Official Pokemon TV app is out today on iOS

Watch Pokemon episodes on your iPhone and iPad for free

You can watch epiosdes of the Pokemon anime for free on your iPhone or iPad if you download the Pokemon TV App.

The Pokemon Company International released the new Pokemon TV app today. It's available right now on iTunes and you can download it now to stream episodes.

There are currently 50 available and they are split by region so you can watch episodes from every generation from Kanto to Hoenn and Unova.

You can even watch Pokemon movies when they become available - Kotaku reports that Pokemon The Movie: Kyurem Vs. The Sword Of Justice will be streaming from 15 to 18 February.

Will you download this app?

Comments

1. lrwr14 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:08

No windows support :( . This would be good on the 3DS and Wii U, hope they do do one Wii U and 3DS.

2. ToxicJosh Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 17:43

Also on Android

3. PikachuKJ Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 18:04

Why not let us which episodes we want. I hate having to go online to watch old episodes. I'm guessing it is the same thing that is on the pokemon website. Also I really want to watch the second mewtwo movie but I can't find it any where :(

4. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 18:37

Nice, I'll be getting this for the Pokemon movies personally - they're not all that great, but...they're Pokemon. And movies. Together!

5. Waldy565 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 20:48

You know what's amazing? Why this isn't on a Nintendo hardware capable of video play-back... :( - We got Kirby TV, proof enough...

6. CraigEmberson Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 21:04

This is what effs me off with Apple... They pay so that things come exclusively to them - just to starve Android or other systems of support. They charge well over 300% of what it costs to make their products... It's like the ZombiU app - it was for Android and iOS but Apple paid for exclusivity and ruined it for people. This is why I don't get brainwashed by these products, they're as bad as Sony as a company.

7. Waldy565 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 21:25

Just been reading my fill of "Reggie Asks", he was talking about NintendoTVii. Nuff said ;)

8. 3ds234 Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 21:34

You forgot Ipod touch.I got it when I heard about but all episodes are from far on into the season which is annoying :( but apart from that its good and EVERYTHINGS FREE :D :D (so far)

9. TheSlenderman Tuesday 12th Feb 2013 at 22:11

FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! excellent. :mrgreen:

10. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:16

Also on Android

As said previously, also on Android. ONM just forgot to mention it. So before you go on a random pointless rant, check first.

And it's not called brainwash, it's called choice. If you choose to use something Android, fine. Same if you choose to use iOS, BB, Windows, whatever. People really need to stop fighting and whining all the time about which is better and what other people do or are by choosing a competitor and just be happy with their choice.

I have never been aware of Apple paying for exclusive rights to an app, but if they do then that's just business, and Google has plenty of money to pay for it too. I personally never heard of the ZombiU app being released for Android and never heard of Apple paying exclusivity to revert that, what's the source of this information?
    In my opinion, Live and let live.

11. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:18

They should just make a desktop app. Would much prefer to watch it on my laptop. I do most of the time anyway, so not much need for this app, haha. But I think it's cool they are making it and am downloading anyway XD.

12. parker-skywalker Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 00:20

I really want this on my wiiu that would be super awesome

13. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 01:36

I really want this on my wiiu that would be super awesome

Agree! But I also want a desktop app mainly because my internet at Uni is SOOO shoddy and so my Wii U doesn't get a stable connection. =(

14. chazrinelli Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 08:02

Why is this not on 3DS? Even if not in 3D?

Downloaded anyway, going to enjoy the classics and hopefully it'll work over AirPlay, so I can watch on my TV when I get home!!

15. AMthedude Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 10:36

To those wanting to watch these on a PC, They're on the official Pokemon website as well as this app. Have a link: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/tv-episodes/pokemon-episodes/

16. Kirby8 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 12:45

Aww that's awesome! Thanks.

17. olrodlegacy Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 17:57

They should release apps for this on Wii U and 3DS, but more importantly, they need to bring out all the series and movies on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK.

18. Tams Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 19:49

Why have an app for streamed content?! It hardly adds any useful features that a decently designed mobile website can do. They have the non-mobile website after all! You need an internet connection anyway. :evil: