Resident Evil Revelations Wii U busts into the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine

ONM 92 out now! Get your free Nintendo Land diorama!

Resident Evil Revelations Wii U stars in the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine which is on sale now!

Every so often, you get a month where there's so much to cram into an issue that you just can't decide what should get top billing. There's no doubt that this was one of those months, but in the end it was a triumphant return that swayed us.

Our cover story is a 12-page behemoth about the upcoming HD remake of Resident Evil Revelations - we've got exclusive screenshots, exclusive information and exclusive Team ONM squeals of delight.

ONM 92 Cover
ONM 92 Cover
Carrying on the ghoulish theme, we've got a hands-on preview of the first three hours of the long-awaited Luigi's Mansion 2.

Then there's the feature about all we know and want from Pokemon X & Y, the series' bow on the the 3DS.

After that we've got Heaven's Eleven, a six-page skip through every Wii U game revealed at the last, incredible Nintendo Direct.

Wind Waker Wii U leads our coverage from Nintendo Direct
Wind Waker Wii U leads our coverage from Nintendo Direct
Sorry, we just have to stop and take a breather now...

OK, here we go. Then there's our countdown of the 20 greatest boss battles in Nintendo history.

We also found time to go behind the scenes at Hydroventure developers Curve.

We visited Curve Studios where Hydroventure was made
We visited Curve Studios where Hydroventure was made
Heading up our reviews section is a look at the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, followed up by the likes of The Cave and Devil Survivor Overclocked.

And to cap it all, we've got a free Nintendo Land diorama for you to make!

Nintendo Land Diorama
Nintendo Land Diorama
Now tell us you'd have had an easier time picking what should have got top billing! Issue 92 is on sale now. What a month!

Comments

1. TheSlenderman Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 11:37

Yo, I got this on Sunday ( cause I'm a subscriber, baby! 8) ) and it was ace!
    Personally , I thought you made the right choice putting resi on the cover, as it is nearer to launch than WW Wii u or MK8, so well done! I enjoyed reading it! :mrgreen:

Also, you don't know when the next podcast is out, do you? :?:

2. tomonm Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 11:56

Yo, I got this on Sunday ( cause I'm a subscriber, baby! 8) ) and it was ace!

Also, you don't know when the next podcast is out, do you? :?:

Podcast should be this afternoon.

3. parker-skywalker Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 12:16

awesome I love the podcast perfect for completing uni work to. Now I just need to pop to the corner shop to get me a copy of the mag.

4. adamatsu Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 12:34

Will there be any point getting the Wii U version of Revelations if you've already played through the (brilliant) 3DS version?

5. TheSlenderman Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 13:24

Yo, I got this on Sunday ( cause I'm a subscriber, baby! 8) ) and it was ace!

Also, you don't know when the next podcast is out, do you? :?:

Podcast should be this afternoon.

Thanks. I love the podcast!!!

6. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 13:33

Will pick this up at the weekend.

7. redeye Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 13:51

Great mag, but why the rubbish free gift again. I think you aught to stop now.

8. KH81314 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 14:22

Cant wait to get my issue. This seems like are so many great things in here that it shouldn't be able to fit in one issue.

9. 3ds234 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 16:00

Is the MH3U review for Wii U only because I think I'll be getting it on 3ds because I don't have a Wii U

10. ChandraONM Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 16:00

Great mag, but why the rubbish free gift again. I think you aught to stop now.

When we do paper gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do plastic gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do metal gifts some people love them, some people hate them.

We've given up trying to please everyone because it will never happen :D

11. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 16:02

Excellent issue guys! As well as the ResiEvil Revelations feature (and it's gorgeous cover artwork) and the Nintendo Direct Highlights (with it's equally gorgeous giant Wind Waker HD spread), I loved the boss battle feature. The Goichi Suda interview was a nice surprise as well.
    Great job all round!

Buy the magazine, that way you can read about it and find out yourself! =D

12. tomonm Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 16:27

Yes it is but Matthew is reviewing the 3DS version right now for ONM 93.

13. Herbert_Rarr Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 17:36

Great mag, but why the rubbish free gift again. I think you aught to stop now.

When we do paper gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do plastic gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do metal gifts some people love them, some people hate them.

We've given up trying to please everyone because it will never happen :D

Then stop doing gifts and reduce the price, hmm? :|

14. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 17:47

Nice, my first comment in a magazine, thanks ONM!

Nice issue asw, although the lack of Mewtwo/anything from Metroid Prime in your 100 greatest boss battles was worrying!

15. TheSlenderman Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 21:17

Great mag, but why the rubbish free gift again. I think you aught to stop now.

When we do paper gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do plastic gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do metal gifts some people love them, some people hate them.

We've given up trying to please everyone because it will never happen :D

Unless you gave away FREE INFLATABLE YOSHIS!!!!!! :mrgreen:

16. Knightendo Wednesday 13th Feb 2013 at 23:00

Unless you gave away FREE INFLATABLE YOSHIS!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm only on my third issue since returning to the Nintendo fold but looking at the subs page it looks like there's some awesome gifts, and my wall planner is up and becoming very handy for remembering family birthdays!

When you've got such a large audience you can't expect to please all the people all the time, so keeping going, not all gifts may appeal to me but I think, looking at them overall, that you're doing a swell job.

But oh oh!! As i've already said in the "free gifts" thread itself, I collected the first couple of years of ONM (up until after Chandra left, it went downhill after that ;)) and before that the NOM mag, and they had a big inflatable Chain Chomp, which came on loads of beach holidays with me and he lasted for a good four or five years! Photos are in the other thread, not gonna embarrass myself twice!

17. TheSlenderman Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 13:29

Unless you gave away FREE INFLATABLE YOSHIS!!!!!! :mrgreen:

You see, inflatables are the way forward!!! :D

18. stevetat Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:01

Great mag, but why the rubbish free gift again. I think you aught to stop now.

When we do paper gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do plastic gifts some people love them, some people hate them.
    When we do metal gifts some people love them, some people hate them.

We've given up trying to please everyone because it will never happen :D

Yes, because nothing says 'proper grown up console' like the official magazine for the platform giving away stickers, badges and a 'nintendoland 3D diorama'. What's next, a Link glove puppet?

19. ChandraONM Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:15

If we stopped doing gifts some people would love it, some people would hate it

Then stop doing gifts and reduce the price, hmm? :|

20. ChandraONM Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:19

Proper grown up console???

Nobody has ever said ONM is a proper grown up magazine.
    It attempts to be universal.

Not sure how Nintendo Land or a diorama is childish.
    Most people would love a Link glove puppet, as it happens.

21. stevetat Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:38

Like the mag; the free gifts, not so much. I'd prefer a cover disc with video / playable demos (though maybe this website makes video demos pointless), or more in-depth game guide booklets.

Proper grown up console???

Nobody has ever said ONM is a proper grown up magazine.
    It attempts to be universal.

Not sure how Nintendo Land or a diorama is childish.
    Most people would love a Link glove puppet, as it happens.

22. NintendoForLife Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 18:43

Free gifts are fine, I like adding them to my collection every month and they keep it interesting/exciting to get new mag to see what the gift is. They are high enough quality and official so they are good enough. If I want something better I'll look on Amazon but then the prices are usually too high. At least with ONM you get a healthy collection of Nintendo merch for "free."

In short: Don't stop doing them. :wink:

23. Knightendo Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 20:30

In short: Don't stop doing them. :wink:

Here here! :)

24. MartinIsAwesome Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 12:51

Most people would love a Link glove puppet, as it happens.

You do realise that now you said that you absolutely HAVE to make Link glove puppets the next free gift! It's, like, the law or something!