New Super Luigi U DLC coming to Wii U, first screenshots

Complete Mario's Wii U platformer as Luigi

Nintendo have confirmed some amazing DLC for New Super Mario Bros U. Called New Super Luigi U, it will be released in the Wii U eShop this year.

When you download the New Super Luigi U downloadable content from the Wii U eShop, you'll only be able to play as Luigi through the game but the courses will be all-new.

Satori Iwata compared it to making an all-new game and warned fans that it would take some time to release.

Comments

1. Nintenjoe64 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:41

I hope Luigi is a tricky to control as he is in Mario Galaxy!

2. lrwr14 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:41

This actually sounds good. sadly I don't own NSMBU.

3. GloverMist Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:41

2013 - the Year of Luigi! It's what I've always wanted!

4. shy guy 64 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:42

sounds good to me

5. TheSlenderman Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:43

This will be BIG

6. ThePsychicExtrem Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:56

YES! Seems I got my wii u just in time! (Premium pack with nintendo land and mario bros U for Ł230, take that economy!)

7. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:10

This was such a surprise! If this is Nintendo's idea of doing downloadable content the right way, the future of DLC for first party games on the Wii U looks very bright indeed!

8. KH81314 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:12

Havent gotten around to playing the Game yet but I'm really excited for this DLC.

9. Nintendalek42 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:08

I'm playing through the game right now, and this excellent idea to make the game longer will definitely elicit a purchase from me. Good one on Nintendo, these new levels look both creative and infuriatingly difficult.

10. torterratrainer Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:28

OMG they just doubled a mario games size! or should that be a luigi game!
    that is a massive turn around and i hope they release even more similar styled dlc. (definetly going to get!)

11. wii_love_u Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:33

they spelt satoru wrong...

12. cheatmaster30 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 19:44

So in other words, sort of like an official ROM hack of New Super Mario Bros U being sold on the eShop.

Well, it's better than just a bunch of detached levels like we got with New Super Mario Bros 2.

13. 5OUNDWAVE Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 21:12

if this is worth it i'll rebuy mario

14. Kirby8 Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 00:23

This was the best announcement! WOO Year Of Luigi! So glad he's being appreciated more. And this is going to be the best DLC ever!! It's basically just a whole new game! Amazing!

15. GiftedGimp Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 04:08

Think I'm misunderstanding, when he says "When you purchase the Dlc you will only be able to play as Luigi but there will be all new courses" does he mean the the DLC courses can only be played as Luigi or that it alters the game so you can only play as Luigi but on all new courses. ( Possibly also shutting out the original courses aswell)
    I'm assuming if the latter is the case then in Multiplayer P1 will be luigi, P2 Mario, P3/4 Toadstools.

Really hope its me mis-reading/ mis-understanding as I still want to be able to play the original courses, with Mario.

Pls note its now 4am and been up for 22hrs so I have an excuse for my dumbness if i am mis understanding :)

16. imbusydoctorwho Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 13:35

I would definitely pay good money for this.

17. MartinIsAwesome Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 14:11

Don't worry, the original courses are left intact. This add-on basically doubles the size of the game with a seperate mode dedicated to Luigi. You'll still be able to play as Mario, Luigi and the Toads in the original game mode.