully) supportive on WiiU to reconsider thier position.

5. Zack n Wiki Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:03

Come on, sign it! Tell other people to sign it!

6. CyberGW Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:07

Wow. That's good.
    I actually sent a letter to Ubisoft this morning, don't know if it will do anything (but hey, there's strength in numbers)and I tried to be as nice as possible while still getting my view across strongly.
    If have also signed the petition, so hopefully with the developers, the media and the public on our side, we'll get somewhere.

7. torterratrainer Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:25

although i wont be getting it, got quite close to it - i fully support the march release date in its entirety, none of this XBOX/PS3 stuff conjoint.

ROLL ON THE LIBERATION OF MONTPELIA!

8. debris Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:52

I noticed on the WiiU eShop the new demo is coming on the 28 of this month...... It's good to see the dev team standing up for the game.

9. Cidiyance Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:19

Oh hell yeah! This is what I wanted to see from the development team, the producers themselves would make me their enemy if they refused!

10. AaronMclaren Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:27

This is absolutely awesome to see! Good on 'em, I say. :) Hopefully Ubisoft are really paying attention to the backlash they've caused with this, as this one of those cases where all this press can quite possibly destroy their public image.

11. L_A Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:31

Just a quick heads-up : the guy in the 1st picture is actually a fan, who went to Ubisoft Montpellier to protest against the delay. He met the developers then. But it's not Ubi Montpellier protesting against the delay, it's just a fan.

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I think you (and Eurogamer) should edit your article ;)

12. K-tet Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 19:25

Well this is certainly a good thing. That's definitely Ancel in the picture. As to whom the other two gentlemen are, they could well be part of the dev team. The picture however could be from a fan, or it could be from one of the dev team. Either way, it's the message they're portraying that counts.

Who knows? Perhaps the campaign has got a chance. It will be a massive victory for the vox populi if Ubisoft do retract their decision and release the Wii U version in February/March. Time will tell.

13. adamatsu Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 19:34

brilliant, good luck to these guys!!

14. Nintendalek42 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 20:12

:) Excellent. Hopefully this will have some effect, though I doubt it actually will. Good on the Dev Team for voicing their protest/supporting fans in their protest.

15. Mr Roboto Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 21:07

Just goes to show what madness this whole situation is!

The games finished and polished up so just release it and help the Wii U sale some units at the sometime.

16. franksello Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 21:56

Are we perhaps being fooled by a truly original attempt to advertise a game?

Maybe the marketing guys at Ubisoft had the balls to try something new?

I mean all the coverage, petitions and anger, not many games get all this attention, if they relent and just release the game now... Maybe they are on to the fact that there no such thing as bad publicity.

17. TheSlenderman Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 22:32

I hate being pessimistic, but I highly doubt that anything will happen. :(
    However, I really hope that something does happen as we have been waiting for this game for ages and it is now finished. Blast those corporate morons!

18. parker-skywalker Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:07

Are we perhaps being fooled by a truly original attempt to advertise a game?

Maybe the marketing guys at Ubisoft had the balls to try something new?

If you are right then they would have been crazy smart. As i was on the fence about this game but would buy it if it came out in Feb to show support of wiiu. However I dont think they are messing us about and so i wont buy this game and regret giving them money for zombi u

19. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:20

Ubisoft need to listen up.

20. tomonm Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 08:41

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I think you (and Eurogamer) should edit your article ;)

Good spot! I think by holding the banner, Ubisoft Montpellier are endorsing the fan's protest

21. linkmarth29 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 19:16

Well it's nice to know that Ancel is actually on our side. Still needs more signers of the petition. I wonder if they've got some kind of ' if you get to 1,000,000 people we'll undelay (if that's a word) the game.' I hope so.