Batman Arkham 3 coming in 2013

Will it be released on Wii U?

The next game in the Batman: Arkham series will be released this year. Time Warner made the announcement during a financial meeting last week, a transcript of which has now appeared online.

In the transcript, CFO John K. Martin is quoted as saying: "We expect [digital home video revenue] to grow close to 20% in 2013. And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise."

Great news for fans of the series which made its Nintendo debut only last year in Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition. However, formats have yet to be revealed so we don't know if the new Batman game will be released for Wii U.

Did you play Batman: Arkham City on Wii U? Would you like to play the sequel?

[ Source: CVG ]

Comments

1. lrwr14 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:00

Loved Arkham Asylum, haven't got around to playing Arkham City yet.

2. deKay Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:18

Of course I'll play another sequel! I'm playing City at the moment, and the original was one of the best games of that generation.

3. KH81314 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:43

Thought that the first game was great and I'm playing the second one know. I would love for a third game to come to the Wii U.

4. Tamzily01 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:49

Really looking forward to seeing this. I wouldn't be surprised if Hush was the main villain of the game (anyone who's completed Arkham City will know why).

5. SS Vegeta Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 16:51

Preferred the PS3 version over the Wii U, but Arkham City is still amazing on both consoles. Hopefully this new one will come to the Wii U - more games, the better!

6. yubel Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 18:23

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, but can't help being sceptical due to Rocksteady not being involved.

7. dave666 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 19:02

it bloody better

8. Waldy565 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 20:53

Still to play Arkham City, but played Asylum on Other Formats, so I know what is to be expected. This is great news, I love Batman, and DC in general.., hopefully Warner will think about making some games for other super heroes...? :)

9. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:21

Please do! I also wish they would release Asylum on the Wii U too. I haven't had a chance to play it properly.

10. Johny G Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 12:01

I would like the original Arkham Ayslum on Wii U - I preferred that to Arkham City

11. Johny G Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 12:01

I think a cop-op mode with Bat Girl and Robin would be fun

12. Tamzily01 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 12:18

I think a cop-op mode with Bat Girl and Robin would be fun

Which Batgirl though? It can't be Barbara Gordon, because she's Oracle in the Arkhamverse. My bet is on Cassandra Cain, seeing as Tim Drake is Robin.

13. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 13:38

Arkham City is my favourite game I've got on my Wii U,I really hope this sequel comes to Wii U.
    *Crosses fingers