Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D confirmed for 3DS, first screenshots

It's coming to 3DS this summer

Nintendo has confirmed that a new Donkey Kong Country platformer will be released for 3DS. Called Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, it has a summer 2013 release date.

This is a new version of the classic Wii platformer Donkey Kong Country Returns and according to Satoru Shibata, it has been built from the ground up for 3DS. He added that it has to be seen to believed in 3D. Well, you can see it in 2D by checking out these new screenshots.

Are you excited about Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D?

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:42

awesome

2. TheSlenderman Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:42

You were right. Who would have thought it?

3. Dalekbuster523 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:48

Can't wait for this. About time Donkey Kong came to 3DS.

4. Donkey Kong Jr. Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:49

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

5. 2dboy88 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 14:49

good news

6. blu fire Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:09

My wallet is doomed

7. GloverMist Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:47

Does anyone remember about a year ago there was a 'Donkey Kong 3D' rumor but nothing came of it? Here's your answer!

8. blu fire Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:48

Ive just seen the trailer. It looks really similar and a lot of the bosses,level designs even the levels themselves look a bit recycled. Now im a bit worried. If their just porting The wii game to the 3DS I will be very dissapointed. The 3d is good though.

9. ThePsychicExtrem Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:59

Looks good enough, I have the wii version though, might get it if i see it for Ł20 :P

10. lminett Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:00

Yeah the 3d looks good, shame they couldn't make a new game, but DKC returns is still a very good game.

11. sonicka Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:10

Awwh WHAT? The same game I already own? Man! I was so excited about this. Why is the 3DS still getting ported games? These are great titles (especially DKC Returns) and I'm sure it will look amazing in 3D... but I can't help but feel disappointed it's not DKC Returns 2. D=

12. KH81314 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:13

Its it a new game or just a port?

13. Nintendalek42 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:06

I very probably won't buy this, I adored the Wii game but playing again in 3D a mere 2 and a half years later is pointless to me. I was surprised by the sheer number of announcements today, so there is absolutely no need to complain about the fact that this is a simple port. Funny how both ONM "predictions" like this one and predictions in the comments like the one about Mario and Luigi came true.

14. carnivine chaos Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:57

Wait, is this a brand new game? Or just a port of the Wii game?

15. 5OUNDWAVE Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 21:16

was going to buy the wii version again due to being bored but i'll wait for this

16. imbusydoctorwho Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 13:21

And then I was hoping for a sequel.
    I might get it,if it has new levels in it.

17. sambrown64 Saturday 16th Feb 2013 at 18:01

I'm sure they'll add some 3DS content to this, even if it's something as small as Street Pass support. I'll definitely be picking this up, it'll be nice being able to play it with the use of classic controls rather than the motion support on the Wii.