Watch Nintendo Direct 3DS now

Missed this afternoon's big show. Catch up now!

Nintendo hosted another Nintendo Direct broadcast at 2pm on 14 February. The show focused on 3DS and featured loads of exciting news. If you missed the show, you can watch it again below.

In terms of new announcements, Nintendo unveiled Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Mario Golf: World Tour and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for 3DS as well as a new Mario Vs Donkey Kong game for 3DS eShop.

There was also an exciting Wii U announcement as Nintendo confirmed that New Super Mario Bros U DLC is on the way in the shape of New Super Luigi U. Elsewhere, we had UK release dates for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS, plus news of Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate and Fire Emblem Wii U and 3DS bundles.

Exciting stuff. Watch it again below...

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 10:29

looking forward to it

2. vix_chan Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 11:10

So glad i have no work today. :D

3. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 11:16

Hope it isn't too long, otherwise it'll clash with Neighbours.

4. GloverMist Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 11:26

Hurry up! I want Nintendo Direct NOW! :D

5. 3ds234 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 11:38

I'm going to predict news on Pokemon X and Y,MH3U,Animal crossing and Lego city undercover the chase begins.

6. TheSlenderman Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 12:11

They absolutely have to announce GBA titles for the 3DS eshop!!! They are coming to WII U, so why not??!

7. jack.whittingham Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 12:13

Damn college getting in the way of everything :evil:

8. FamilyGAMEGuy8 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 12:53

In light of Wind Waker being announced for Wii U last time, I'm calling Majora's Mask 3D...I hope

and a release date for Animal Crossing!

9. toffeeman30 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 13:07

exclusives on portable software. more 3ds and nothing on consoles

10. LOZanges Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 13:54

I know why not.

A. Nintendo said they MIGHT not release GBA titles on the 3DS.

B. They're on Wii U so they're probably not going to go on to the 3DS E-Shop.

I don't care because I got my 3DS before the price cut so I got the ambassador games. :)

11. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:11

2013: The Year of Luigi, CONFIRMED! Iwata wears Luigi's cap in commemoration.

Mario & Luigi 3DS confirmed!
    Mario Gold: World Tour confirmed for 3DS!
    New Super Luigi U, large scale add-on content for New Super Mario Bros U.

Also, The Legend of Zelda series comminty created for Miiverse to discuss the upcoming Zelda games.

New Monster Hunter bundles for Wii U and 3DSXL, plus the XL Circle Pad Pro.

Exclusive Fire Emblem 3DSXL bundle with Fire Emblem Awakenind pre-installed.

Etrian Odyssey IV coming to Europe on 3DS.

Project X Zone coming in summer.

Ocarina of Time 3D Downloadable version on offer for one week marked down to Ł19.99.

12. MrFruitLoops Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:19

Luigi's Mansion 2 will be released on the same day as Lego City Undercover!

13. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:32

New Inazuma Eleven games ported to 3DS in Europe from Japanese DS games, with new 3D effect added.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity coming in May.

Animal Crossing New Leaf coming on 14th June.

14. MrFruitLoops Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:33

BREAKING NEWS: Animal Crossing New Leaf will be released in the UK on June 14th 2013!

15. sonicka Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:39

Lets not forget Donkey Kong Returns 3D!

It's gunna be a good year! =D

16. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:40

New and original downloadable spin-off for Mario vs Donkey Kong coming to 3DS eShop in Q2.

Lets not forget Donkey Kong Returns 3D!

It's gunna be a good year! =D

Indeed, but it is a remake of the Wii game. Great for anyone that didn't get the original, but it might not be worth it for fans of the original.

17. Waldy565 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:40

Tom... TOM! HOW THE HELL WERE YOU RIGHT?!

18. alexjones94 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:40

Gah! Retro are working on a remake of DKCR? Slightly disappointing, hopefully they've got something else in development too.

19. LOZanges Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:42

That was amazing. Apart from the animal crossing June release, of course.

Donkey Kong country 3D looks fantastic and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on Luigi's mansion 2.

20. Waldy565 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:43

quite dissapointed in that there was no LoZ gamng news, we might get that at E3,a nd dissapointed we got no metroid news, but then again, there's always E3

21. Kirby8 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:44

Awesome direct! Yay for Year of Luigi 2013!!
    Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 2...not long to go!
    And New Super Luigi U...just awesome!!
    Project X Zone looks really good, can't wait to play it!

AND YES!! Finally! A release date for Animal Crossing New Leaf!! So glad it's June! Otherwise I would sooooo fail my exams!

And looking forward to the new Mario Vs. DK. Donkey Kong Country Returns looks good. Although it's a shame it's not a new game.

22. Commandervideo Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:00

Mario Golf! Best announcement for me. With Mario and Luigi 4 RPG not too far behind. MVSDK looks good too.
    Inazuma 11 trilogy on 3DS! Woop.
    DKCR3D? Is that really Retro studios new project? Cos that's a bit lame. Just a remake. DKCR is absolutely amazing though.

23. LOZanges Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:01

Zelda community is officialy awesome!!!

24. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:19

Not bad. Some new game announcements, as well as some long awaited release dates, plus a buch of new footage for Luigi's Mansion 2, Castlevania and Animal Crossing. Yeah, not bad at all.

Personal highlight is the new Mario Vs Donkey Kong game for eShop. 180 stages with a redesigned playing field sounds pretty sweet. I loved Mario Vs Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem on DS, so this is right up my street.
    Also, the New Super Luigi U was a big and very pleasant surprise.

25. Francescamice Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:23

OMG - ACNL 14th June!! seems so far away :( anyway something to really look forward to! :D
    Need to get it pre-ordered soon. :mrgreen:

26. Scraggy man Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:49

27. smashbros-kid Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:41

No where near as good as the Wii U one a few weeks ago but that would've taken some beating!
    I'll start with the positives. Finally got release dates for the big games. Fire Emblem and Luigi's mansion look better every time I see them. Animal Crossing looks like it'll take over my life once more and while we have to wait so a long time to play it, that it's released on my birthday softened the blow.
    The new games announced look ok. I'll likely pick up Donkey Kong seeing as I never played the original but I'd rather have a new game. Other than that my interest is subdued. Mario and Luigi looks good but I never finished 'inside story' on the DS and I'm sure if I'll pick it up. Everything else, meh. I'm getting a bit bored of Nintendo relying on Mario for software. I understand from a business point of view it's a sound strategy but for a company that seems so keen on innovation they've been treating the majority of their franchises with little respect recently. Give Mario and pals a rest and show us a new 3DS Zelda, F-Zero, Starfox, Metroid, Advance Wars- you get the idea. Perhaps resurrect an old franchise like the did with Kid Icarus, or create a new one!
    Overall it was good and if E3 builds upon this, as it needs to, then it'll be a great year. I might sound a little complacent but truly I'm still happy that Nintendo even do these events. Not bad for an average Thursday afternoon.

28. silver2010 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:40

Glad code of princess is coming out...bit like - and by some of the makers of - guardian heroes. Does me :)

29. Scraggy man Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 18:59

Monster hunter Bundles for both 3ds and Wii U.

I need to rob a bank.

*See's all the other games from the two directs*

A big bank

30. arcticace13 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 19:52

Really impressed by this nintendo direct, so much to look forward to.
    Mario Golf announcement made my day, hope it's as good as toadstool tour. Maybe i'm a glutton for punishment but really excited about etrian odyssey 4 as well, shame we never got 2 or 3. Also interested to see more about Project X Zone, looks like it could be really good.

31. alexkinch Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 20:41

cool.i wont get loz oot again but it sounds a great price. lots of stuff to get this year